What's the Best? 5 Great Carpaccios
These five restaurants are top contenders for best raw beef in town.
Long before Miami embraced raw fish as sushi, we were appetizing on plates of thinly sliced raw beef called carpaccio. Here are five Miami restaurants that serve some of the best in town.
1. Il Mulino New York South Beach's carpaccio is simple bliss: paper-thin shaved beef dressed with peppery arugula, olive oil, lemon and mustard. $26.
840 First St., Miami Beach. 305-372-1221, ilmulino.com/south-beach
2. Touché gives its carpaccio some crunch in the form of sliced celery along with the briny bite of Parmesan shavings. $18.
15 NE 11th St., Miami. 305-358-9848, touchemiami.com
3. Pubbelly Sushi dresses Waygu beef carpaccio with Asian pear, yuzu soy and sesame oil for a very Pubbelly adaptation of an Italian classic. $12.
1424 20th St., Miami Beach. 305-531-9282, pubbellyboys.com/pubbellysushi
4. Sugarcane Raw Bar Grill’s Japanese-style Akaushi beef carpaccio (pictured) has an earthy bite from pickled mushrooms and an umami finish from truffle ponzu sauce. $16.
3252 NE First Ave., Miami. 786-369-0353, sugarcanerawbargrill.com
5. Carpaccio does its namesake justice in various fishy forms (salmon, swordfish, tuna), but the original beef version with arugula and Parmigiano-Reggiano is always a winner. $13.
9700 Collins Ave., Bal Harbour. 305-867-7777, carpaccioatbalharbour.com
- A barbecued grilled cheese with Heat -- Miami Heat, that is
- Here's why you should call Dolores ... Miami Smokers for the summer
- We ordered free ice cream from UberEATS. Here's what happened
- South of Spice dining event is a luxurious taste of South Beach
- These 9 Miami food and cocktail events are so good we can't pick just one
- Why this chef wants to bring fine dining to Cuba
- Uber will bring you free ice cream Friday
- Miami Chefs Taking Their Talents to Casa de Campo For a Weekend
- How this Indian restaurant is raising the foodie game in Kendall
- How you can get your gourmet doughnut fix in Miami Beach