YoungArts Week showcases emerging teenage artists in a series of performances, readings and recitals.
The National Foundation for Advancement in the Arts (NFAA) presents its annual YoungArts Week, a showcase for the talented young artists selected this year by the NFAA to display their development in one of the nine disciplines that YoungArts supports.
YoungArts is a program created by the National Foundation for Advancement in the Arts to identify emerging artists and assist them at critical junctures in their educational and professional development and to raise the appreciation for, and support of, the arts in American society. The 145 teenage artists that were selected from all across the country this year will participate in a series of intense workshops which will culminate in shows, readings and performances that are free and open to the public.
Voice and Jazz Performance
Monday, January 10 at 8 p.m. at Gusman Center for the Performing Arts, 174 East Flagler Street, Miami; For tickets call Box Office at 305-374-2444, extension 222.
Tuesday, January 11 at 8 p.m. at Gusman Center for the Performing Arts; For tickets call Box Office at 305-374-2444, extension 222.
Dance and Cinematic Arts
Wednesday, January 12 at 8 p.m. at Gusman Center for the Performing Arts; For tickets call Box Office at 305-374-2444, extension 222.
Jazz and Performance
Thursday, January 13 at 9 p.m. at The Van Dyke Cafe, 846 Lincoln Road, Miami Beach; Call the Box Office for tickets at 305-534-3600.
Thursday, January 13 at 6 p.m. at The Margulies Collection at the WAREhOUSE, 591 NW 27th Street, Miami; FREE tickets, first come first served.
Visual Arts and Photography Exhibition
Thursday, January 13 at 7:30 p.m. at The Margulies Collection at the WAREhOUSE; FREE tickets, first come first served.
Chamber Music Concert
Friday, January 14 at 8 p.m. at The Colony Theater, 1040 Lincoln Road, Miami Beach; For FREE tickets call Box Office at 305-674-1040, extension 1.
See and Do
- Discover Miami's Little Haiti neighbhorhood
- He was told as a boy he'd have to go to a deaf school—but he grew up to help make the music to Hamilton
- Las Olas Art Fair takes over the streets of Fort Lauderdale this weekend
- Coral Gables Hispanic Cultural Festival takes over the streets of City Beautiful
- 5 reasons you should check out the Mammography Art Initiative in Wynwood this weekend
- 7 free and cheap events in Miami this weekend - Oct. 21-23
- Miami's cultural itinerary courtesy of Prism Creative Group - Oct. 16-31
- Find your happy place at the Modern Life Mindfulness Festival
- Grovetoberfest Celebrates Six Years of Craft Beer
- Can this Miami political roast Make America Laugh Again? Let's hope so