What's the Best? 5 Fantastic Fritas Cubanas
Comfort-food blogger Burger Beast takes us through his Top 5 fritas.
For this week’s What’s the Best?, we turn to Miami comfort-food blogger Sef Gonzalez, aka Burger Beast. He keeps a running tab of the top Cuban-style fritas — seasoned cheeseburgers topped with shoestring potato fries — at burgerbeast.com.
Here are his current favorites:
1. El Rey de Las Fritas: “Consistently the best frita.”
421 W. 29th St., Hialeah, and 1821 SW Eighth St., Miami.
2. Bread & Butter Counter: “If you see the McFruffin on [the menu], get it.”
2330 Salzedo St., Coral Gables.
3. Cuban Guys: “They’ve created a really great frita, and you should really have a few.”
10801 Sunset Dr., Miami.
4. Morro Castle (Hialeah): “The site of where I had my first frita.”
1201 W. 44th Pl., Hialeah.
5. Morro Castle (Little Havana): “This is my Sunday frita.”
2500 NW Seventh St., Miami.
- Chefs named at new Miami restaurants Centro Taco, Laffa Mediterranean and Zest
- The List: Miami's best food with Sushi Maki's Abe Ng
- Miami's best burgers are getting fired up at Burger Brawl
- The List: Miami's best foods with Cantina La Veinte's Santiago Gómez
- La Embajada to open restaurant, coffee bar, music venue in Wynwood
- Tamarina hires exec chef from 'Best New Restaurant' winner Dolce
- Miami's most anticipated restaurants: Where are they now?
- Michelle Bernstein opens Cena by Michy in Miami's MiMo neighborhood
- Where to Treat Mom for Mother's Day
- The List: Miami's best bites with Sugarcane's Timon Balloo