Miami's yogis can spend this weekend aligning their chakras.
Even if you don't have the bucks to do one of those fancy yoga retreats in some far off island in the Pacific, you can stretch and channel your chakras at these two yoga events in Miami.
Wanderlust is your ticket to get centered on your yoga mat and go wild on the dance floor. Tropical ocean views and poolside cocktails after Yoga, meditation, and wellness workshops, then some massage, sauna, spa treatments, and a little bit of time for you. Wanderlust at The Standard Spa will feature notable yoga teachers from the nation's top studios, including Elena Brower of Vira Yoga, Schuyler Grant of the Kula Yoga Project and Barbara Verrochi and Kristin Leigh of The Shala. Bonobo (DJ set), The Mayapuris, Shaman's Dream, Prasanna and Garth Stevenson are included in the lineup of electronic, world and Kirtan artists.
March 17th-20th - Weekend or Day Passes, The Standard Spa, 40 Island Avenue, Miami Beach; www.wanderlustfestival.com
Yoga Vacations hosts a series of yoga classes at Grove Isle Hotel in Coconut Grove. Yoga Vacations is a packaged recreational fitness, travel and cultural retreat founded by Michigan-based yoga instructor Gail Mondry which incorporates authentic yoga practices, recreational/cultural activities and onsite exploration for residents and tourists.
March 17-20. Grove Isle Hotel, Four Grove Isle Drive,Coconut Grove, 305-858-8300.
See and Do
- Free and cheap events in Miami this weekend
- 6 Best Things To Do Inside in Miami When It's Hot as Balls Outside
- Miami Bike Paths Guide
- Planning Your Girlfriend Getaway in Miami
- Five ways to punish Miami drivers who keep plowing through the poles to get to the I-95 express lanes
- 15 cultural events in Miami you can't miss - June 16-30
- 13 hot events in Miami in July 2016
- Fourth of July Guide: Where to watch fireworks in South Florida on July 4
- Five reasons you should dress like an early 20th century Irishman on Bloomsday
- Top 4 events during Irie Weekend