Would you buy a cellphone from Jennifer Lopez?
Jennifer Lopez is heeding the call. The singer/entertainer is opening a chain of 15 cellphone stores and a website under the Viva Movil brand. Her goal? To sell Verizon phones and services to Latino customers. The first store will open in New York on June 15, and Miami shortly after. The stores will have bilingual staff and provide a "culturally relevant shopping experience," Viva Movil said. Lopez is the majority owner and "chief creative officer" of Viva Movil, an authorized Verizon reseller. JLo fans should be happy. "Latinos need a place to go and they need to be catered to because it is such a growing, growing demographic and market and people want to capture that, and they deserve to be catered to," Lopez said in an interview with the AP.
On Our Radar
- See Fort Lauderdale native Jason Kennedy tie the knot
- Fleetwood Mac drummer Mick Fleetwood showcases his photography
- Ne-Yo plays Santa Claus in Kendall
- Rosario Dawson in Miami to talk new movie
- Diner en Blanc lands on Miami Beach
- Annie stars in Miami
- Shakira's mansion reportedly back on the market
- Owen Wilson: I heart Miami
- Kim Bokamper to retire
- A Quick Q&A with Speedster Usain Bolt