Wynwood Art Walk Parties and Events - Nov. 2013
Top parties, openings and events at this month's Wynwood Art Walk in Miami.
Wynwood Art Walk
7-10 p.m., Nov. 9
Various venues in the Wynwood area, between 20 St. and 36 St. and from NW Second Ave to NE Second Ave.
Showskii Records is going all out for this all-day festival during Art Walk which promises a fusion of music, art and fashion. Check out performances by some of Miami’s favorite bands including Deaf Poets, Denzel Curry, Imila, Pouya, We Are One and more. Expect every genre of music to be representing including rock, hip-hop, electronic and more from over 20 artists.
3 p.m. to midnight at LMNT, 59 NW 36th Street. $20. Purchase tickets at axinite.eventbrite.com.
The Secret Garden Art Walk Exhibit and After Party
Head over to the Social Lubricant Lounge for this intimate night of music and art featuring ten local artists showcasing works in a variety of mediums and five of Miami’s favorite DJs spinning tunes throughout the night. Headlining the evening is a performance by local artist, musician and comedian Math Powerland.
7 p.m.-3 a.m. – TSL Lounge, 167 NW 23rd Street, Miami. Free.
Tapas - Spanish Design for Food Exhibit Opening
Whether you’re a food lover or have an eye for design, we think you’ll enjoy this new exhibit opening at the Moore Building just in time for Art Walk. The traveling show has made its way to Miami featuring over 200 exhibits that showcases the design behind Spanish food through every step of the process, from the tools in the kitchen to the food on the plate.
7-10 p.m. at The Moore Building, 4040 N.E. 2nd Avenue. Free.
Local artist Alex Yanes, known for his colorful mixed media works using wood and speakers, will be showcasing his final solo exhibition in Miami and is going out with a bang. Pass by Handcrafted Tattoo & Art Gallery where you can check out 20 never-before-seen works while you sip on complimentary Deep Eddy vodka cocktails and Perrier Sparkling Water.
8-11 p.m. at Handcrafted Tattoo & Art Gallery, 3438 N. Miami Avenue. Free.
Duvel Beer Garden
Gramps, watering hole of choice for many of Miami's hipsters, will be hosting the Duvel Beer Garden from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. Enjoy some free grub provided by Sparky's Roadside BBQ while you mingle with the artsy scene. Beat the clock specials on Duvel Single: $1 from 6 to 7 p.m.; $2 from 7 to 8 p.m.; and $3 from 8 to 9 p.m. First fifty guests get a Duvel Art Collection glass.
6-9 p.m. at Gramps, 176 NW 24th Street. www.grampsbar.com or (786) 752-6693. RSVP at RSVP@workshopcollective.com.
RYCA’s Solo Exhibition “Refresh” Opening Reception
Those who head to Art Walk early should take a look at Robert Fontaine Gallery for this exhibit featuring works by London-based artist RYCA. Inspired by the likes of Andy Warhol and Bansky, the artist showcases works inspired by iconic sci-fi imagery in pop culture including Star Wars.
5-8 p.m. at Robert Fontaine Gallery, 2349 NW 2nd Avenue. www.robertfontainegallery.com. Free.
See and Do
- Photo exhibit at UM Art Gallery explores life on the Texas High Plains
- #HowToMiami - Street Art
- 'Frida: Unmasked' explores the life of famed artist Frida Kahlo
- New World Symphony releases Wallcast concert series schedule for 2014-2015
- Stage Door explores the songs of the 1960s with ‘What’s New Pussycat?’
- Raw intimacy in Carlota Pradera’s ‘Bare Bones’ at the Miami Theater Center
- Miami choreographer Rosie Herrera turns life in a Cuban cabaret to art for ‘Show.Girl.’ with Ballet Hispanico
- Pérez Art Museum Miami: 10 features you won’t want to miss
- Accessible Art: Art Basel sets attendance record, color in time and space with Carlos Cruz-Diez, and the Bakehouse Art Complex builds first public metal-casting foundry
- Accessible Art: Arsht Center exhibit fuses fashion and art, a call for artists at Segafredo, and the Wolfsonian-FIU presents Rebirth of Rome