The world on her shoulders
Miss World Alexandria Mills excited about recent win
Newly crowned Miss World Alexandria Mills decided on Miami as her first stop in the U.S. for the Trump family's annual I Have a Dream Foundation gala at Acqualina Resort & Spa Tuesday night. The recent high school grad from Kentucky, 18, is the third American to take the title in 60 years. Mills is well aware of the honor and pretty blown away.
"To think of it, I get cold chills," she said. "There were 115 women from 115 countries, and they were all so lovely. I felt bad for the judges; I'm sure it was dif- ficult." What tipped the pendulum in her favor?
"I feel that I was chosen for a reason," said Mills, who wants a career in teaching or photography. "The judges saw something in me that I haven't necessarily seen in me yet."
Event starts at 6:30 p.m. at the Fontainebleau Hotel.
On Our Radar
- Cheech Marin is promoting a new ‘substance’ in Miami
- Heidi Klum: She’s an artist, too
- Fidel Castro is dead. Miami's Cuban exiles celebrate.
- Andy Cohen talks about celebrity gossip in latest book
- Report: An 'exhausted' Kanye West cancels tour, is hospitalized
- Singer Kesha in Miami for charity
- Fifth Harmony singer Lauren Jauregui comes out in letter
- Marc Anthony splits with wife
- Internet claps back at guy who yelled 'Trump!' in viral Starbucks video
- Lucie Arnaz to pay homage to her father Desi Arnaz