World Cup Happy Hour: Watch the United States battle Portugal at The Mighty in Coral Gables this Sunday
Enjoy housemade sausages, brews and billiards during Sunday's must-win World Cup match
The Mighty, 2224 SW 22nd St., Coral Gables; 305-570-4311 or themightymiami.com.
The mighty U.S. national soccer team, on the heels of a shocking win against mortal enemy Ghana, is set for its next major match 6 p.m. Sunday, June 22 at Arena Amazonia, the $300 million stadium in the Brazilian rainforest.
You can watch the match against Portugal from Miami's own jungle at The Mighty in Coral Gables, an aptly named gastropub on Coral Way where Happy Hour runs from 5 - 7 p.m. That means your beers on tap (selections updated daily), well drinks, and glasses of wine are $2 off and food items on the menu with an asterisk are $2 off as well.
Housemade sausage options with the lucky * include the pork sausage with sage, garlic, and fennel served over grilled onions and peppers with whole grain mustard, the spicy beef sausage with a blend of seven southwestern chills, cilantro, and garlic served over grilled onions and peppers with chimichurri, and the nearly-vegetarian sausage stuffed in a natural casing with walnuts, risotto, grilled portobello mushrooms and herbs served over sautéed peppers and caramelized onions with chimichurri, among others.
Let's face it, your team needs you.
- Things to do in Miami this weekend - Sept. 26 - 29
- Skrillex brings his Fall Tour to Mansion this Friday
- Go Drink This: The J-Bird Cocktail
- Velvet Underground: Sneaker Pimps rejoice at Grand Central with Cam'ron and HaVen South Beach hosts Bar Wars
- Things to do in Miami this weekend - September 19 - 21
- Go Drink This: Grand Dad's Breakfast
- Velvet Underground: Slap & Tickle pops up underground at FDR and Ball & Chain throws first La Pachanga party
- Railroad Blues boasts weekend lineup of local musicians
- Club Rio offers DJs, bottle service with gaming
- Things to do in Miami this weekend - September 12 - 14