World Festival of Underwater Images
Get a fish's eye view of the underwater world at the World Festival of Underwater Images this weekend at the Miami Science Museum.
Dec. 1-2 from 10 a.m.-6 p.m.
Miami Science Museum, 3280 South Miami Ave., Miami
Adults $14.95; Seniors (62+), students with ID, children 3-12 $10.95; children under 2 free.
Once again the Miami Science Museum is collaborating with Festival Mondiale de l’Image Sous-Marines (World Festival of Underwater Images) from France to present the second annual Miami Underwater Festival. The two-day festival will highlight a selection of prize-winning films from the 39th Festival Mondiale de l’Image Sous-Marines, showcasing renowned artistic, photographic and cinematographic productions related to the underwater world.
Activities throughout the festival will include a special airing of a film by Ted Caplow (Fish Navy Films) on Saturday, Dec. 1 in the afternoon, special airings of WPBT’s Changing Seas episodes, special guest speakers, live fish, marine-themed kid-friendly activities, and much more.
On Saturday, Dec. 1 from 10 a.m.-noon, the Museum will offer a French breakfast along with French films as part of French Week and in collaboration with the French Consulate. The breakfast and screenings are included with admission.
Also on Saturday, Dec. 1 from 6:30-8:30 p.m., the Museum will present a Centers for Ocean Science Education Excellence (COSEE) Florida/National Science Foundation (NSF) sponsored event, showcasing films from the Beneath the Waves Film Festival, founded by local graduate students from the University of Miami’s Rosenstiel School of Marine and Atmospheric Science. Reservations are required for this event.
See and Do
- Dennis Miller performs Sunday with Dana Carvey at Seminole Hard Rock
- Free movies, camp, crafts & Munchkin Fun's top picks for your post-holiday week
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - July 4-6
- Fireworks, festivals, parades & Munchkin Fun's top picks for the week
- Florida Supercon: Top Five Things to Do
- Miami Events - July 2014
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - June 27-29
- Jungle Island hosts 99.9 Kiss Country Music Festival on the Fourth of July
- Nikki Beach hosts bacon bash on July 5
- Out in the Tropics fest presents poetry, dance and postmodern flamenco