Womens-Only Garage Party
Learn how to get behind the handlebars of a Harley Davidson this Sunday, March 21, at the Womens-only "Garage Party."
Harley-Davidson of Miami
19400 NW Second Avenue
By Solange Reyner
Forget ladies night. Women - start your engines. This Sunday, March 21, Harley Davidson is encouraging you to head to the garage - their garage. As part of the First-Ever National Garage Party Month, the motorcycle company is hosting a womens-only "Garage Party" from 1 to 3 p.m.
"We want you to learn about the world of Harley Davidson and the fun that comes with it," said Ira Derfler, the operations manager at the Harley Davidson in Miami. "The female segment is the most fastest growing segment in motorcycling right now and we want to get as many women as involved in this sport as we can."
That means learning about basic motorcycle controls, how to customize a motorcycle's style and ergonomics, and of course - how to gear up for a ride. You'll get rotated between four intimate sessions if you sign up (the event is still not at capacity) and learn what it takes to get behind the handlebars.
"We really want them to learn about the lifestyle. We already have 300 active HOG members and we're looking to add to it," said Derfler. "Every Friday night, they take a dinner ride and 30 or 40 or 50 of them meet here and go. They have Christmas and Holiday parties, or drive down to the Keys."
See and Do
- Filmgate Interactive festival spotlights experimental film and performance
- Miami Events - February 2015
- Things to do in Miami this weekend - Jan. 30-Feb. 1
- Marshmallows, free yoga, American Girl crafts & freebie fun: Munchkin Fun's top picks
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - Jan. 23-25
- South Florida theater season is heating up
- Fairchild's International Chocolate Festival returns
- ‘Late Night’ host Seth Meyers goes back to stand up roots in Miami
- Chocolate festivals, family gardening, American Girl & Home Depot: Top picks Jan 20-25
- Things to do in Miami this weekend - Jan. 23-25