What's the Frequency? RADIO goes from pop-up to permanent
Keith Menin of the famed hotel group buys the former pop-up bar on South Beach
Now open in the South of Fifth space at 814 1st St. formerly known as Jeronimo's: RADIO, a pop-up bar for about five minutes and named after its former incarnation as a Gospel radio station, is now "permanent," offering cocktails (see below), craft beers, champagne and snacks such as pizza, nachos, hot dogs and popcorn.
“RADIO is the ideal drinking destination for Miami Beach locals looking for great affordable cocktails minus the SoBe buildup,” says partner Tatanka Guerrero. The bar is open seven days a week from 6 p.m. to 5 a.m. but those arriving after 11 will have to enter through the alley as a courtesy to the residents in the area who will undoubtedly protest the loud noise if you make it.
On Friday, April 5, the bar, recently taken over by Keith Menin's eponymous hotel group, will be adding new cocktails, a full “Snack Bar” menu and a pizza oven to serve up slices catered by Menin Hotels’ PIZZA BAR. About those cocktails, they're the real deal, shaken and stirred by master mixologist and James Beard nominee, Craig Schoettler from Chicago’s acclaimed Drumbar and previously The Aviary. Among Schoettler's poisons: signature punch bowls that serve up to 8 people ($125). Signature drinks are $12. RADIO is also adding a new Happy Hour with 2-4-1 signature cocktails from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. Tune in and tune out.
- Sake, beer, oysters and Basel, Art Basel
- Go Drink This: Marrakesh
- ICON Miami opening soon in former Mansion space and now hiring
- Rok'n burgers on 73rd St., rockin' authors hit Rock Bottom at Arsht, Dom at The Dutch & Sweet Liberty's sweet deal
- Could this be the Best Happy Hour in Miami: DECK sixteen at Hyatt Centric
- Neat Stuff's Casino Night returns this Friday at Nikki Beach
- LUCKYRICE at the Raleigh, PIG in Wynwood, a pre-Pride Soiree & showboating on Fisher Island with the Pointer Sisters
- Go Drink This: Sir Isaac Newton
- New lounges, poolside rap parties, free concerts, food fetes & dinner with Uncle Luke
- Go Drink This: The Aviator