Would you buy a cellphone from Jennifer Lopez?
Jennifer Lopez is heeding the call. The singer/entertainer is opening a chain of 15 cellphone stores and a website under the Viva Movil brand. Her goal? To sell Verizon phones and services to Latino customers. The first store will open in New York on June 15, and Miami shortly after. The stores will have bilingual staff and provide a "culturally relevant shopping experience," Viva Movil said. Lopez is the majority owner and "chief creative officer" of Viva Movil, an authorized Verizon reseller. JLo fans should be happy. "Latinos need a place to go and they need to be catered to because it is such a growing, growing demographic and market and people want to capture that, and they deserve to be catered to," Lopez said in an interview with the AP.
On Our Radar
- Young magician to appear at Arsht gala
- Phil Collins set to perform at charity gala
- Soledad O'Brien at 'I Am Latino in America' conference
- Shaq to host Barry University bash
- Cindy Crawford in town for new book
- Miami Marlins VIPs focus on wellness
- Alex Rodriguez buys pricey condo
- Eberjey joins bra drive, gives discounts during October.
- Miami Heat's Amar's Stoudemire feted at The Forge
- Marlins Giancarlo Stanton becomes a Tag Heuer watch brand ambassador