World Salsa Championships
It all takes place this Friday and Saturday at the World Salsa Championships in Fort Lauderdale.
Sheraton Fort Lauderdale Airport
1825 Griffin Road
By Solange Reyner
Always enjoyed salsa, but not adventurous enough to try it out? Here's your chance, salsa fan, to just sit back and enjoy. It all takes place this Friday and Saturday at the World Salsa Championships in Fort Lauderdale.
Dancers are scored in four divisions: cabaret, team, On-1 (that's when you dance accentuating the first beat of the musical bar), and On-2 (that's the second beat).
If you want to get in on the fun, show up for the social dancing on Friday from 4 to 5 p.m. and Saturday from 11 p.m. to 2 a.m. There's also an after party at Spice Night Club on Friday starting at 10 p.m. That's located at 934 Hollywood Blvd., in Hollywood.
See and Do
- Miami Events - October 2014
- House of Horror curdles with more frights
- Pumpkin patches, family movies & freebie crafts: Munchkin Fun's top picks for the week
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - Sept. 26-28
- Spanish singer Pitingo’s “Souleria” blends flamenco with R&B soul
- Little Havana’s Viernes Culturales still serves up Latin culture
- Gay past meets present in GableStage’s ‘Mothers and Sons’
- Seaon of the Arts: Top theater events of 2014-15
- Disney on ice, mini camps & specialty crafts - Munchkin Fun's picks for the week
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - Sept. 19-21