World Salsa Championships
It all takes place this Friday and Saturday at the World Salsa Championships in Fort Lauderdale.
Sheraton Fort Lauderdale Airport
1825 Griffin Road
By Solange Reyner
Always enjoyed salsa, but not adventurous enough to try it out? Here's your chance, salsa fan, to just sit back and enjoy. It all takes place this Friday and Saturday at the World Salsa Championships in Fort Lauderdale.
Dancers are scored in four divisions: cabaret, team, On-1 (that's when you dance accentuating the first beat of the musical bar), and On-2 (that's the second beat).
If you want to get in on the fun, show up for the social dancing on Friday from 4 to 5 p.m. and Saturday from 11 p.m. to 2 a.m. There's also an after party at Spice Night Club on Friday starting at 10 p.m. That's located at 934 Hollywood Blvd., in Hollywood.
See and Do
- Regent Cocktail Club in Miami Beach teams up with Bookleggers Mobile Library for cocktail night
- Frost Museum to hold its inaugural Science Art Cinema event
- Mad Cat’s ‘Lazy Fair’ at Miami Theater Center reunites partners in crime
- 15 things to do with the kids in Miami Aug 24-30: Munchkin Fun's Top Picks
- PAMM Third Thursdays: Poplife Social featuring Million Young
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - Aug. 21-23
- Munchkin Fun's top picks for family fun Aug 17-23
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - Aug. 14-16
- "Weird Al" Yankovic brings his masterful musical parody to South Florida
- 'Cirque du soleil: Varekai' heads to South Florida to weave a personal story with classic myth