The world on her shoulders
Miss World Alexandria Mills excited about recent win
Event starts at 6:30 p.m. at the Fontainebleau Hotel.
Newly crowned Miss World Alexandria Mills decided on Miami as her first stop in the U.S. for the Trump family's annual I Have a Dream Foundation gala at Acqualina Resort & Spa Tuesday night. The recent high school grad from Kentucky, 18, is the third American to take the title in 60 years. Mills is well aware of the honor and pretty blown away.
"To think of it, I get cold chills," she said. "There were 115 women from 115 countries, and they were all so lovely. I felt bad for the judges; I'm sure it was dif- ficult." What tipped the pendulum in her favor?
"I feel that I was chosen for a reason," said Mills, who wants a career in teaching or photography. "The judges saw something in me that I haven't necessarily seen in me yet."
On Our Radar
- Better buy some eating pants - Sobe Seafood Festival is around the corner
- How is Jack Black going to dress up for Halloween?
- Designer Donald J. Pliner returns to Miami with new venture
- Cindy Crawford in Miami for book launch
- Omi in Miami, talks new album
- Billy Joel to play New Year's Eve concert in Sunrise
- Sean Combs stands up to cancer
- Pitbull back on New Year's Eve duty
- Maks Chmerkovskiy to host “SWAY: A Dance Trilogy”
- Thalia to appear at Macy's