Zen Sai: Japanese style Izakaya opening July 23 at South Beach's Essex House Hotel
Japanese-style small plates, robata and sake on South Beach helmed by former manager of California chain, Pick Up Stix
1001 Collins Ave.
Opening for dinner on July 23 in the Essex House Hotel (The Clevelander's calmer sibling) on South Beach is Zen Sai, an Izakaya-style Japanese restaurant whose GM hails from a California mini chain called Pick Up Stix. On the menu: Chrysanthemum Tempura, Black Cod with Yuzu Miso Sauce, Scallion Wrapped Ribeye, Pork Belly with Asparagus, Octopus Salad, Miso-Mustard Glazed Sea Bass, and Rock Shrimp Tempura with Serrano Aioli Worcestershire Sauce. There's also a robata grill, house-made yakimeshi, udon noodle bowls, BBQ eel rolls, robata grilled black cod, sea bass, ribeye and pork belly.
Operating hours will be 4 p.m. to midnight, seven days of the week. Reservations will not be available; seating will be first come, first serve.
- Coya Miami opening Thursday, February 19
- 3.5 star review can't keep 27 open; Broken Shaker, restaurant shut temporarily at Freehand
- Wynwood Diner opening in March
- Chef Jeremiah opening in Aventura Mall & joining Grant Achatz's restaurant rez system Tock
- BREAKING: Hedy Goldsmith leaving The Genuine Hospitality Group, relocating to LA
- STK's 'more accessible' sibling STK Rebel opening in downtown Miami
- Crumb on Parchment alum Nicole Votano tapped as Fooq's executive chef
- Chef Art Smith is giving away #101GayWeddings at James Royal Palm during #SOBEWFF
- Lucky Strike bowling lanes on Miami Beach closes; Trader Joe's moving in?
- Armadillo Cafe to open in Boca Raton