When one restaurant closes in Miami . . . another allegedly opens
Closings and alleged openings
Nothing revolutionary here, but an update or two: Chef Philip Ho in Sunny Isles is closed and, the bargain hunter's favorite Italian spot, Tosca, has closed as well, sold allegedly to a Spanish group that is gutting the space. The Tosca folk, meanwhile, allegedly plan to reopen in Mary Brickell Village, of all places, sometime soon. Allegedly.
And another one bites the dust....POC Modern American Cuisine in the Village at Gulfstream Park, which opened in October, is no more.
- David's Cafe on Collins closing after 37 years
- Blackbrick Brings on the Brunch
- Pubbelly introduces PB Fish, a seafood pop-up at PB Steak starting April 8
- AQ by Acqualina, featuring Dewey LoSasso & Hiro's Yakko San
- Mansion morphing into "Miami-style country western line dancing" club with Blue Collar's Danny Serfer serving "large plates"
- Las Olas hot spot American Social opening in ex Waxy O'Connor's space
- Allen Susser's Daily Melt grilling the cheese up in Fort Lauderdale on April 1
- Brewery Ommegang's HopChef competition heads to Miami in April
- Nina Compton cooks at Swine Southern Table & Bar on April 24
- Loba, "Latin spice and Southern Comfort" coming to Biscayne Blvd.