The world on her shoulders
Miss World Alexandria Mills excited about recent win
Newly crowned Miss World Alexandria Mills decided on Miami as her first stop in the U.S. for the Trump family's annual I Have a Dream Foundation gala at Acqualina Resort & Spa Tuesday night. The recent high school grad from Kentucky, 18, is the third American to take the title in 60 years. Mills is well aware of the honor and pretty blown away.
"To think of it, I get cold chills," she said. "There were 115 women from 115 countries, and they were all so lovely. I felt bad for the judges; I'm sure it was dif- ficult." What tipped the pendulum in her favor?
"I feel that I was chosen for a reason," said Mills, who wants a career in teaching or photography. "The judges saw something in me that I haven't necessarily seen in me yet."
Event starts at 6:30 p.m. at the Fontainebleau Hotel.
On Our Radar
- Barbara Streisand coming to Miami area before the holidays
- Moet bottle made just for Miami champagne lovers
- Khloe Kardashian shows off her new boyfriend in Miami
- Kim Kardashian's midnight tanning session in Miami
- 'Selma' star David Oyelowo in Miami
- Donald Trump and Kanye West to Cause Traffic Kerfuffle in Miami
- Vogue with Madonna at Art Basel
- Kourtney Kardashian in Miami with Scott Disick
- Kanye West's five weirdest (and greatest) stories of 2016 (so far)
- Magic Mike style show coming to Miami