The world on her shoulders
Miss World Alexandria Mills excited about recent win
Event starts at 6:30 p.m. at the Fontainebleau Hotel.
Newly crowned Miss World Alexandria Mills decided on Miami as her first stop in the U.S. for the Trump family's annual I Have a Dream Foundation gala at Acqualina Resort & Spa Tuesday night. The recent high school grad from Kentucky, 18, is the third American to take the title in 60 years. Mills is well aware of the honor and pretty blown away.
"To think of it, I get cold chills," she said. "There were 115 women from 115 countries, and they were all so lovely. I felt bad for the judges; I'm sure it was dif- ficult." What tipped the pendulum in her favor?
"I feel that I was chosen for a reason," said Mills, who wants a career in teaching or photography. "The judges saw something in me that I haven't necessarily seen in me yet."
On Our Radar
- Bryan 'Birdman' launches vodka at Mokai
- Rob Delaney teams up with local company for game
- Chad "Ochocinco" Johnson arrested in Broward
- Gorilla Perfumes making a stop at LUSH on Lincoln Road
- Food Network chefs sign on to Alex’s Lemonade Stand
- Rewind Recap: Accordion Invasion hits South Beach
- Glades star Jordan Wall to appear at fundraiser
- Score tickets for concert at Microsoft store opening
- Will and Jaden Smith get photobombed at Heat game
- Luis Fonsi is engaged to model Agueda López