Whet Your Appetite
Whet your appetite: A sneak peak at Miami's restaurants to come
Whet your appetite! Bite into our sneak peak at Miami's restaurants to come...
Cevichery Restobar is celebrateing its grand opening on Espanola Way in conjunction with Peruvian Independence Day Thursday (July 28) from 8-10pm. Enjoy live music & dancers plus tastings of pisco sours, ceviches, causas and other Peruvian specialties. 440 Espanola Way, Miami Beach; 305-532-6620.
Chow Down South Beach, a Surfside Asian hotspot, is due to arrive in SoBe in early August, bringing late-night dim sum to the hungry masses. Slated to stay open till 5am, the menu will include 17 types of dim sum, fried rice & noodles and a 24-hour braised beef sandwich. Other things to look forward to - craft draft beer, liquor, sake and weekend DJs.
Egg & Dart brings "rustic Greek cuisine" to the Design District beginning August 3.The 200-seat spot is a collaboration between Costa Grillas (Maria's, Miami) and Niko Theodorou (Sea Satin Market, Mykonos) and plans to feature mezze (Spetsofai), entrees (Rigatoni Thalassino) and cocktails (metaxa, ouzo & masticha).4029 N Miami Ave, Miami; 786-431-1022
Morgans South Beach is scheduled to open in the former Joe Allen space on Miami Beach Friday (July 30). The Wynwood darling promises a new menu is for its second location, but we're hoping the classics remain - turkey meatloaf, the Morgans salad, truffled mac & cheese and fresh potato chips.1410 20 St, Miami Beach
The Pubbelly team is bringing two new eats to its complex in Sunset Harbor. Tapas & Spanish fans will flock to Baceloneta, said to be bringing Catalan cuisine to the former (and expansive) Picnic space while sushi lovers can slip into Pubbelly Sushi, scheduled to take over the former Bartolome space later this year. Menus for both have yet to be released, but we're keeping our fingers crossed for compelling, addictive neighborhood eats.
Vic & Angelos is bringing the 11oz Kobe meatball to the former DeVito's space in South of Fifth. Pair the meatballs with moderately priced house-made pastas and coal-oven fired pizzas (pictured), that have proven popular in Palm Beach since 2006. 150 Ocean Dr, Miami Beach; 305-531-0911
The Forge is welcoming The Well, a lounge featuring drinks and small plates in the former Glass space next to The Forge. Shareef Malnik (The Forge) is partnering with Buzzy Sklar (Automatic Slims, Burger & Beer Joint) to create a lounge with an "Aspen lodge" feel paired with cocktails, craft beer & charcuterie plates. 444 41 St, Miami Beach
- Taco & Tequila Showdown to pair Miami's best tortilla stuffers and spirits slingers
- Celebrity chef Alex Guarnaschelli to run restaurant at new Nautilus South Beach hotel
- Miami chefs lead Build Your Own Brunch to benefit United Way of Miami-Dade
- Pubbelly Sushi is being exported to the Dominican Republic
- Miami chefs to promote South Florida, equality in Costa Rica culinary trips
- Taste Paradise: Key Biscayne dining promotion runs Oct. 9-25
- Spring Chicken to open in former Miami's Best Pizza in Coral Gables
- Seed Food & Wine Festival returns to Miami for a celebration of plant-based cuisine
- The Forge in Miami Beach to host kickoff dinner for James Beard Foundation program
- Chefs Up Front dinners in Miami and Fort Lauderdale to benefit kids