World Salsa Championships
It all takes place this Friday and Saturday at the World Salsa Championships in Fort Lauderdale.
Sheraton Fort Lauderdale Airport
1825 Griffin Road
By Solange Reyner
Always enjoyed salsa, but not adventurous enough to try it out? Here's your chance, salsa fan, to just sit back and enjoy. It all takes place this Friday and Saturday at the World Salsa Championships in Fort Lauderdale.
Dancers are scored in four divisions: cabaret, team, On-1 (that's when you dance accentuating the first beat of the musical bar), and On-2 (that's the second beat).
If you want to get in on the fun, show up for the social dancing on Friday from 4 to 5 p.m. and Saturday from 11 p.m. to 2 a.m. There's also an after party at Spice Night Club on Friday starting at 10 p.m. That's located at 934 Hollywood Blvd., in Hollywood.
See and Do
- 7 Worst Traffic Nightmares of Miami
- 5 Worst Visitors People in Miami Receive in the Winter
- Ayikodans offers a prayer in the form of dance for its sixth season at the Arsht Center
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - Feb. 5-7
- Skateboards and jazz collide this weekend at YoungArts campus
- 14 Events You Can't Miss in Miami in March 2016
- Actors’ Playhouse Company turns out a dazzling version of the musical ‘West Side Story’
- Latest touring version of the Tony-winning musical 'Book of Mormon' is a delight
- ‘The Nether’ raises provocative questions about the dark side of the web
- Slow Burn Theatre Company’s ‘Violet’ is a musical about the scars we carry