Jay Z and Justin Timberlake will not boycott their Florida concert
Show still on despite recent outcry from musicians over the Zimmerman trial
Stevie Wonder, Madonna, Kanye West. All say they are boycotting Florida in the wake of the George Zimmerman verdict but have no tour dates. Jay Z and Justin Timberlake do: At Sun Life Stadium on Aug. 16.
Jay Z (no hyphen these days) and JT paid tribute to Trayvon at their “Legends of the Summer” concert at Yankee Stadium, dedicating Forever Young to the slain teen.
WPLG-TV reports the show will go on, citing a source close to the tour. A Live Nation rep confirmed the report with the following statement: "The Legends of The Summer Stadium tour with Justin Timberlake and JAY Z will take place as planned at Sun Life Stadium in Miami, FL on Friday, August 16th."
On Our Radar
- Draya Michele debuts Mint Swim collection in Miami, shows off curves at the beach
- What Adrienne Bailon wears to the beach
- Carlos Ponce: I would never run for president
- Emma Roberts: I need to visit Miami more often
- Pitbull makes Miami look good in 'Sexy Beaches' video
- 7 cool booths to visit at Agenda Miami
- 5 ways Colombians in Miami celebrated their independence day
- 5 Things We Loved at Premios Juventud
- You'll Never Guess Where 'The Rock' Calls his Favorite Place to Eat in Miami
- How to keep getting Miami.com on Facebook