What's the Best? 5 Great Carpaccios
These five restaurants are top contenders for best raw beef in town.
Long before Miami embraced raw fish as sushi, we were appetizing on plates of thinly sliced raw beef called carpaccio. Here are five Miami restaurants that serve some of the best in town.
1. Il Mulino New York South Beach's carpaccio is simple bliss: paper-thin shaved beef dressed with peppery arugula, olive oil, lemon and mustard. $26.
840 First St., Miami Beach. 305-372-1221, ilmulino.com/south-beach
2. Touché gives its carpaccio some crunch in the form of sliced celery along with the briny bite of Parmesan shavings. $18.
15 NE 11th St., Miami. 305-358-9848, touchemiami.com
3. Pubbelly Sushi dresses Waygu beef carpaccio with Asian pear, yuzu soy and sesame oil for a very Pubbelly adaptation of an Italian classic. $12.
1424 20th St., Miami Beach. 305-531-9282, pubbellyboys.com/pubbellysushi
4. Sugarcane Raw Bar Grill’s Japanese-style Akaushi beef carpaccio (pictured) has an earthy bite from pickled mushrooms and an umami finish from truffle ponzu sauce. $16.
3252 NE First Ave., Miami. 786-369-0353, sugarcanerawbargrill.com
5. Carpaccio does its namesake justice in various fishy forms (salmon, swordfish, tuna), but the original beef version with arugula and Parmigiano-Reggiano is always a winner. $13.
9700 Collins Ave., Bal Harbour. 305-867-7777, carpaccioatbalharbour.com
- Dale Talde's top 10 things to eat in Miami
- South Beach sushi pop-up Prey puts invasive species on the menu at 1 Hotel & Homes
- The List: 10 best Miami foods with Batch Gastropub's Kevin Danilo
- 2 new Coral Gables restaurants opening this week: Trust & Co. and Ichimi
- Worth the drive: Clay Conley opens Grato restaurant in West Palm Beach
- A Top Chef's 10 favorite foods in Miami
- Former Zuma chef, manager to open KYU restaurant in Wynwood
- Kris Wessel to open barbecue joint in Miami's Little Haiti
- Is it worth it? Quality Meats Miami Beach debuts $64 Chicken Parm Pizza
- The List: 10 best South Florida restaurants according to Rick Mijares