Wynwood King Mango Strut
The King Mango Strut, Coconut Grove’s satirical, eccentric parade, brings its absurd and hilarious procession to the streets of the artsy Wynwood area for the first time ever.
Wynwood King Mango Strut Parade
Saturday, Dec. 10, 2011
Starts at 5 p.m. at 2250 NW Second Ave., Miami.
More information at www.thekingmangostrut.com
Nothing can help us get things back to normal after Art Basel’s whirlwind of out-of-towners better than a little Miami-made madness. The King Mango Strut, Coconut Grove’s satirical, eccentric parade, brings its absurd and hilarious procession to the streets of the artsy Wynwood area for the first time ever. Expect chaos and nonsense, like a Tiger Woods lookalike and his harem of disgruntled mistresses (below, from the 2009 parade in the Grove). Call it group performance art. But if you didn’t get your fill of paintings, mixed media and installations, plenty of galleries will have their doors open with the remnants of their Art Basel offerings still on display.
The fun starts at 5 p.m. on Dec. 10, 2011 at 2250 NW Second Ave., Miami. More information at www.thekingmangostrut.com.
See and Do
- DWNTWN Art Days 2015 this weekend
- Schmooze Over Miami teaches history through a theatrical pub crawl
- PAMM Third Thursdays: Poplife Social featuring Million Young
- Russian pianist plays Wynwood on Friday
- Siempre Flamenco hosts Cafe Cantante at the South Miami-Dade Cultural Arts Center
- The Rhythm Foundation's Dance Band Night kicks off with The French Horn
- What if Works presents Chekhov's 'The Cherry Orchard'
- A more modest ‘Anything Goes’ docks at the Broward Center
- Little Havana Visitor Center opens on Calle Ocho
- Bayfront Park upgrades summer lineup in downtown Miami