Will and Jaden Smith to appear on red carpet
To promote After Earth
If you get there early Thursday (like 5 pm) to the Miami Science Museum, not only will you get to catch Hollywood royal Will Smith and his son Jaden but you may even have some fun.
The two star in After Earth, a scifi flick about a crash landing that leaves teenager Kitai Raige (Jaden) and his dad Cypher (Will) stranded on Earth, 1,000 years after cataclysmic events forced humanity’s escape.
With Cypher critically injured, Kitai must embark on a perilous journey to get help, facing uncharted terrain, evolved animal species that now rule the planet, and an unstoppable alien. Will they be saved? We think so.
They'll mingle with the first come first served crowd (limited tickets at entry).
There will also be activities including a rock wall, face-painting, and more.
The movie opens May 31.
On Our Radar
- Giving advice on the modeling industry
- Maks Chmerkovskiy dancing into town
- Want to buy Scottie Pippen's house?
- Meet Jason Taylor at Macy's
- Popular TV anchor Louis Aguirre leaving Miami for Hollywood gig
- Diana Ross headlining annual gala
- Duran Duran movie coming to Miami Beach Cinematheque
- Tryouts for Estefan musical at Arsht
- Erasure kicks off its world tour at The Fillmore
- Bon Jovi rocker Tico Torres a SoBe fixture