World of Beer Midtown opening May 6
500 bottles of beer on the wall plus delivery from local restaurants
The Willie Wonka's Chocolate Factory of brews, World of Beer, is opening a Midtown Miami location on May 6 and will feature 500 bottles of beer and 50 rotating taps. They're also partnering with local restaurants including Lime, Mercadito, The Daily Melt, Muscle Maker Grill, Machiya and Bar Louie, all of which will deliver food straight to your table so you don't have to miss a single chug. Opening day will feature a raffle at $1 per ticket from which all proceeds will go to C.O.P.S., a charity providing programs and services to families of fallen law enforcement officers. The Rosco Martinez Band will perform starting at 8 p.m.
Monthly events at WOB Midtown include brewery nights, tap takeovers, American Craft Beer Week, Dogfish Head Shark Attack, WOBtoberfest and more. Happy hour takes place from 3 p.m. to 7 p.m. Monday through Friday and weekly promotions include Service Industry Night on Monday with half off drafts from open to close, WOB University Night Wednesdays with half off all drafts for faculty and students from open to close, and Thursday's Ladies' and Military Night with half off select drafs and wines from open to close.
- Ex District chef, James Beard nominee Horacio Rivadero appointed executive chef at Tantalize
- More tacos on the way: Wapo Taco opening in Coral Gables
- DB Bistro Moderne Miami goes casual for the summer
- Sugar Factory American Brasserie to celebrate its Miami opening in June with Kylie Jenner
- Amy Kalinowski is the new pastry chef at Michael's Genuine Food & Drink
- PBS Chef Irie's May 7 Hidden Kitchen collaboration
- The Local Craft Food & Drink launches new menu at open-to-public party tonight
- Morimoto South Beach launches $65 'Greatest Hits' menu
- Vikram Katoch appointed new executive chef at Bianca
- Restaurant-season slowdown hits Miami