Would you buy a cellphone from Jennifer Lopez?
Jennifer Lopez is heeding the call. The singer/entertainer is opening a chain of 15 cellphone stores and a website under the Viva Movil brand. Her goal? To sell Verizon phones and services to Latino customers. The first store will open in New York on June 15, and Miami shortly after. The stores will have bilingual staff and provide a "culturally relevant shopping experience," Viva Movil said. Lopez is the majority owner and "chief creative officer" of Viva Movil, an authorized Verizon reseller. JLo fans should be happy. "Latinos need a place to go and they need to be catered to because it is such a growing, growing demographic and market and people want to capture that, and they deserve to be catered to," Lopez said in an interview with the AP.
On Our Radar
- Florida has better taste in Halloween candy than most other states, says survey
- Phil Collins: 'I don’t like Miami particularly'
- DJ Irie gets put in the hot seat this Saturday at his own celebrity roast
- King Tide floods the streets of South Florida
- Jose Fernandez may get his own Miami street
- Orange is the New Black star gets her drink on
- Where to get hurricane updates without a TV
- Leonardo DiCaprio, Mark Ruffalo at “Before the Flood” screening
- What's closed in Miami because of Hurricane Matthew
- La La Anthony in Miami trying out cocktails