World Cup of Beer: Best beers from top contenders
7 potential World Cup 2014 winners, 7 already-winning beers.
FIFA ranks the teams playing in the World Cup. We rank the quality of craft beers those countries have to offer. Here, seven picks for native beers to celebrate victory or ease the sting of defeat. (Click here to view the chart.)
Soccer Ranking 1st
Beer Ranking 7th
Beer to try: Estrella Damm Inedit, a wheat beer with coriander brewed in collaboration with uber chef Ferran Adria.
Soccer Ranking 2nd
Beer Ranking 3rd
Beer: Aecht Schlenkerla Rauchbier, a beer with smoked malts for a campfire accent that goes great with bacon.
Soccer Ranking 3rd
Beer Ranking 6th
Beer: Xingu Black Beer, a popular export that pours an intimidating dark hue but leaves no heaviness or bitterness on the palate.
Soccer Ranking 9th
Beer Ranking 5th
Beer: Baladin Nora, a gorgeous, complex brew with ginger and myrrh from Italy’s leading craft producer, Birrificio Le Baladin.
Soccer Ranking 10th
Beer Ranking 4th
Beer: J.W. Lees Vintage Harvest Ale, a high-test barleywine that is released annually -- to remember the year your team won.
Soccer Ranking 11th
Beer Ranking 2nd
Beer: Rosé de Gambrinus, a tart, raspberry-laced, aged beer from famed Belgian producer Cantillon.
Soccer Ranking 13th
Beer Ranking 1st
Beer to try: Bombshell Blonde Ale, an easy-drinker from Texas, the home state of Clint Dempsey, captain of the U.S. Men’s National Soccer Team.
- Brew in Miami: Belgian beer stars at Bistro BE
- Brew in Miami: J Wakefield Brewing gets ready to open in Wynwood
- Brew in Miami: Grovetoberfest founder shares news about this year's fest
- Brew in Miami: Pair these craft beers with July 4th foods
- Brew in Miami: Miami Brewing Co. puts tropical twist on craft beer
- Brew in Miami: Riverside Market is a craft beer mecca in Fort Lauderdale
- Brew in Miami with MC Kitchen, Dogfish Head
- Brew in Miami premieres with guests from Wynwood Brewing, OTC Restaurant
- Craft beer of the week: Uinta Brewing's 21st Birthday Suit
- Craft beer of the week: Russ Brunner's American Stout