Women of Tomorrow fundraiser at Mandarin Oriental
Savannah Brinson attends
The yearly Women of Tomorrow fundraising gala had a distinct Miami Heat flavor over the weekend. For one thing, Heat President Pat Riley and wife Chris took place at the head table to help the nonprofit — founded by former NBC 6 boss Don Browne and ex-anchorwoman Jennifer Valoppi — raise more than $700,000 to send young women to college.
And then, the black-tie gala was a coming-out party of sorts for Savannah Brinson, Heat superstar LeBron James’ fiancée. Brinson said it was her first society gala since the couple arrived from Cleveland nearly three years ago. And she seemed impressed with the pageantry, the gowns and the decorations.
Plus, Brinson running into James’ boss (Riley) and showing him she’s getting involved with Miami’s social fabric was an added bonus. “This is amazing,” the 26-year-old mother of two said as she surveyed the lavishly decorated room. “I’ve never seen anything quite like this. I really like the cause, which is to send young girls who can’t afford it to college. Nothing could be more important.” Brinson told Gossip Extra she’s trying to start her own charity program to distribute prom dresses to high school girls who can’t afford them.
TMZ reports the couple sent out a save the date card for their San Diego wedding - Sept 13-15.
On Our Radar
- Amid breakup rumors, Scott Disick parties in Miami area
- Local chef to appear on 'Chopped'
- Shark Tank star Daymond John to make appearance
- Beauty tips from fashion royalty
- Actor Carlos Ponce selling home
- Kesley Grammer and wife spotted in Miami Beach
- Enrique Iglesias faces misdemeanor charges
- Jason Derulo talks new album, influences
- It's decision time for Dwyane Wade
- Launch party for Moscai hosted at The W