What's the Best? 5 Fantastic Fritas Cubanas
Comfort-food blogger Burger Beast takes us through his Top 5 fritas.
For this week’s What’s the Best?, we turn to Miami comfort-food blogger Sef Gonzalez, aka Burger Beast. He keeps a running tab of the top Cuban-style fritas — seasoned cheeseburgers topped with shoestring potato fries — at burgerbeast.com.
Here are his current favorites:
1. El Rey de Las Fritas: “Consistently the best frita.”
421 W. 29th St., Hialeah, and 1821 SW Eighth St., Miami.
2. Bread & Butter Counter: “If you see the McFruffin on [the menu], get it.”
2330 Salzedo St., Coral Gables.
3. Cuban Guys: “They’ve created a really great frita, and you should really have a few.”
10801 Sunset Dr., Miami.
4. Morro Castle (Hialeah): “The site of where I had my first frita.”
1201 W. 44th Pl., Hialeah.
5. Morro Castle (Little Havana): “This is my Sunday frita.”
2500 NW Seventh St., Miami.
- How eating at a Miami Italian restaurant can aid Italy earthquake relief
- What chefs, authors the Miami Book Fair has for food lovers
- This renovated firehouse with two names has become a Brickell staple
- Miami's favorite croquetas by Yelpers in honor of Croquetapalooza
- 5 fun foodie activities to do with kids in Miami
- Wynwood businesses reopen after Zika scare
- Michy fans: Fried chicken is back
- Grandma's recipes play into new Estefan Kitchen
- This "clean eating" South Beach restaurant to open Brickell spot
- Croquetas get star treatment at Croquetapalooza