What's the Best? 5 Supreme Sausages
Five of the finest encased meats in Miami.
Hot dogs and hamburgers get all the glory on grilling holidays like Labor Day. Spice up your cookout with some of Miami’s best sausages. Here are our five favorites:
1. Free Range Rabbit: With morel mushroom sauce and fried leeks. $15.
The Mighty, 2224 SW 22nd St., Miami.
2. The Proper: Berkshire pork, sage, black pepper and mace. $12 a pound.
Proper Sausages, 9722 NE Second Ave., Miami Shores.
3. Hot Italian: A classic, with or without peppers. $9 a pound.
Laurenzo’s Italian Center, 16445 W. Dixie Hwy., North Miami Beach.
4. Smoked Polish: Mustard seeds, marjoram and garlic, served on a soft pretzel. $10.
The Butcher Shop, 165 NW 23rd St., Miami.
5. Dracula: Sweet Italian sausage with Buffalo sauce, sauerkraut and onions. $9.
House of Dog, 456 W. 41st St., Miami Beach.
- Harry's Pizzeria by Michael Schwartz opens Wednesday in Coconut Grove
- The List: Miami's best foods with chef Bernie Matz
- Miami chef Cindy Hutson to be honored Oct. 10
- LIV nightclub founder David Grutman to open Komodo restaurant in Brickell
- New TiramesU restaurant opening Oct. 6 in South Beach
- Chef Jeremiah's Pork Is Good festival returns to Wynwood in November
- Chefs leave top kitchen posts at Miami Beach restaurants Seagrape, Michael Mina 74
- The List: Miami's 10 best foods, according to Stripsteak's Derrick Roberts
- Change is on the menu at Michael Schwartz's The Cypress Room in Miami
- Spanish food market to pop up at Bayfront Park