Miami's yogis can spend this weekend aligning their chakras.
Even if you don't have the bucks to do one of those fancy yoga retreats in some far off island in the Pacific, you can stretch and channel your chakras at these two yoga events in Miami.
Wanderlust is your ticket to get centered on your yoga mat and go wild on the dance floor. Tropical ocean views and poolside cocktails after Yoga, meditation, and wellness workshops, then some massage, sauna, spa treatments, and a little bit of time for you. Wanderlust at The Standard Spa will feature notable yoga teachers from the nation's top studios, including Elena Brower of Vira Yoga, Schuyler Grant of the Kula Yoga Project and Barbara Verrochi and Kristin Leigh of The Shala. Bonobo (DJ set), The Mayapuris, Shaman's Dream, Prasanna and Garth Stevenson are included in the lineup of electronic, world and Kirtan artists.
March 17th-20th - Weekend or Day Passes, The Standard Spa, 40 Island Avenue, Miami Beach; www.wanderlustfestival.com
Yoga Vacations hosts a series of yoga classes at Grove Isle Hotel in Coconut Grove. Yoga Vacations is a packaged recreational fitness, travel and cultural retreat founded by Michigan-based yoga instructor Gail Mondry which incorporates authentic yoga practices, recreational/cultural activities and onsite exploration for residents and tourists.
March 17-20. Grove Isle Hotel, Four Grove Isle Drive,Coconut Grove, 305-858-8300.
See and Do
- Miami Events - July 2015
- July 4, Kids Eat Free: Munchkin Fun's top picks June 29 - July 5
- Seven options for a date night in Miami with no time to waste
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - June 27-29
- Florida Supercon celebrates 10 years of geeking out
- Fourth of July guide: Where to watch fireworks in South Florida on July 4
- Munchkin Fun's top picks for family fun June 22-28
- Carlos Mencia headlines at the Ultimate Miami Comedian at Magic City Casino
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - June 19-21
- Five things you didn't know about DJ Irie