Would you buy a cellphone from Jennifer Lopez?
Jennifer Lopez is heeding the call. The singer/entertainer is opening a chain of 15 cellphone stores and a website under the Viva Movil brand. Her goal? To sell Verizon phones and services to Latino customers. The first store will open in New York on June 15, and Miami shortly after. The stores will have bilingual staff and provide a "culturally relevant shopping experience," Viva Movil said. Lopez is the majority owner and "chief creative officer" of Viva Movil, an authorized Verizon reseller. JLo fans should be happy. "Latinos need a place to go and they need to be catered to because it is such a growing, growing demographic and market and people want to capture that, and they deserve to be catered to," Lopez said in an interview with the AP.
On Our Radar
- Justin Bieber settles paparazzo lawsuit
- Sara Bareilles to headline gala
- Boca Raton's Ariana Grande splits from rapper
- Bryan "Birdman" Williams pays up
- Luis Miguel takes a bath in real estate deal
- Michael Buble's Instagram post criticized
- Estefans’ star search is over for ‘On Your Feet’
- Artist Romero Britto sues Apple
- Dave Chappelle parties, Bow Wow holds court
- Mario Lopez serves as grand marshal at Miami Beach Gay Pride parade