Jay Z and Justin Timberlake will not boycott their Florida concert
Show still on despite recent outcry from musicians over the Zimmerman trial
Stevie Wonder, Madonna, Kanye West. All say they are boycotting Florida in the wake of the George Zimmerman verdict but have no tour dates. Jay Z and Justin Timberlake do: At Sun Life Stadium on Aug. 16.
Jay Z (no hyphen these days) and JT paid tribute to Trayvon at their “Legends of the Summer” concert at Yankee Stadium, dedicating Forever Young to the slain teen.
WPLG-TV reports the show will go on, citing a source close to the tour. A Live Nation rep confirmed the report with the following statement: "The Legends of The Summer Stadium tour with Justin Timberlake and JAY Z will take place as planned at Sun Life Stadium in Miami, FL on Friday, August 16th."
On Our Radar
- Beyonce and Jay Z look and act like a couple in Miami
- 10 ways to prepare for the Beyonce concert
- Beyonce bringing post Lemonade drama to Miami
- Lil Kim looks a lot different in Miami
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West take Miami for wedding
- Andy Cohen pays tribute to Prince in Miami at Arsht gala
- Enrique Iglesias gets frank on Facebook
- Tia Mowry in Miami: Online bullying is not OK
- 2016 - The Year The Music Died - Bowie, Frey, Prince
- Prince’s best Miami moments from a nightlife insider