What's the Best? 5 Fantastic Fritas Cubanas
Comfort-food blogger Burger Beast takes us through his Top 5 fritas.
For this week’s What’s the Best?, we turn to Miami comfort-food blogger Sef Gonzalez, aka Burger Beast. He keeps a running tab of the top Cuban-style fritas — seasoned cheeseburgers topped with shoestring potato fries — at burgerbeast.com.
Here are his current favorites:
1. El Rey de Las Fritas: “Consistently the best frita.”
421 W. 29th St., Hialeah, and 1821 SW Eighth St., Miami.
2. Bread & Butter Counter: “If you see the McFruffin on [the menu], get it.”
2330 Salzedo St., Coral Gables.
3. Cuban Guys: “They’ve created a really great frita, and you should really have a few.”
10801 Sunset Dr., Miami.
4. Morro Castle (Hialeah): “The site of where I had my first frita.”
1201 W. 44th Pl., Hialeah.
5. Morro Castle (Little Havana): “This is my Sunday frita.”
2500 NW Seventh St., Miami.
- These gourmet doughnuts are coming to Westchester
- No more standing outside: Salty Donut opens permanently Saturday
- There's art inside and outside of this Wywnood Brewing beer bottle
- Art Basel Eats: From Pop-ups to New Openings
- This man loves burgers so much he built a museum to them
- Their restaurants will be neighbors – so these top chefs cooked for each other
- Why ‘Top Chef’ brothers are opening their first restaurant together in Miami
- A Miami Book Fair event for 'Top Chef' fans, book lovers
- Forget cooking: Here's where to eat out for Thanksgiving
- Mignonette oyster dinner features Miami Book Fair author Rowan Jacobsen