Jay Z and Justin Timberlake will not boycott their Florida concert
Show still on despite recent outcry from musicians over the Zimmerman trial
Stevie Wonder, Madonna, Kanye West. All say they are boycotting Florida in the wake of the George Zimmerman verdict but have no tour dates. Jay Z and Justin Timberlake do: At Sun Life Stadium on Aug. 16.
Jay Z (no hyphen these days) and JT paid tribute to Trayvon at their “Legends of the Summer” concert at Yankee Stadium, dedicating Forever Young to the slain teen.
WPLG-TV reports the show will go on, citing a source close to the tour. A Live Nation rep confirmed the report with the following statement: "The Legends of The Summer Stadium tour with Justin Timberlake and JAY Z will take place as planned at Sun Life Stadium in Miami, FL on Friday, August 16th."
On Our Radar
- At 71, Patti Labelle is just getting started
- 7 Funniest Lines from Miami's Dave Barry at the Iowa Caucuses
- Shark Tank star to exhibit art
- Marlon Wayans: I'm not really like Christian Grey
- Sports Illustrated fan fest headed to Miami Beach
- Gloria Estefan teams up with Oscar winner
- Opera superstar Placido Domingo at AAA
- Def Leppard in concert
- Teen Mom 2 star gets plastic surgery in Miami
- Take a class with a dancing pro