Would you buy a cellphone from Jennifer Lopez?
Jennifer Lopez is heeding the call. The singer/entertainer is opening a chain of 15 cellphone stores and a website under the Viva Movil brand. Her goal? To sell Verizon phones and services to Latino customers. The first store will open in New York on June 15, and Miami shortly after. The stores will have bilingual staff and provide a "culturally relevant shopping experience," Viva Movil said. Lopez is the majority owner and "chief creative officer" of Viva Movil, an authorized Verizon reseller. JLo fans should be happy. "Latinos need a place to go and they need to be catered to because it is such a growing, growing demographic and market and people want to capture that, and they deserve to be catered to," Lopez said in an interview with the AP.
On Our Radar
- Cadillac V-series Challenge puts pro golfers, VIPs on the fast track at Homestead-Miami Speedway
- Oprah's Fisher Island home sells again
- Shirley MacLaine to appear at Miami International Film Fest
- Beckhams won't move into Versace mansion
- Celeb spotting: Prime 112 sees a lot of action
- Emilio Estefan movie to have world premiere
- Kim Kardashian's ex husband sells home
- Boca Raton sixth-grader has dog shampoo in Oscars bag
- Chef Fabio Viviani shows off kitchen skills
- Top Chef judge Tom Colicchio at restaurant site