What's the Best? 5 Fantastic Fritas Cubanas
Comfort-food blogger Burger Beast takes us through his Top 5 fritas.
For this week’s What’s the Best?, we turn to Miami comfort-food blogger Sef Gonzalez, aka Burger Beast. He keeps a running tab of the top Cuban-style fritas — seasoned cheeseburgers topped with shoestring potato fries — at burgerbeast.com.
Here are his current favorites:
1. El Rey de Las Fritas: “Consistently the best frita.”
421 W. 29th St., Hialeah, and 1821 SW Eighth St., Miami.
2. Bread & Butter Counter: “If you see the McFruffin on [the menu], get it.”
2330 Salzedo St., Coral Gables.
3. Cuban Guys: “They’ve created a really great frita, and you should really have a few.”
10801 Sunset Dr., Miami.
4. Morro Castle (Hialeah): “The site of where I had my first frita.”
1201 W. 44th Pl., Hialeah.
5. Morro Castle (Little Havana): “This is my Sunday frita.”
2500 NW Seventh St., Miami.
- Tom Colicchio's top chef in Miami has South Florida roots
- The List: BC Tacos' Brett Chiavari
- The List: Valentino's Giovanni Rocchio
- Lime closes in South Beach, BTW opening in its place
- Shikany restaurant in Miami closed until further notice
- Veuve Clicquot celebrates Carnaval at the Thompson Miami Beach
- The List: The Federal's Ani Meinhold and Cesar Zapata
- My Ceviche owners to open Laffa Mediterranean Kitchen in Miami
- Slow Food's Ark of Taste at Paraiso Bay
- The List: Oceanaire's Kareem Anguin