Zen Sai: Japanese style Izakaya opening July 23 at South Beach's Essex House Hotel
Japanese-style small plates, robata and sake on South Beach helmed by former manager of California chain, Pick Up Stix
1001 Collins Ave.
Opening for dinner on July 23 in the Essex House Hotel (The Clevelander's calmer sibling) on South Beach is Zen Sai, an Izakaya-style Japanese restaurant whose GM hails from a California mini chain called Pick Up Stix. On the menu: Chrysanthemum Tempura, Black Cod with Yuzu Miso Sauce, Scallion Wrapped Ribeye, Pork Belly with Asparagus, Octopus Salad, Miso-Mustard Glazed Sea Bass, and Rock Shrimp Tempura with Serrano Aioli Worcestershire Sauce. There's also a robata grill, house-made yakimeshi, udon noodle bowls, BBQ eel rolls, robata grilled black cod, sea bass, ribeye and pork belly.
Operating hours will be 4 p.m. to midnight, seven days of the week. Reservations will not be available; seating will be first come, first serve.
- Golden Fig farmhouse restaurant opening late summer in ex OTC space
- Pierre's, Morada Beach Cafe off the market with new executive chef, Ishmael Toro
- Dinner at La Savina at Mondrian out; Brooklyn's Momo Sushi Shack 'pop-up' in
- Ted's at YoungArts closed
- LGBT Night at Dos Caminos
- OTC closes in Brickell after 3-year run
- Morimoto South Beach introduces weekend brunch
- Ex District chef, James Beard nominee Horacio Rivadero appointed executive chef at Tantalize
- More tacos on the way: Wapo Taco opening in Coral Gables
- DB Bistro Moderne Miami goes casual for the summer