Wine & Food Fest Preview: Paula Deen
Talking food, festivals & brunch tips with Paula Deen...
Paula’s Kiss My Grits Sunday Brunch
Loews Miami Beach
$125 at sobefest.com
What’s the one don’t miss event of the Festival?
It’s hard to pick just one because everyone has different interests. Burger Bash and BubbleQ are two really great events…Of course my parties are always fun, but every celebrity chef throws amazing parties at these events.
What’s your favorite dining trend of 2009-2010?
Family style eating - because it never goes out of style!
What distinguishes the SoBe Wine & Food Fest from other national food festivals?
South Beach is more down home fun, and designed to be casual and entertaining.
What are your three best brunch tips?
- Set the table the night before
- Prepare a casserole for main course
- Enjoy your guests first and foremost
What’s unique about the Miami dining scene?
Miami is so culturally diverse that it has the most exciting cuisine. You can get everything from the best fresh seafood to the most wonderful Latin flavors.
- Live updates from the 2015 South Beach Wine and Food Festival
- 5 Things We are Excited About for the 2015 South Beach Wine and Food Festival
- The List: Travel Channel's Andrew Zimmern's top Miami restaurants
- Go rogue: Top unofficial events during 2015 South Beach Wine & Food Festival
- Celeb chef Mike Isabella and The Surfcomber’s Blair Wilson collaborate for The Mediterranean Feast dinner during Wine & Food Festival week
- Contest: Free tickets to top South Beach Wine & Food Festival events
- Event Notes: Breaking down the 2014 South Beach Wine and Food Festival
- Breaking down Eats & Beats in Miami's Design District
- The 10 best dishes from the 2014 South Beach Wine and Food Festival
- Uncorked 2014: Reports from the 2014 South Beach Wine & Food Festival