What's the Best? 5 Supreme Sausages
Five of the finest encased meats in Miami.
Hot dogs and hamburgers get all the glory on grilling holidays like Labor Day. Spice up your cookout with some of Miami’s best sausages. Here are our five favorites:
1. Free Range Rabbit: With morel mushroom sauce and fried leeks. $15.
The Mighty, 2224 SW 22nd St., Miami.
2. The Proper: Berkshire pork, sage, black pepper and mace. $12 a pound.
Proper Sausages, 9722 NE Second Ave., Miami Shores.
3. Hot Italian: A classic, with or without peppers. $9 a pound.
Laurenzo’s Italian Center, 16445 W. Dixie Hwy., North Miami Beach.
4. Smoked Polish: Mustard seeds, marjoram and garlic, served on a soft pretzel. $10.
The Butcher Shop, 165 NW 23rd St., Miami.
5. Dracula: Sweet Italian sausage with Buffalo sauce, sauerkraut and onions. $9.
House of Dog, 456 W. 41st St., Miami Beach.
- Oolite to debut vegan dishes at Conscious Bite Out dinner Dec. 11
- Lique Restaurant & Lounge opens on Intracoastal Waterway in North Miami Beach
- Sandbar in Coconut Grove is renamed The Hot Rock after 'Bar Rescue' takeover
- Kuro Japanese restaurant to open at Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino
- The List: Mignonette and Blue Collar chef-owner Danny Serfer
- Beefed-up seafood menu at Steak 954
- New chef, hot-stone concept at Seasalt & Pepper
- NY-based Quality Meats to open Miami Beach steakhouse
- Miami's rising culinary stars: 30 Under 30
- Michelle Bernstein to pop up at Art Basel 2014