What's that smell? Fame
Celebrity scents galore
Jennifer Aniston has been out there lately. She has yet another romcom to promote (the yucky titled Just Go With It). Moreover, the former Friends star -- who turns 42 on Friday 2/11 -- has a eponymous fragrance. We learned Aniston turned down a part on Saturday Night Live for her famed NBC hit years ago. The sexy bachelorette also had a public spat with Perez Hilton and said she would consider Lindsay Lohan for a role in any movies she directed. Not a word about Angelina Jolie, though. Phew. Onto Jen's fragrance, which debuted at Harrod's as Lolavie, but it's Jennifer Aniston in the U.S.: it's available on Sephora.com from $39. Now you know what the star smells like: flowers and the sea.
"I wanted this fragrance to be a personal library of scent memories," Aniston says. ‘‘Growing up in California, I distinctly remember the scent of the jasmine on summer evenings." As for the ocean, Aniston remembers early trips to Greece, where her father is from. "I consider the scent of the ocean to be one of life’s most uplifting sensual experiences -- pure happiness." We're glad something makes her happy.
Other celebs are jumping into the perfume fray, too:
• Halle Berry may be battling with her ex Gabriel Aubry over their adorable daughter, but she's putting on a brave front to hawk her latest scent, Reveal. With fruity, woodsy notes, it's "a perfect balance of timeless sophistication and easy elegance, reminiscent of what it means to be naturally glamorous - an intriguing blend of confidence, charisma, realness with a touch of mystery." From $28 at unmysterious stores like Target.
• For teeny boppers and American Idol fans, AI winner Jordin Sparks' Because of You gift set might work ($24.95). PR materials claim it is "made for the woman who shatters expectations [and] imbues a feeling of power, a sense that she can attain whatever she wants -- even the thrill of the forbidden." Go, girls!
• Beyonce is busy, but not too busy to unveil another scent, Heat Rush, with passionfruit, blood orange and mango blossom. Mrs. Jay Z created HR "to bring the feeling of warmth and sensuality to every woman who wears it." Can it give us some of your talent? At department stores, from $59.
On Our Radar
- Miami Beach, Miami Gardens among nation’s most dangerous suburbs
- Old Spice Guy Isaiah Mustafa spreads the love
- Will Smith seen relaxing at Zuma
- Local designer wins Lifetime's 'Under the Gunn'
- 'House of Cards' star Kevin Spacey dines out
- Austin Mahone celebrates 18th birthday
- Miracle Myles: Myles Chefetz's South of Fifth takeover continues with Prime Private
- Fashion designer Ariana Rockefeller at Alene Too
- Rafael Nadal spends time in presidential suite
- Mayim Bialik is a geek and plays one on TV