What's the Best? 5 Supreme Sausages
Five of the finest encased meats in Miami.
Hot dogs and hamburgers get all the glory on grilling holidays like Labor Day. Spice up your cookout with some of Miami’s best sausages. Here are our five favorites:
1. Free Range Rabbit: With morel mushroom sauce and fried leeks. $15.
The Mighty, 2224 SW 22nd St., Miami.
2. The Proper: Berkshire pork, sage, black pepper and mace. $12 a pound.
Proper Sausages, 9722 NE Second Ave., Miami Shores.
3. Hot Italian: A classic, with or without peppers. $9 a pound.
Laurenzo’s Italian Center, 16445 W. Dixie Hwy., North Miami Beach.
4. Smoked Polish: Mustard seeds, marjoram and garlic, served on a soft pretzel. $10.
The Butcher Shop, 165 NW 23rd St., Miami.
5. Dracula: Sweet Italian sausage with Buffalo sauce, sauerkraut and onions. $9.
House of Dog, 456 W. 41st St., Miami Beach.
- Miami chefs lead Build Your Own Brunch to benefit United Way of Miami-Dade
- Pubbelly Sushi is being exported to the Dominican Republic
- Miami chefs to promote South Florida, equality in Costa Rica culinary trips
- Taste Paradise: Key Biscayne dining promotion runs Oct. 9-25
- Spring Chicken to open in former Miami's Best Pizza in Coral Gables
- Seed Food & Wine Festival returns to Miami for a celebration of plant-based cuisine
- The Forge in Miami Beach to host kickoff dinner for James Beard Foundation program
- Chefs Up Front dinners in Miami and Fort Lauderdale to benefit kids
- Cavalli Restaurant in South Beach goes into hibernation
- Restaurant closures: 1826 in Miami Beach, Southern Swank Kitchen in Davie