Zen Sai: Japanese style Izakaya opening July 23 at South Beach's Essex House Hotel
Japanese-style small plates, robata and sake on South Beach helmed by former manager of California chain, Pick Up Stix
Opening for dinner on July 23 in the Essex House Hotel (The Clevelander's calmer sibling) on South Beach is Zen Sai, an Izakaya-style Japanese restaurant whose GM hails from a California mini chain called Pick Up Stix. On the menu: Chrysanthemum Tempura, Black Cod with Yuzu Miso Sauce, Scallion Wrapped Ribeye, Pork Belly with Asparagus, Octopus Salad, Miso-Mustard Glazed Sea Bass, and Rock Shrimp Tempura with Serrano Aioli Worcestershire Sauce. There's also a robata grill, house-made yakimeshi, udon noodle bowls, BBQ eel rolls, robata grilled black cod, sea bass, ribeye and pork belly.
Operating hours will be 4 p.m. to midnight, seven days of the week. Reservations will not be available; seating will be first come, first serve.
1001 Collins Ave.
- BLT Steak losing the B and adding Seafood to become LT Steak & Seafood
- Grilling this weekend? Here are a grillmaster's '10 Commandments'
- The Stones, McCartney, Dylan & DeRosa! Izzy's Fish & Oyster's Jamie DeRosa repping Miami at The Desert Trip
- The #FoieLife:Chef Jeremiah's Duck Duck Goose quacking in Wynwood June
- 5 last-minute Mother's Day brunches in Miami
- A night of dishing on Miami's culinary scene at Wynwood Yard
- Extra Ordinary: Vandy Vanderwarker of Charleston's The Ordinary shucking up at Mignonette in May
- Blue Collar restaurant hosting 2016 Matzo Chase - a scavenger hunt in Miami
- Richard Hales opening Bird & Bone Hot Chicken & Ribs at The Wynwood Yard
- Now Closed: The Oceanaire Seafood Room. Coming Soon to Mary Brickell Village: "Another Landry's concept"