Zombies at Mai Kai, zodiac drinks at Armillary
4/20/2011Mai Kai Polynesian Restaurant, 3599 N. Federal Hwy., Fort Lauderdale, hosts Zombie Jamboree, a celebration of the vintage cocktail from 5 to 7 p.m. Monday that kicks off the third annual Miami Rum Renaissance Festival. Author Jeff “Beachbum” Berry will recount his 10-year quest to find the original recipe for the 1930s classic. Cost is $25, and reservations are required at 954-563-3272. Festival information is at www.rumrenaissance.com. Armillary Grill at the InterContinental at Doral, 2505 NW 87th Ave., has a fun menu of zodiac-themed cocktails. From the Moonstar for Pisces to the Ruby Haze for Leos, they know your sign. Regularly $12, the drinks are $6 all day Thursday and Friday; 305-468-1400.
- 7 Top Fort Lauderdale Waterfront Restaurants
- 3D Printed Candy arrives in Miami on June 1 at Dylan’s Candy Bar
- Cuba's oldest beer reborn in Miami
- Grilling this weekend? Here are a grillmaster's '10 Commandments'
- Fusion of cultures nets stellar ramen at Ichimi
- 7 Top Fine Dining Waterfront Restaurants in Miami
- First Look: Downtown gets a dose of Caribbean flavors at Zest
- Make this cocktail: Sushi Garage's Lychee Mule
- Midtown Oyster Bar brings more than oysters
- Coral Gables, Dadeland get anticipated new restaurants