Zinburger zings into Sunrise at Sawgrass Mills
It's the first Florida location for the gourmet burger chain.
Another restaurant is bringing burgers, shakes and beer to South Florida.
Zinburger Wine & Burger Bar will open its first Florida location in Florida on May 20 at the Colonnade Outlets at Sawgrass Mills in Sunrise.
Since opening the East Coast’s first Zinburger in Clifton, N.J., three years ago, Zinburger claims it has developed “an almost fanatical customer following” for its menu of made-to-order gourmet burgers, hand-dipped shakes and floats, pies and selection of 23 wines.
Zinburger's burgers are cooked to order on a griddle using certified Angus beef and American-style Kobe beef that are ground in-house twice a day. Signature burgers include the Zinburger (Manchego cheese and zinfandel-braised onions) and the Kobe Burger (Vermont cheddar and wild mushrooms).
A Zinburgers is slated to open in Boca Raton in the next six months. For the Sunrise opening, Zinburger will donate 10 percent of sales from May 20-23 to the Broward Education Foundation, a nonprofit that supports public schools.
Zinburger Wine & Burger Bar
12801 W. Sunrise Blvd., Sunrise
- Brazil's 24/7 French bistro Paris 6 opening October 24 on Miami Beach
- Mignonette opening second location in ex-Gourmet Diner space on Biscayne
- Ferran Adrià, Jorge Muñoz, Aaron Mulliss & Nick Beardshaw in Miami for Estrella Damm Gastronomy Congress
- Soyka's second act: Miami restaurateur to open first restaurant in 15 years
- Big name chefs heading to Hyde Beach on September 22 for Hunger Action Month
- Ex Milos chef to head up kitchen at Miami River Greek spot, KIKI on the River
- Rick Bayless restaurant Red O opening in downtown Miami next summer
- Where sushi blends old world and new on South Beach
- Top 5 Arepas in Miami from Yelp
- Mimo Restaurant The Fed Shuts Down