World Salsa Championships
It all takes place this Friday and Saturday at the World Salsa Championships in Fort Lauderdale.
Sheraton Fort Lauderdale Airport
1825 Griffin Road
By Solange Reyner
Always enjoyed salsa, but not adventurous enough to try it out? Here's your chance, salsa fan, to just sit back and enjoy. It all takes place this Friday and Saturday at the World Salsa Championships in Fort Lauderdale.
Dancers are scored in four divisions: cabaret, team, On-1 (that's when you dance accentuating the first beat of the musical bar), and On-2 (that's the second beat).
If you want to get in on the fun, show up for the social dancing on Friday from 4 to 5 p.m. and Saturday from 11 p.m. to 2 a.m. There's also an after party at Spice Night Club on Friday starting at 10 p.m. That's located at 934 Hollywood Blvd., in Hollywood.
See and Do
- Youth Fair freebies, Parents’ Night Out, spring festivals & 10 other fun things to do this week
- Cartoonist Stephan Pastis at Books & Books on Sunday, March 16
- Miami-Dade County Youth Fair: Five things we are excited about
- 'Book of Mormon,' 'Newsies' headline Arsht Center's next season
- Puppet shows, storytimes, spring break & 10 other fun things to do this week
- Gipsy Kings celebrate 25 years of 'Bamboleo' at the Hard Rock on May 15
- King Arthur and his knights get goofy in ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- ‘War Horse’ brings its imaginative, moving drama to Miami’s Arsht Center
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - Mar. 7-9
- Calle Ocho: 5 Things we are excited about this year