World Festival of Underwater Images
Get a fish's eye view of the underwater world at the World Festival of Underwater Images this weekend at the Miami Science Museum.
Dec. 1-2 from 10 a.m.-6 p.m.
Miami Science Museum, 3280 South Miami Ave., Miami
Adults $14.95; Seniors (62+), students with ID, children 3-12 $10.95; children under 2 free.
Once again the Miami Science Museum is collaborating with Festival Mondiale de l’Image Sous-Marines (World Festival of Underwater Images) from France to present the second annual Miami Underwater Festival. The two-day festival will highlight a selection of prize-winning films from the 39th Festival Mondiale de l’Image Sous-Marines, showcasing renowned artistic, photographic and cinematographic productions related to the underwater world.
Activities throughout the festival will include a special airing of a film by Ted Caplow (Fish Navy Films) on Saturday, Dec. 1 in the afternoon, special airings of WPBT’s Changing Seas episodes, special guest speakers, live fish, marine-themed kid-friendly activities, and much more.
On Saturday, Dec. 1 from 10 a.m.-noon, the Museum will offer a French breakfast along with French films as part of French Week and in collaboration with the French Consulate. The breakfast and screenings are included with admission.
Also on Saturday, Dec. 1 from 6:30-8:30 p.m., the Museum will present a Centers for Ocean Science Education Excellence (COSEE) Florida/National Science Foundation (NSF) sponsored event, showcasing films from the Beneath the Waves Film Festival, founded by local graduate students from the University of Miami’s Rosenstiel School of Marine and Atmospheric Science. Reservations are required for this event.
See and Do
- 15 things to do with the kids Oct 5-11: Munchkin Fun's Top Picks
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - Oct. 2-4
- Miami Events - October 2015
- Wizard World Comic Con takes over the Broward Convention Center
- 15 things to do with the kids Sept 28 - Oct 4: Munchkin Fun's Top Picks
- Ultimate guide to luxury seats at Miami’s Sun Life Stadium
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - Sept. 25-27
- House of Horrors kicks off this weekend with a concert by Silentó
- Bay Skate rolls back into Bayfront Park with a free skating party
- Broward County celebrates its 100 year anniversary with Neil Goldberg's extravaganza 'WE'