Wynwood Art Walk Parties and Events - October 2013
Highlights for this weekend's Wynwood Art Walk
Wynwood Art Walk
7-10 p.m. Saturday, October 12
Various venues in the Wynwood area, between 20 St. and 36 St. and from NW Second Ave to NE Second Ave.
Wynwood Brewing Company Soft Opening
Those looking for local beer should check out this newly created brewery in the heart of Wynwood, where you can sample their brews on the cheap. Pints of their brew start at $5 or you can try samples of multiple brews for a few bucks more; four brews will set you back $6, five brews for $7, and six brews for $8.
5 p.m. to midnight at Wynwood Brewing Company, 565 NW 24 Street. 21+. www.wynwoodbrewing.com.
Design District Performance Series
Fans of the performing arts will love this event, which will feature four consecutive 20 minute acts beginning at 7 pm. Works by the Project [theater], Belaxis Buil, Theo Reyna and Robert Lee will be intellectually stimulating and transcend several art mediums. After the performances, enjoy complimentary cocktails and music by DJ Ben Wash in the Rooftop Garden.
Taking place at various locations throughout the Design District beginning at 7 p.m. Free. For showtimes and locations, go to www.designdistrictmiami.net
Grid's World Closing Reception
Make sure you don't miss out on your last chance to see this Locust Projects exhibition which features artists from around the world whose works are all inspired by the geometric shape of the grid.
7 -9 p.m. at Locust Projects, 3852 N. Miami Ave. Free with Smash & Grab Attendance or if Locust Projects Member. www.locustprojects.org
Navid Izadi at Electric Pickle
Get down at the Pickle to this multi-talented musician hailing from San Francisco. The DJ, singer and rapper will take over the stage to showcase his incredibly infectious beats inspired by funk, disco, house and everything in between.
Doors open at 10 PM at Electric Pickle, 2826 N. Miami Avenue. $15-20. 21+. For tickets, go to http://www.residentadvisor.net/event.aspx?504775.
New Media Festival
Tech-savvy art lovers will go wild for the Art Walk reception of the New Media festival the MADA, which will showcase video art, film, and performance art that will be broadcast to the space on all forms of new media including WhatsApp, Google Hang Outs, Facebook, Skype and YouTube.
7-10 p.m. at Miami Art Dealers Association (MADA), 72 NW 25th Street, Miami. Free.
See and Do
- Summer Fun 2015: Your guide to kids programs and camps for the summer in Miami
- Summer Fun 2015: Your guide to parks in Miami this summer
- Russian pianist plays Wynwood on Friday
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - May 22-24
- Third Thursdays at Perez Art Museum Miami brings music and drinks
- Memorial Day Weekend Events - 2015
- Haitian Book Fair to celebrate Caribbean culture for 3rd year
- Annie, Open Play & Freebie Fun: Munchkin Fun's Top Picks for Memorial Day Week
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - May 15-17
- Haitian Compas Festival encores at Sun Life Stadium with System Band and many more