What's the Best? 5 Fantastic Fritas Cubanas
Comfort-food blogger Burger Beast takes us through his Top 5 fritas.
For this week’s What’s the Best?, we turn to Miami comfort-food blogger Sef Gonzalez, aka Burger Beast. He keeps a running tab of the top Cuban-style fritas — seasoned cheeseburgers topped with shoestring potato fries — at burgerbeast.com.
Here are his current favorites:
1. El Rey de Las Fritas: “Consistently the best frita.”
421 W. 29th St., Hialeah, and 1821 SW Eighth St., Miami.
2. Bread & Butter Counter: “If you see the McFruffin on [the menu], get it.”
2330 Salzedo St., Coral Gables.
3. Cuban Guys: “They’ve created a really great frita, and you should really have a few.”
10801 Sunset Dr., Miami.
4. Morro Castle (Hialeah): “The site of where I had my first frita.”
1201 W. 44th Pl., Hialeah.
5. Morro Castle (Little Havana): “This is my Sunday frita.”
2500 NW Seventh St., Miami.
- Zak the Baker closed, reopens Friday
- "Celebrity" status won't get you into Eating House's sold-out 4/20 dinner
- 10 New Restaurants Coming Soon to Downtown Doral
- Game of Thrones-inspired dishes at Beaker & Gray
- O, Miami poetry shows up in local food
- Two for one: Barley chef to open pizza pop up in Dadeland
- Balans restaurant owner found dead
- Which Miami seafood chef won last weekend's pork cooking competition?
- New menu for Raleigh Hotel restaurant
- This Miami chef was named Food & Wine best new chef