Wynwood King Mango Strut
The King Mango Strut, Coconut Grove’s satirical, eccentric parade, brings its absurd and hilarious procession to the streets of the artsy Wynwood area for the first time ever.
Wynwood King Mango Strut Parade
Saturday, Dec. 10, 2011
Starts at 5 p.m. at 2250 NW Second Ave., Miami.
More information at www.thekingmangostrut.com
Nothing can help us get things back to normal after Art Basel’s whirlwind of out-of-towners better than a little Miami-made madness. The King Mango Strut, Coconut Grove’s satirical, eccentric parade, brings its absurd and hilarious procession to the streets of the artsy Wynwood area for the first time ever. Expect chaos and nonsense, like a Tiger Woods lookalike and his harem of disgruntled mistresses (below, from the 2009 parade in the Grove). Call it group performance art. But if you didn’t get your fill of paintings, mixed media and installations, plenty of galleries will have their doors open with the remnants of their Art Basel offerings still on display.
The fun starts at 5 p.m. on Dec. 10, 2011 at 2250 NW Second Ave., Miami. More information at www.thekingmangostrut.com.
See and Do
- #HowToMiami - Street Art
- 'Frida: Unmasked' explores the life of famed artist Frida Kahlo
- New World Symphony releases Wallcast concert series schedule for 2014-2015
- Stage Door explores the songs of the 1960s with ‘What’s New Pussycat?’
- Raw intimacy in Carlota Pradera’s ‘Bare Bones’ at the Miami Theater Center
- Miami choreographer Rosie Herrera turns life in a Cuban cabaret to art for ‘Show.Girl.’ with Ballet Hispanico
- Pérez Art Museum Miami: 10 features you won’t want to miss
- Accessible Art: Art Basel sets attendance record, color in time and space with Carlos Cruz-Diez, and the Bakehouse Art Complex builds first public metal-casting foundry
- Accessible Art: Arsht Center exhibit fuses fashion and art, a call for artists at Segafredo, and the Wolfsonian-FIU presents Rebirth of Rome
- LA artist Kenton Parker elevates the 'selfie' with solo exhibition at Primary Projects for Art Basel