When one restaurant closes in Miami . . . another allegedly opens
Closings and alleged openings
Nothing revolutionary here, but an update or two: Chef Philip Ho in Sunny Isles is closed and, the bargain hunter's favorite Italian spot, Tosca, has closed as well, sold allegedly to a Spanish group that is gutting the space. The Tosca folk, meanwhile, allegedly plan to reopen in Mary Brickell Village, of all places, sometime soon. Allegedly.
And another one bites the dust....POC Modern American Cuisine in the Village at Gulfstream Park, which opened in October, is no more.
- Pierre's, Morada Beach Cafe off the market with new executive chef, Ishmael Toro
- Dinner at La Savina at Mondrian out; Brooklyn's Momo Sushi Shack 'pop-up' in
- Ted's at YoungArts closed
- LGBT Night at Dos Caminos
- OTC closes in Brickell after 3-year run
- Morimoto South Beach introduces weekend brunch
- Ex District chef, James Beard nominee Horacio Rivadero appointed executive chef at Tantalize
- More tacos on the way: Wapo Taco opening in Coral Gables
- DB Bistro Moderne Miami goes casual for the summer
- Sugar Factory American Brasserie to celebrate its Miami opening in June with Kylie Jenner