World Festival of Underwater Images
Get a fish's eye view of the underwater world at the World Festival of Underwater Images this weekend at the Miami Science Museum.
Dec. 1-2 from 10 a.m.-6 p.m.
Miami Science Museum, 3280 South Miami Ave., Miami
Adults $14.95; Seniors (62+), students with ID, children 3-12 $10.95; children under 2 free.
Once again the Miami Science Museum is collaborating with Festival Mondiale de l’Image Sous-Marines (World Festival of Underwater Images) from France to present the second annual Miami Underwater Festival. The two-day festival will highlight a selection of prize-winning films from the 39th Festival Mondiale de l’Image Sous-Marines, showcasing renowned artistic, photographic and cinematographic productions related to the underwater world.
Activities throughout the festival will include a special airing of a film by Ted Caplow (Fish Navy Films) on Saturday, Dec. 1 in the afternoon, special airings of WPBT’s Changing Seas episodes, special guest speakers, live fish, marine-themed kid-friendly activities, and much more.
On Saturday, Dec. 1 from 10 a.m.-noon, the Museum will offer a French breakfast along with French films as part of French Week and in collaboration with the French Consulate. The breakfast and screenings are included with admission.
Also on Saturday, Dec. 1 from 6:30-8:30 p.m., the Museum will present a Centers for Ocean Science Education Excellence (COSEE) Florida/National Science Foundation (NSF) sponsored event, showcasing films from the Beneath the Waves Film Festival, founded by local graduate students from the University of Miami’s Rosenstiel School of Marine and Atmospheric Science. Reservations are required for this event.
See and Do
- Stories, school fun & Munchkin Fun's 10 top picks for this week
- Hess Select South Beach Seafood Festival arrives Oct. 22-25 on Miami Beach
- Hialeah Park Casino celebrates one year with busy weekend
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - Aug. 15-17
- Monster truck driver Debrah Miceli proves that Monster Jam is not just a boy’s club
- Wayans brothers bring their comedy act to Seminole Hard Rock on Friday, Aug 15.
- Miami Children’s Museum debuts ‘My Green Home’ exhibit
- ‘Shorts Gone Wild 2’ finds laughs and deeper moments in brief LGBT-themed plays
- Olaf parties, freebie fun & Munchkin Fun's top 10 picks for the week
- Ahmed Ahmed heads to South Florida with the 'Sullivan & Son' Comedy Tour