Whet Your Appetite
Whet your appetite: A sneak peak at Miami's restaurants to come
Whet your appetite! Bite into our sneak peak at Miami's restaurants to come...
Cevichery Restobar is celebrateing its grand opening on Espanola Way in conjunction with Peruvian Independence Day Thursday (July 28) from 8-10pm. Enjoy live music & dancers plus tastings of pisco sours, ceviches, causas and other Peruvian specialties. 440 Espanola Way, Miami Beach; 305-532-6620.
Chow Down South Beach, a Surfside Asian hotspot, is due to arrive in SoBe in early August, bringing late-night dim sum to the hungry masses. Slated to stay open till 5am, the menu will include 17 types of dim sum, fried rice & noodles and a 24-hour braised beef sandwich. Other things to look forward to - craft draft beer, liquor, sake and weekend DJs.
Egg & Dart brings "rustic Greek cuisine" to the Design District beginning August 3.The 200-seat spot is a collaboration between Costa Grillas (Maria's, Miami) and Niko Theodorou (Sea Satin Market, Mykonos) and plans to feature mezze (Spetsofai), entrees (Rigatoni Thalassino) and cocktails (metaxa, ouzo & masticha).4029 N Miami Ave, Miami; 786-431-1022
Morgans South Beach is scheduled to open in the former Joe Allen space on Miami Beach Friday (July 30). The Wynwood darling promises a new menu is for its second location, but we're hoping the classics remain - turkey meatloaf, the Morgans salad, truffled mac & cheese and fresh potato chips.1410 20 St, Miami Beach
The Pubbelly team is bringing two new eats to its complex in Sunset Harbor. Tapas & Spanish fans will flock to Baceloneta, said to be bringing Catalan cuisine to the former (and expansive) Picnic space while sushi lovers can slip into Pubbelly Sushi, scheduled to take over the former Bartolome space later this year. Menus for both have yet to be released, but we're keeping our fingers crossed for compelling, addictive neighborhood eats.
Vic & Angelos is bringing the 11oz Kobe meatball to the former DeVito's space in South of Fifth. Pair the meatballs with moderately priced house-made pastas and coal-oven fired pizzas (pictured), that have proven popular in Palm Beach since 2006. 150 Ocean Dr, Miami Beach; 305-531-0911
The Forge is welcoming The Well, a lounge featuring drinks and small plates in the former Glass space next to The Forge. Shareef Malnik (The Forge) is partnering with Buzzy Sklar (Automatic Slims, Burger & Beer Joint) to create a lounge with an "Aspen lodge" feel paired with cocktails, craft beer & charcuterie plates. 444 41 St, Miami Beach
- Crust Pizza evolves into Crust Restaurant, opening this month in Miami
- 'Top Chef' alum Spike Mendelsohn to open Sunny's at The Hall hotel in South Beach
- The List: Miami's 10 best bites with chef Diego Oka of La Mar
- Porfirio's closes in South Beach, Señor Frog's opening delayed
- NYC's Sullivan Street Bakery to open in Miami
- The Fed in Miami brings back Crawdaddy Wednesdays
- The List: Miami's best dishes with Katsuya's Jose Icardi
- Contest: Guess the South Florida restaurant, win tickets to Robert Irvine Live
- Pubbelly's Jose Mendin, Niu Kitchen's Deme Lomas named Food & Wine People's Best New Chef nominees
- Where to celebrate Easter Sunday