When one restaurant closes in Miami . . . another allegedly opens
Closings and alleged openings
Nothing revolutionary here, but an update or two: Chef Philip Ho in Sunny Isles is closed and, the bargain hunter's favorite Italian spot, Tosca, has closed as well, sold allegedly to a Spanish group that is gutting the space. The Tosca folk, meanwhile, allegedly plan to reopen in Mary Brickell Village, of all places, sometime soon. Allegedly.
And another one bites the dust....POC Modern American Cuisine in the Village at Gulfstream Park, which opened in October, is no more.
- The Downstairs at Hotel Astor resurfaces on March 14
- Ex-China Grill, Lantao Kitchen chef Ferdinand Ortiz Jr. named Mister Collins' new Executive Chef
- Ex Preservation chef Ryan Harrison heads up Giorgio Rapicavoli's Taperia Raca; menu here>>
- Tommy Hilfiger is buying, redoing The Raleigh; no comment from Michael Schwartz on restaurant's fate
- Carla Pellegrino's Touché Rooftop Lounge & Restaurant opening April 3
- The Villa by Barton G relaunches restaurant as Il Sole
- Java junkies! Tell us about your incurable coffee addiction & win a Keurig Special Edition Brewing System
- Bâoli does Omakase
- Hot sauce, happy hour & pinatas with free stuff at Huahua's Taqueria
- Locals, legends in the galley at SOBEWFF's Ocean Liner Dinner at The Wolfsonian