Zombies at Mai Kai, zodiac drinks at Armillary
4/20/2011Mai Kai Polynesian Restaurant, 3599 N. Federal Hwy., Fort Lauderdale, hosts Zombie Jamboree, a celebration of the vintage cocktail from 5 to 7 p.m. Monday that kicks off the third annual Miami Rum Renaissance Festival. Author Jeff “Beachbum” Berry will recount his 10-year quest to find the original recipe for the 1930s classic. Cost is $25, and reservations are required at 954-563-3272. Festival information is at www.rumrenaissance.com. Armillary Grill at the InterContinental at Doral, 2505 NW 87th Ave., has a fun menu of zodiac-themed cocktails. From the Moonstar for Pisces to the Ruby Haze for Leos, they know your sign. Regularly $12, the drinks are $6 all day Thursday and Friday; 305-468-1400.
- Where to eat in Miami's Historic MiMo District on Biscayne Boulevard
- Why this iconic South Beach Italian spot changed locations
- President Hello Kitty? She's got cookies to convince you
- South Beach Seafood Festival 2016 highlights top seafood chefs, restaurants
- Get yours: stone crab season starts Saturday
- Is this the best black-owned food truck in South Florida?
- South Florida just got another serious steakhouse
- Food just got a lot better at Heat's American Airlines Arena
- Phuc Yea pops up for good
- Luke's Diner will be a real place Wednesday. Here's where to get free coffee: