The Summer Groove with Zo and D. Wade
Zo and D. Wade give back.
Local heroes Alonzo Mourning and Dwyane Wade join forces once again to celebrate 14 years of summer fun with The Summer Groove hosted by Zo and D. Wade July 14-18, 2010. The five-day event benefits both Alonzo Mourning Charities and Wade’s World Foundation, both of which support community-based programs that help youth across South Florida further their educational development.
The event kicks off with the Summer Groove Golf Classic on July 14th where Zo and D. Wade and a slew of sports stars and celebrities will tee off with regular folks (who cough up $1000-$4000). To reserve a spot call Samantha Lepovetsky at (305)476-0095/131 or email at email@example.com.
On July 16 catch the Summer Groove Comedy Jam with a line up of comedians and musical talent. Past performers include Cedric the Entertainer, Ludacris, Chris Rock, Chris Tucker, Gloria Estefan, Jamie Foxx, Usher and more. Tickets are $45-$100.
The Summer Groove Block Party takes place on July 18 before the All-Star Basketball Game outside AmericanAirlines Arena. There will be live music, great food, lots of giveaways, the Molina Healthcare Village, rides and entertainment for the whole family. Inside the arena an impressive list of All-Stars will battle on the court ath the annual All-Star Basketball Game, a game jam-packed with entertainment, a half-time show, fun contests, interaction with top players in the league, and many opportunities to win great prizes. Tickets are $5-$60 at Ticketmaster.
The Summer Groove Hosted by Zo and D. Wade July 14-18. For more information visit www.TheSummerGroove.com.
See and Do
- Bayfront Park hosts tree lighting event to kick off holiday season
- Momix will perform and teach a master class at Broward Center
- 17 Fun Things to Do This Holiday Week: Nov 23-29
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami this weekend - Nov. 20-22
- ‘Newsies’ dances its way back to South Florida with a charming leading man
- Some Miami Book Fair events of note (in a weekend of hundreds)
- Miami Book Fair, a literary cornucopia, kicks off
- Give Miami Day, Nov. 19, is a chance to support Miami charities
- 15 things to do with the kids this week: Munchkin Fun's Top Picks
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami this weekend - Nov. 13-15