What's the Best? 5 Great Carpaccios
These five restaurants are top contenders for best raw beef in town.
Long before Miami embraced raw fish as sushi, we were appetizing on plates of thinly sliced raw beef called carpaccio. Here are five Miami restaurants that serve some of the best in town.
1. Il Mulino New York South Beach's carpaccio is simple bliss: paper-thin shaved beef dressed with peppery arugula, olive oil, lemon and mustard. $26.
840 First St., Miami Beach. 305-372-1221, ilmulino.com/south-beach
2. Touché gives its carpaccio some crunch in the form of sliced celery along with the briny bite of Parmesan shavings. $18.
15 NE 11th St., Miami. 305-358-9848, touchemiami.com
3. Pubbelly Sushi dresses Waygu beef carpaccio with Asian pear, yuzu soy and sesame oil for a very Pubbelly adaptation of an Italian classic. $12.
1424 20th St., Miami Beach. 305-531-9282, pubbellyboys.com/pubbellysushi
4. Sugarcane Raw Bar Grill’s Japanese-style Akaushi beef carpaccio (pictured) has an earthy bite from pickled mushrooms and an umami finish from truffle ponzu sauce. $16.
3252 NE First Ave., Miami. 786-369-0353, sugarcanerawbargrill.com
5. Carpaccio does its namesake justice in various fishy forms (salmon, swordfish, tuna), but the original beef version with arugula and Parmigiano-Reggiano is always a winner. $13.
9700 Collins Ave., Bal Harbour. 305-867-7777, carpaccioatbalharbour.com
- The List: Eating in Miami with The Forge's Shareef Malnik
- MasterChef is casting Miami home cooks for new season
- Tacos & Tatas Tuesdays returns to Rocco’s Tacos
- Lure Fishbar reels in bourbon lovers for Thursday pairing dinner
- Burger Beast's Croquetapalooza to showcase one of Miami's favorite comfort foods
- What's the Best? 5 Choice Cheese Shops in Miami and Broward
- Pubbelly goes vegan Oct 2
- Eat well & do good at OTC Sept 22
- Updated: Miami restaurant openings, closings and more
- Miami's Best Pizza to close after 44 years in Coral Gables