Zen Sai: Japanese style Izakaya opening July 23 at South Beach's Essex House Hotel
Japanese-style small plates, robata and sake on South Beach helmed by former manager of California chain, Pick Up Stix
Opening for dinner on July 23 in the Essex House Hotel (The Clevelander's calmer sibling) on South Beach is Zen Sai, an Izakaya-style Japanese restaurant whose GM hails from a California mini chain called Pick Up Stix. On the menu: Chrysanthemum Tempura, Black Cod with Yuzu Miso Sauce, Scallion Wrapped Ribeye, Pork Belly with Asparagus, Octopus Salad, Miso-Mustard Glazed Sea Bass, and Rock Shrimp Tempura with Serrano Aioli Worcestershire Sauce. There's also a robata grill, house-made yakimeshi, udon noodle bowls, BBQ eel rolls, robata grilled black cod, sea bass, ribeye and pork belly.
Operating hours will be 4 p.m. to midnight, seven days of the week. Reservations will not be available; seating will be first come, first serve.
1001 Collins Ave.
- Ferran Adrià, Jorge Muñoz, Aaron Mulliss & Nick Beardshaw in Miami for Estrella Damm Gastronomy Congress
- Soyka's second act: Miami restaurateur to open first restaurant in 15 years
- Big name chefs heading to Hyde Beach on September 22 for Hunger Action Month
- Ex Milos chef to head up kitchen at Miami River Greek spot, KIKI on the River
- Rick Bayless restaurant Red O opening in downtown Miami next summer
- Where sushi blends old world and new on South Beach
- Top 5 Arepas in Miami from Yelp
- Mimo Restaurant The Fed Shuts Down
- Where to find artisanal chocolate in South Florida
- These are the most popular Indian restaurants in Miami