What's the Best? 5 Excellent Miami Restaurants
The five most recent restaurants to earn 'Excellent' 3.5-star Miami Herald reviews.
Miami Herald food critics haven’t awarded a 4-star (exceptional) restaurant review since February 2013 (Khong River House). This week’s 3.5-star (excellent) review of Oolite puts the Miami Beach restaurant in strong company. Besides Oolite, here are the five restaurants that most recently earned 3.5 stars.
1. The Forge “is like a classic movie you relish revisiting.” July.
432 41st St., Miami Beach. 305-538-8533, theforge.com
2. Josh’s Deli “is refreshingly un-trendy, putting out some of the very best food of its kind.” June.
9517 Harding Ave., Surfside. 305-397-8494, joshsdeli.com
3. Traymore “presents food that is appealing and approachable.” May.
2445 Collins Ave., Miami Beach (Metropolitan by COMO). 305-695-3600, comohotels.com
4. Michael Mina 74 “is a must on any food aficionado’s checklist.” January.
4441 Collins Ave. (Fontainebleau), Miami Beach. 305-674-4636, fontainebleau.com
5. Restaurant Michael Schwartz “accomplishes the rare hotel-restaurant feat of appealing to locals as well as tourists.” November ’13.
1775 Collins Ave. (The Raleigh), Miami Beach. 305-612-1163, raleighhotel.com
- South Beach sushi pop-up Prey puts invasive species on the menu at 1 Hotel & Homes
- The List: 10 best Miami foods with Batch Gastropub's Kevin Danilo
- 2 new Coral Gables restaurants opening this week: Trust & Co. and Ichimi
- Worth the drive: Clay Conley opens Grato restaurant in West Palm Beach
- A Top Chef's 10 favorite foods in Miami
- Former Zuma chef, manager to open KYU restaurant in Wynwood
- Kris Wessel to open barbecue joint in Miami's Little Haiti
- Is it worth it? Quality Meats Miami Beach debuts $64 Chicken Parm Pizza
- The List: 10 best South Florida restaurants according to Rick Mijares
- The List: A Ritz-Carlton chef's top Fort Lauderdale restaurants