Where To Stay in Miami On Your Way To The World Cup in Brazil
Miami's hospitality industry is expecting an influx of travelers en route to Brazil for the World Cup this summer. These hotels have created packages with soccer lovers in mind.
Miami, long known as the “Gateway to Latin America,” will more specifically become the “Gateway to Brazil” as the 2014 FIFA World Cup approaches. With match play starting June 12 in Sao Paulo and ending July 13 in Rio de Janeiro, Miami’s hospitality industry is expecting an influx of travelers en route to Brazil. Whether you’re headed to Brazil or just looking for a piece of the action in Miami, these hotels are offering special packages and parties with the World Cup in mind.
Fontainebleau Miami Beach
From viewing pool parties to specials at the spa and salon to overnight stay packages, the Fontainebleau Miami Beach (4441 Collins Ave., Miami Beach; 305-538-2000) is getting in on the World Cup action. Outside at Glow Bar and the Arkadia pool, fans can catch the games broadcast on a 14’ x 24’ screen above the pool in a festive atmosphere. Expect entertainment and complimentary party favors like banners, bags, t-shirts and soccer balls.
Get a taste of Brazil at the oceanfront La Cȏte with Leblon caipirinha specials and traditional picanha platters alongside DJs and Samba dancers. The Tropez Lawn will be set up with soccer equipment for pickup games. And inside the Chateau Lobby, a World Cup-themed cake made by Solo will be on display. Guests can also sample in maracuja and passion fruit gelato, as well as soccer-themed pastries at Solo.
There are a variety of options to access the festivities at the Fontainebleau:
Spend A Day at Fontainebleau ($175 per person)
- One 50-Minute Treatment (Choose from: Swedish Massage, Mommy’s Bliss Massage, Pore Perfecting Facial or a Spalicious Manicure & Pedicure)
- Lunch at La Cȏte - enjoy a prix fixe meal inclusive of entrée and non-alcoholic beverage
- Use of spa facilities, gym, beach and poolscape for the day
24/7 Escape Stay Package (From $209 per night, based on double occupancy)
- Deluxe guestroom accommodations
- Two 50-minute massages (Choose from: Swedish Massage, Bamboo Fusion, Mommy’s Bliss or the Pore Perfecting Facial or Refuel Facial for men) and access to spa facilities throughout stay
Guests at the hotel can celebrate World Cup with a front row seat at Fontainebleau’s glamorous poolscape by booking one of three private, all-inclusive cabana specials:
- São Paulo Package: For $550 a day, receive two pitchers of Leblon Caipirinha, two food platters including steak and fish tacos, chicken quesadillas, chips and salsa and mixed fruit; and Leblon World Cup swag while relaxing in a Luxury Cabana for six
- Brasilia Package: For $750 a day, enjoy all of the above, as well as a bottle of Grey Goose with mixers while relaxing in a Premium Cabana for six
- Rio Package: For $1000 a day, enjoy all of the above, as well as two buckets of beer while relaxing in a Super Premium Cabana
For more information or reservations, click here or call 877-512-8002.
W South Beach
The W South Beach (2201 Collins Ave., Miami Beach; 305-938-3000) is teaming up with Chef Andrew Carmellini of the hotel’s signature restaurant The Dutch to offer guests a taste of Brazil during the World Cup. The “Timeout Getaway” is a two-night package that includes:
- An in-room “Create-Your-Own Caipirinha Kit,” the national cocktail of Brazil, made with Leblon Cachaça, sugar and lime
- A Brazilian-inspired Mini Mixed Churrasco dish with black bean soffritto and chimichurri served at The Dutch
- Two signature cocktails daily inspired by the competing countries available at The Dutch, Living Room or WET
- The World Cup games will be broadcasted in all guest rooms, at Living Room and in select private poolside cabanas available for reservation through the signature Whatever, Whenever service at W South Beach.
- Rates start at $489 per night in a Wonderful Studio, Spectacular Studio, Fabulous Studio or Fantastic Suite
- Valid June 12- July 13, 2014
For more information, click here, and to book call 877-822-0000 at least seven days in advance of reservation.
The Mini Mixed Churrasco dish and specialty cocktails will be available at The Dutch, Living Room Bar and WET throughout the World Cup match play for those not staying at the hotel.
SLS Hotel South Beach
The SLS Hotel South Beach (1701 Collins Ave., Miami Beach; 305-674-1701) is also offering soccer fans a special package with World Cup action at center stage. Guests who take advantage of the “SLS Loves Soccer” package available June 12 to June 13 will have access to trendy Hyde Beach’s World Cup viewing parties. In honor of the 32 teams competing, they’ve put together the following deals:
- 32% off our best available rates (two night minimum)
- Welcome cocktail - choice of two beers or two Caipirinhas
- $32 per day food and beverage credit
- Waived resort fee
To book, click here or call 855-757-7623 and use promo code: SOCCER.
Take your love of soccer and Brazil to the towers of the Viceroy Miami (485 Brickell Ave., Miami; 305-503-4400) for a special “2014 Futbol in Miami” package complete with World Cup viewing parties. The package includes:
- 20% off best available rate
- $20 hotel credit
- Complimentary Wi-Fi
- $5 happy hour with Brazilian inspired cocktails
- Access to 15th & Vine Kitchen and Bar for live World Cup viewing parties
- Chance to win a special soccer souvenir
- Offer Valid June 12- July 13
To book, click here or call 305-503-4400 and use promo code: VMBALL
- Four Seasons offers $132,000 golf vacation jet-setting from Miami to Costa Rica & West Indies
- How to step inside your favorite Baz Luhrmann movie at the new Faena Hotel Miami Beach
- Where do Miami's top hospitality pros want to travel in 2016?
- Alan Faena on life as an artistic expression, storytelling & his new Miami Beach hotel
- Miami hotel openings on the horizon for 2016
- Deck the halls with these holiday & winter hotel deals
- Inside The Hall South Beach, Joie de Vivre's first east coast property
- Aboard Norwegian Escape's maiden voyage
- Mark your calendars! Cyber Monday is Back
- James Bond-inspired hotel stays in time for 'Spectre' release