Miami's yogis can spend this weekend aligning their chakras.
Even if you don't have the bucks to do one of those fancy yoga retreats in some far off island in the Pacific, you can stretch and channel your chakras at these two yoga events in Miami.
Wanderlust is your ticket to get centered on your yoga mat and go wild on the dance floor. Tropical ocean views and poolside cocktails after Yoga, meditation, and wellness workshops, then some massage, sauna, spa treatments, and a little bit of time for you. Wanderlust at The Standard Spa will feature notable yoga teachers from the nation's top studios, including Elena Brower of Vira Yoga, Schuyler Grant of the Kula Yoga Project and Barbara Verrochi and Kristin Leigh of The Shala. Bonobo (DJ set), The Mayapuris, Shaman's Dream, Prasanna and Garth Stevenson are included in the lineup of electronic, world and Kirtan artists.
March 17th-20th - Weekend or Day Passes, The Standard Spa, 40 Island Avenue, Miami Beach; www.wanderlustfestival.com
Yoga Vacations hosts a series of yoga classes at Grove Isle Hotel in Coconut Grove. Yoga Vacations is a packaged recreational fitness, travel and cultural retreat founded by Michigan-based yoga instructor Gail Mondry which incorporates authentic yoga practices, recreational/cultural activities and onsite exploration for residents and tourists.
March 17-20. Grove Isle Hotel, Four Grove Isle Drive,Coconut Grove, 305-858-8300.
See and Do
- 5 free and cheap events in Miami this weekend - Sept. 30-Oct.2
- Debate watching parties in Miami
- 7 Places You Must Visit in Key Biscayne
- Louis C.K. announces four show run at Arsht Center in November
- Miami public spaces are getting a makeover with these upcoming projects
- 12 Things You Didn't Know about Jean-Michel Basquiat
- 5 free and cheap events in Miami this weekend - Sept. 23-25
- Live the nostalgia of ‘¿Qué Pasa, USA?’ this Saturday
- 4 Fitness Events in South Florida for Gym Rats
- Everglades gets funky with Wynwood benefit