What's the Best? 5 Excellent Miami Restaurants
The five most recent restaurants to earn 'Excellent' 3.5-star Miami Herald reviews.
Miami Herald food critics haven’t awarded a 4-star (exceptional) restaurant review since February 2013 (Khong River House). This week’s 3.5-star (excellent) review of Oolite puts the Miami Beach restaurant in strong company. Besides Oolite, here are the five restaurants that most recently earned 3.5 stars.
1. The Forge “is like a classic movie you relish revisiting.” July.
432 41st St., Miami Beach. 305-538-8533, theforge.com
2. Josh’s Deli “is refreshingly un-trendy, putting out some of the very best food of its kind.” June.
9517 Harding Ave., Surfside. 305-397-8494, joshsdeli.com
3. Traymore “presents food that is appealing and approachable.” May.
2445 Collins Ave., Miami Beach (Metropolitan by COMO). 305-695-3600, comohotels.com
4. Michael Mina 74 “is a must on any food aficionado’s checklist.” January.
4441 Collins Ave. (Fontainebleau), Miami Beach. 305-674-4636, fontainebleau.com
5. Restaurant Michael Schwartz “accomplishes the rare hotel-restaurant feat of appealing to locals as well as tourists.” November ’13.
1775 Collins Ave. (The Raleigh), Miami Beach. 305-612-1163, raleighhotel.com
- The List: Miami's best bites with Sugarcane's Timon Balloo
- Joël Robuchon to open three restaurants in Miami's Design District
- The List: Finding Miami's best food with Quality Meats' Craig Koketsu
- Crust Pizza evolves into Crust Restaurant, opening this month in Miami
- 'Top Chef' alum Spike Mendelsohn to open Sunny's at The Hall hotel in South Beach
- The List: Miami's 10 best bites with chef Diego Oka of La Mar
- Porfirio's closes in South Beach, Señor Frog's opening delayed
- NYC's Sullivan Street Bakery to open in Miami
- The Fed in Miami brings back Crawdaddy Wednesdays
- The List: Miami's best dishes with Katsuya's Jose Icardi