What's the Best? 5 Supreme Sausages
Five of the finest encased meats in Miami.
Hot dogs and hamburgers get all the glory on grilling holidays like Labor Day. Spice up your cookout with some of Miami’s best sausages. Here are our five favorites:
1. Free Range Rabbit: With morel mushroom sauce and fried leeks. $15.
The Mighty, 2224 SW 22nd St., Miami.
2. The Proper: Berkshire pork, sage, black pepper and mace. $12 a pound.
Proper Sausages, 9722 NE Second Ave., Miami Shores.
3. Hot Italian: A classic, with or without peppers. $9 a pound.
Laurenzo’s Italian Center, 16445 W. Dixie Hwy., North Miami Beach.
4. Smoked Polish: Mustard seeds, marjoram and garlic, served on a soft pretzel. $10.
The Butcher Shop, 165 NW 23rd St., Miami.
5. Dracula: Sweet Italian sausage with Buffalo sauce, sauerkraut and onions. $9.
House of Dog, 456 W. 41st St., Miami Beach.
- President Hello Kitty? She's got cookies to convince you
- South Beach Seafood Festival 2016 highlights top seafood chefs, restaurants
- Get yours: stone crab season starts Saturday
- Is this the best black-owned food truck in South Florida?
- Food just got a lot better at Heat's American Airlines Arena
- Luke's Diner will be a real place Wednesday. Here's where to get free coffee:
- Poke, not sushi, is what's cool in Miami. Yelp helps us find it
- What Zika? Governor visits Wynwood to promote dining event
- Where to eat great food, drink great wine and beer — and raise money
- Why the Hungry Black Man makes juice bar his pick of the week