Zinburger zings into Sunrise at Sawgrass Mills
It's the first Florida location for the gourmet burger chain.
Another restaurant is bringing burgers, shakes and beer to South Florida.
Zinburger Wine & Burger Bar will open its first Florida location in Florida on May 20 at the Colonnade Outlets at Sawgrass Mills in Sunrise.
Since opening the East Coast’s first Zinburger in Clifton, N.J., three years ago, Zinburger claims it has developed “an almost fanatical customer following” for its menu of made-to-order gourmet burgers, hand-dipped shakes and floats, pies and selection of 23 wines.
Zinburger's burgers are cooked to order on a griddle using certified Angus beef and American-style Kobe beef that are ground in-house twice a day. Signature burgers include the Zinburger (Manchego cheese and zinfandel-braised onions) and the Kobe Burger (Vermont cheddar and wild mushrooms).
A Zinburgers is slated to open in Boca Raton in the next six months. For the Sunrise opening, Zinburger will donate 10 percent of sales from May 20-23 to the Broward Education Foundation, a nonprofit that supports public schools.
- Ex District chef, James Beard nominee Horacio Rivadero appointed executive chef at Tantalize
- More tacos on the way: Wapo Taco opening in Coral Gables
- DB Bistro Moderne Miami goes casual for the summer
- Sugar Factory American Brasserie to celebrate its Miami opening in June with Kylie Jenner
- Amy Kalinowski is the new pastry chef at Michael's Genuine Food & Drink
- PBS Chef Irie's May 7 Hidden Kitchen collaboration
- The Local Craft Food & Drink launches new menu at open-to-public party tonight
- Morimoto South Beach launches $65 'Greatest Hits' menu
- Vikram Katoch appointed new executive chef at Bianca
- Restaurant-season slowdown hits Miami