Wynwood's III Points Festival to showcase innovative artwork in October
The festival will showcase a long list of innovative works throughout the Wynwood neighborhood from a number of local and national artists and organizations.
A lot of excitement has surrounded III Points, the upcoming music and arts-based festival based in Wynwood. The festival announced earlier the music portion, which included major acts like James Murphy (formerly of LCD Soundsystem), Jamie XX (from acclaimed British indie group the XX) and DJ Shadow. Now, they’ve gone into further detail about what we can expect from the art component.
III Points has asked TwinHaus, an “experimental engineering” group based out of Miami comprised of Tara Long and Yamil Rodriguez, to help curate the show. In addition to her work in Miami, Long has performed at MoMA PS1 and the Whitney Museum as well as helped spearhead the Parsons The New School of Design’s “Fine arts Senior Nudie Calendar.” Her collaborator Rodriguez helped created the Ahhh! Pilsen Music Festival in Chicago, as well as help produce experimental art houses for the National Museum of Mexican Art.
The majority of the art showcased at III Points will be designed specifically for the festival. Among the most notable of the installations will be a work by artist Jason Peterman in collaboration AV-8 Projects and Tecne Collective; the artwork will utilize 3D mapping technology to “animate stationary objects with 3D video” and will be located by the mainstage near Wynwood Cigar Factory. Local artists Patricia Margarita Hernandez, Samantha Kruze, Ana Mendez, and Richard Vergez will also collaborate on a large-scale performance work that will combine cars, movement and audio components.
In addition, guests can download an app during the festival that will give them a map of the art components of the festival and can access artist downloads and videos related to the festival.
Below we’ve included a full list of the artists and organizations being showcased at the festival. For more info about the festival, go to IIIPoints.com.
David Lynch Foundation
Jason Peterman with AV-8 Projects and Tecne Collective
Koolaid the Barber
Patricia Margarita Hernandez
So It Seems
Some of Us Films
See and Do
- Pérez Art Museum Miami: 10 features you won’t want to miss
- Accessible Art: Art Basel sets attendance record, color in time and space with Carlos Cruz-Diez, and the Bakehouse Art Complex builds first public metal-casting foundry
- Accessible Art: Arsht Center exhibit fuses fashion and art, a call for artists at Segafredo, and the Wolfsonian-FIU presents Rebirth of Rome
- LA artist Kenton Parker elevates the 'selfie' with solo exhibition at Primary Projects for Art Basel
- Big brands descend on Miami Art Week to expose emerging artists to the public
- Accessible Art: Fort Lauderdale art exhibit spotlights 10 female artists, CIFO teams up with Museum of Fine Arts Boston, and MOCA on WPBT Ch. 2
- More gifts pour in as Pérez Art Museum Miami prepares to open
- Bookleggers brings Literary Death Match to Bardot in Miami
- Abstract painter Larry Poons brings art to Miami nature center in January
- Lunch with Lydia: Daughter of Wynwood pioneer carries on father’s mission