Jay Z and Justin Timberlake will not boycott their Florida concert
Show still on despite recent outcry from musicians over the Zimmerman trial
Stevie Wonder, Madonna, Kanye West. All say they are boycotting Florida in the wake of the George Zimmerman verdict but have no tour dates. Jay Z and Justin Timberlake do: At Sun Life Stadium on Aug. 16.
Jay Z (no hyphen these days) and JT paid tribute to Trayvon at their “Legends of the Summer” concert at Yankee Stadium, dedicating Forever Young to the slain teen.
WPLG-TV reports the show will go on, citing a source close to the tour. A Live Nation rep confirmed the report with the following statement: "The Legends of The Summer Stadium tour with Justin Timberlake and JAY Z will take place as planned at Sun Life Stadium in Miami, FL on Friday, August 16th."
On Our Radar
- A Year in Pitbull
- Sarah Jessica Parker gets her Basel on for the first time
- Cheech Marin is promoting a new ‘substance’ in Miami
- Heidi Klum: She’s an artist, too
- Fidel Castro is dead. Miami's Cuban exiles celebrate.
- Andy Cohen talks about celebrity gossip in latest book
- Report: An 'exhausted' Kanye West cancels tour, is hospitalized
- Singer Kesha in Miami for charity
- Fifth Harmony singer Lauren Jauregui comes out in letter
- Marc Anthony splits with wife