Cocktail gurus from The Broken Shaker host South Beach bike crawl
Experience Elad Zvi and Gabriel Orta's favorite local hangouts on the Freehand's new bicycles by Republic Bike
Two of Miami's favorite cocktail gurus are more than just night owls. Elad Zvi and Gabriel Orta, co-owners of The Broken Shaker at the Freehand Miami, are also active around town before the sun goes down -- surfing, biking, gardening, foraging, brunching, etc.
At 5 p.m. Thursday, May 8, they're hosting a bike crawl to celebrate the launch of the high-end hostel's new fleet of custom bicycles made by South Florida-based Republic Bike. The joy ride is set to make stops at each of the duo's favorite South Beach hangouts, including F1RST Surf Shop, The Room, The Regent Cocktail Club at The Gale, and Pubbelly Sushi. The tour concludes with an after-party at The Broken Shaker where Chick Habit, a retro sexy-chic rock band featuring two local singer-songwriters and guitar players Nicolle Chirino and Edan Archer, will perform and guests will be treated to signature cocktails.
The stylish Freehand-branded Republic bicycles were handcrafted, just like the cocktails at the Shaker are every day, to align with the property's Art Deco aesthetic and bohemian values. They're now available for guests and employees to enjoy from 7 a.m. - 10 p.m. for $15 per day.
- Go Drink This: SushiSamba's Pisco Sour
- Exclusive: The historic Ball and Chain bar and live music venue returns to Little Havana in September
- Svedka Vodka challenges bartenders nationwide to compete in the first annual Svedka Shakedown in Miami Beach
- Typoe, DJ Irie tapped for 'Live Beyond Labels' campaign by Beck's Beer
- Wine: Gris or Grigio? Know your Pinot
- For the World Cup, fill your cup with South American wines
- Drink pink: 6 rosé wines to try this summer
- Champagne lovers and cocktail connoisseurs flock to Fort Lauderdale for Friday Happy Hour at Bar Stache
- Summer Sips: Miami overflows with new cocktail menus and bars
- Summer Fun: Your guide to happy hours, beers and cocktails in Miami this summer