Zen Sai: Japanese style Izakaya opening July 23 at South Beach's Essex House Hotel
Japanese-style small plates, robata and sake on South Beach helmed by former manager of California chain, Pick Up Stix
1001 Collins Ave.
Opening for dinner on July 23 in the Essex House Hotel (The Clevelander's calmer sibling) on South Beach is Zen Sai, an Izakaya-style Japanese restaurant whose GM hails from a California mini chain called Pick Up Stix. On the menu: Chrysanthemum Tempura, Black Cod with Yuzu Miso Sauce, Scallion Wrapped Ribeye, Pork Belly with Asparagus, Octopus Salad, Miso-Mustard Glazed Sea Bass, and Rock Shrimp Tempura with Serrano Aioli Worcestershire Sauce. There's also a robata grill, house-made yakimeshi, udon noodle bowls, BBQ eel rolls, robata grilled black cod, sea bass, ribeye and pork belly.
Operating hours will be 4 p.m. to midnight, seven days of the week. Reservations will not be available; seating will be first come, first serve.
- The Downstairs at Hotel Astor resurfaces on March 14
- Ex-China Grill, Lantao Kitchen chef Ferdinand Ortiz Jr. named Mister Collins' new Executive Chef
- Ex Preservation chef Ryan Harrison heads up Giorgio Rapicavoli's Taperia Raca; menu here>>
- Tommy Hilfiger is buying, redoing The Raleigh; no comment from Michael Schwartz on restaurant's fate
- Carla Pellegrino's Touché Rooftop Lounge & Restaurant opening April 3
- The Villa by Barton G relaunches restaurant as Il Sole
- Java junkies! Tell us about your incurable coffee addiction & win a Keurig Special Edition Brewing System
- Bâoli does Omakase
- Hot sauce, happy hour & pinatas with free stuff at Huahua's Taqueria
- Locals, legends in the galley at SOBEWFF's Ocean Liner Dinner at The Wolfsonian