Will and Jaden Smith to appear on red carpet
To promote After Earth
If you get there early Thursday (like 5 pm) to the Miami Science Museum, not only will you get to catch Hollywood royal Will Smith and his son Jaden but you may even have some fun.
The two star in After Earth, a scifi flick about a crash landing that leaves teenager Kitai Raige (Jaden) and his dad Cypher (Will) stranded on Earth, 1,000 years after cataclysmic events forced humanity’s escape.
With Cypher critically injured, Kitai must embark on a perilous journey to get help, facing uncharted terrain, evolved animal species that now rule the planet, and an unstoppable alien. Will they be saved? We think so.
They'll mingle with the first come first served crowd (limited tickets at entry).
There will also be activities including a rock wall, face-painting, and more.
The movie opens May 31.
On Our Radar
- Florida has better taste in Halloween candy than most other states, says survey
- Phil Collins: 'I don’t like Miami particularly'
- DJ Irie gets put in the hot seat this Saturday at his own celebrity roast
- King Tide floods the streets of South Florida
- Jose Fernandez may get his own Miami street
- Orange is the New Black star gets her drink on
- Where to get hurricane updates without a TV
- Leonardo DiCaprio, Mark Ruffalo at “Before the Flood” screening
- What's closed in Miami because of Hurricane Matthew
- La La Anthony in Miami trying out cocktails