Womens-Only Garage Party
Learn how to get behind the handlebars of a Harley Davidson this Sunday, March 21, at the Womens-only "Garage Party."
By Solange Reyner
Forget ladies night. Women - start your engines. This Sunday, March 21, Harley Davidson is encouraging you to head to the garage - their garage. As part of the First-Ever National Garage Party Month, the motorcycle company is hosting a womens-only "Garage Party" from 1 to 3 p.m.
"We want you to learn about the world of Harley Davidson and the fun that comes with it," said Ira Derfler, the operations manager at the Harley Davidson in Miami. "The female segment is the most fastest growing segment in motorcycling right now and we want to get as many women as involved in this sport as we can."
That means learning about basic motorcycle controls, how to customize a motorcycle's style and ergonomics, and of course - how to gear up for a ride. You'll get rotated between four intimate sessions if you sign up (the event is still not at capacity) and learn what it takes to get behind the handlebars.
"We really want them to learn about the lifestyle. We already have 300 active HOG members and we're looking to add to it," said Derfler. "Every Friday night, they take a dinner ride and 30 or 40 or 50 of them meet here and go. They have Christmas and Holiday parties, or drive down to the Keys."
Harley-Davidson of Miami
19400 NW Second Avenue
See and Do
- Free and cheap events in Miami this weekend - Dec. 2-4
- Super 8 Motels is ditching its old art and it can be yours
- 7 Reactions Cuban Americans Had to Fidel Castro’s Death
- Events in Miami in December 2016
- Courtney Love can now scratch musical theater off her bucket list
- Five Things to do After Stuffing Yourself on Thanksgiving
- All the feels locals have during Art Basel
- Weekend events in Miami that won't leave you broke - Nov. 18-20
- Six Things you didn’t know about Miami Children’s Museum
- Robot bartenders and a 10-story slide. That’s life on the world's biggest cruise ship