Zombies at Mai Kai, zodiac drinks at Armillary
4/20/2011Mai Kai Polynesian Restaurant, 3599 N. Federal Hwy., Fort Lauderdale, hosts Zombie Jamboree, a celebration of the vintage cocktail from 5 to 7 p.m. Monday that kicks off the third annual Miami Rum Renaissance Festival. Author Jeff “Beachbum” Berry will recount his 10-year quest to find the original recipe for the 1930s classic. Cost is $25, and reservations are required at 954-563-3272. Festival information is at www.rumrenaissance.com. Armillary Grill at the InterContinental at Doral, 2505 NW 87th Ave., has a fun menu of zodiac-themed cocktails. From the Moonstar for Pisces to the Ruby Haze for Leos, they know your sign. Regularly $12, the drinks are $6 all day Thursday and Friday; 305-468-1400.
- New-look AltaMare toasts summer with a new happy hour
- New kitchen leadership at Bocce Bar?
- 3.5 stars for The Forge's next generation of excellence in Miami Beach
- Brew in Miami: Belgian beer stars at Bistro BE
- Inside North Beach's Hilton Cabana & L'Echon Brasserie
- Jumbo's closes after 59-year run in Miami's Liberty City
- Ho Wang closes in Surfside; kosher BBQ joint to take its place
- The List: Eating around Miami with Tongue & Cheek's Jamie DeRosa
- Porfirio's Restaurant puts upscale Mexican food in South Beach
- Big shucking scallops at Oceanaire in Miami this weekend