Wine & Food Fest Preview: Paula Deen
Talking food, festivals & brunch tips with Paula Deen...
Paula’s Kiss My Grits Sunday Brunch
Loews Miami Beach
$125 at sobefest.com
What’s the one don’t miss event of the Festival?
It’s hard to pick just one because everyone has different interests. Burger Bash and BubbleQ are two really great events…Of course my parties are always fun, but every celebrity chef throws amazing parties at these events.
What’s your favorite dining trend of 2009-2010?
Family style eating - because it never goes out of style!
What distinguishes the SoBe Wine & Food Fest from other national food festivals?
South Beach is more down home fun, and designed to be casual and entertaining.
What are your three best brunch tips?
- Set the table the night before
- Prepare a casserole for main course
- Enjoy your guests first and foremost
What’s unique about the Miami dining scene?
Miami is so culturally diverse that it has the most exciting cuisine. You can get everything from the best fresh seafood to the most wonderful Latin flavors.
- Uncorked 2013: Reports from the 2013 South Beach Wine & Food Festival
- Breaking news: New SBWFF Grand Tasting Tickets
- Talking cooking demos, food & music with Trisha Yearwood
- Talking music, food & the South Beach Wine & Food Festival with Ziggy Marley
- Talking beef, Burger Bash & the South Beach Wine & Food Festival with Michael Symon
- Talking Wine & Food, Catch Miami & restaurant trends with Top Chef's Hung Huynh
- Talking Burger Bash and South Beach's past & present with Geoffrey Zakarian
- Talking TV, cooking demos & late-night after-parties with Curtis Stone
- Talking fried chicken & Miami restaurants with The Dutch's Andrew Carmellini
- Talking Burger Bash, Best of the Best & South Beach Wine & Food Festival with Alex Guarnaschelli