Chatting cocktails & beer with Zane Lamprey, the unofficial world booze ambassador
Bank of America Lifestyle Seminars – From the Garden to the Class, Cocktail Clinic with Zane Lamprey: Saturday, Feb 26 2-3pm, $85, W South Beach
Bank of America Lifestyle Seminars – Prohibition Cocktail Clinic with Zane Lamprey: Sunday, Feb 27 2-3pm: $85, W South Beach
Zane Lamprey, the “unofficial world booze ambassador,” is brining his cocktails and comedy to two seminars at this year’s Wine & Food Festival. The author of Three Sheets: Drinking Made Easy! 6 Continents, 15 Countries, 190 Drinks and 1 Mean Hangover and host of Drinking Made Easy is hosting Saturday’s From the Garden to the Glass Cocktail Clinic and Sunday’s Prohibition Cocktails Clinic, both at the W South Beach. We talked to the native New Yorker about drinking, mixology and cocktails.
So how does one become a world booze ambassador?
I think you get a TV show about drinking. I might not be the funniest person in the room, but I’m the loudest. I might not be the best mixologist in the world, but I’m the one in your face.
Are you a mixologist?
Well, I do it at home, I have a lot of friends who are mixologists, I’m not one per se, but I play one on TV.
You’ll be playing one at the Festival as well as you host your seminars
Yes, I want to inspire people to experiment with cocktails – when you hear the names of some cocktails or when you hear the list of ingredients, it can get a little overwhelming. I want to encourage people to have friends over, get these piles of ingredients on their bar and start experimenting
Other than your seminars, what are your plans for the Festival?
I plan on drinking a lot. I get there Thursday and am going to head to Burger Bash. I have my two seminars, but I’m going to let the cards fall where they may. I’m looking forward to it – I haven’t been before.
Zane Lamprey’s 10 Traditional Cocktails (made with fresh ingredients)
- Watermelon Mojito
- Grilled Pineapple Margarita
- Mango Caipariña
- Strawberry Basil Martini
- Avocado Daiquiri
- Cucumber Collins
- Black Berry Mint Julep
- Cherry Cuba Libre
- Garlic-Pepper (infused vodka) Bloody Mary
- Peach Basil Manhattan
- Live updates from the 2015 South Beach Wine and Food Festival
- 5 Things We are Excited About for the 2015 South Beach Wine and Food Festival
- The List: Travel Channel's Andrew Zimmern's top Miami restaurants
- Go rogue: Top unofficial events during 2015 South Beach Wine & Food Festival
- Celeb chef Mike Isabella and The Surfcomber’s Blair Wilson collaborate for The Mediterranean Feast dinner during Wine & Food Festival week
- Contest: Free tickets to top South Beach Wine & Food Festival events
- Event Notes: Breaking down the 2014 South Beach Wine and Food Festival
- Breaking down Eats & Beats in Miami's Design District
- The 10 best dishes from the 2014 South Beach Wine and Food Festival
- Uncorked 2014: Reports from the 2014 South Beach Wine & Food Festival