What's the Frequency? RADIO goes from pop-up to permanent
Keith Menin of the famed hotel group buys the former pop-up bar on South Beach
Now open in the South of Fifth space at 814 1st St. formerly known as Jeronimo's: RADIO, a pop-up bar for about five minutes and named after its former incarnation as a Gospel radio station, is now "permanent," offering cocktails (see below), craft beers, champagne and snacks such as pizza, nachos, hot dogs and popcorn.
“RADIO is the ideal drinking destination for Miami Beach locals looking for great affordable cocktails minus the SoBe buildup,” says partner Tatanka Guerrero. The bar is open seven days a week from 6 p.m. to 5 a.m. but those arriving after 11 will have to enter through the alley as a courtesy to the residents in the area who will undoubtedly protest the loud noise if you make it.
On Friday, April 5, the bar, recently taken over by Keith Menin's eponymous hotel group, will be adding new cocktails, a full “Snack Bar” menu and a pizza oven to serve up slices catered by Menin Hotels’ PIZZA BAR. About those cocktails, they're the real deal, shaken and stirred by master mixologist and James Beard nominee, Craig Schoettler from Chicago’s acclaimed Drumbar and previously The Aviary. Among Schoettler's poisons: signature punch bowls that serve up to 8 people ($125). Signature drinks are $12. RADIO is also adding a new Happy Hour with 2-4-1 signature cocktails from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. Tune in and tune out.
- 12 events in Miami this weekend (that have nothing to do with Halloween) - Oct. 28-30
- 11 events you can't miss in Miami this weekend - Oct. 14-16
- 11 events in Miami this weekend - Oct. 7-9
- 11 events in Miami this weekend - Sept. 30-Oct. 2
- Events in Miami this weekend - Sept. 23-25
- Spend New Year's 2017 With Justin Bieber!
- 10 events in Miami this weekend - Sept. 16-18
- 11 events in Miami this weekend - Sept. 9-11
- 11 things to do in Miami this weekend - Sept. 2-4
- 11 events in Miami to put on your weekend agenda - Aug. 26-28