Wine Up, Wine Up, Oh Yeah!
Twenty bucks can get you yummy, gourmet tapas and exclusive wine pampering at Wine Wednesdays at Fontainebleau.
Don’t you hate it when you drop $20 on an after-work shindig at a fancy, schmancy hotel, but you still end up raiding your refrigerator when you get home? I was pleasantly surprised when I arrived at Wine Wednesdays at Scarpetta where not only did I taste yummy Italian whites and reds (loved the beefy Fonterutoli Zisola Nero D’Avola) poured by an actual Italian man who was refreshingly offended when I said that the Greco Di Tufo tasted sweet, but there were lovely tapas like the porridge-satisfying, buttery polenta and the couch-potato-friendly short ribs. That’s what I’m talkin’ about—satiating food and wine for the poor, rich after worker. Sorry folks. Didn’t see Kat DeLuna, but the next Wine Wednesday is this week, so you should still check it out.
P.S. The crowd is pleasantly mixed - artists and financiers - and valet parking is $10 with validation.
When: Wednesday, February 24th (7 p.m. - 9 p.m.).
Where: Gotham Steak, Fontainebleau Miami Beach, 4441 Collins Ave.
Wines: Selected Melka Wines - NAPA VALLEY METISSE, KNIGHTS VALLEY METISSE, MELKA CJ
Cost: $25 per person / $40 per couple (plus tax + tip)
To RSVP: Call 305-674-4780 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Delano and SLS, now sister properties as sbe acquires Morgans Hotel Group
- SLS Brickell opens with two James Beard Award winning chefs & Philippe Starck's surreal design
- Spain's Meliá debuts first U.S. hotel with ME Miami downtown
- Black Friday & Cyber Monday Hotel Travel Deals in Miami, South Florida, the Caribbean & Mexico
- SLS Brickell to open with Boy George at splashy party
- 10 Best Hotels for Art Lovers & Scenesters during Art Basel Miami Beach
- Get Lei'd at Campton Yard with 'Supermensch' Shep Gordon
- Cheers to four years of LDV Hospitality at Gale South Beach
- How to drop $500K on New Year’s Eve in Miami without even trying
- World Traveler (& Foodie) Guide to Miami Book Fair