World Salsa Championships
It all takes place this Friday and Saturday at the World Salsa Championships in Fort Lauderdale.
Sheraton Fort Lauderdale Airport
1825 Griffin Road
By Solange Reyner
Always enjoyed salsa, but not adventurous enough to try it out? Here's your chance, salsa fan, to just sit back and enjoy. It all takes place this Friday and Saturday at the World Salsa Championships in Fort Lauderdale.
Dancers are scored in four divisions: cabaret, team, On-1 (that's when you dance accentuating the first beat of the musical bar), and On-2 (that's the second beat).
If you want to get in on the fun, show up for the social dancing on Friday from 4 to 5 p.m. and Saturday from 11 p.m. to 2 a.m. There's also an after party at Spice Night Club on Friday starting at 10 p.m. That's located at 934 Hollywood Blvd., in Hollywood.
See and Do
- Accessible Art: Caribbean-centric exhibition by Haitian artist, Locust Projects wins first NEA grant, and is the Museum of Art Fort Lauderdale expanding?
- Munchkin Fun's 22 fun things to do with the kids Dec 16-21
- 'We Will Rock You' is a guilty pleasure for Queen fans
- Cheech and Chong perform this Sunday at the Hard Rock Live
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - Dec. 13-15
- 'Making God Laugh' mines sobering truths
- Found Footage Festival keeps videotape alive
- ‘We Will Rock You’ is built on Queen’s flamboyant rock music
- Accessible Art: Art Basel sets attendance record, color in time and space with Carlos Cruz-Diez, and the Bakehouse Art Complex builds first public metal-casting foundry
- Munchkin Fun's 22 fun things to do with the kids Dec 9-14