What's the Best? 5 Excellent Miami Restaurants
The five most recent restaurants to earn 'Excellent' 3.5-star Miami Herald reviews.
Miami Herald food critics haven’t awarded a 4-star (exceptional) restaurant review since February 2013 (Khong River House). This week’s 3.5-star (excellent) review of Oolite puts the Miami Beach restaurant in strong company. Besides Oolite, here are the five restaurants that most recently earned 3.5 stars.
1. The Forge “is like a classic movie you relish revisiting.” July.
432 41st St., Miami Beach. 305-538-8533, theforge.com
2. Josh’s Deli “is refreshingly un-trendy, putting out some of the very best food of its kind.” June.
9517 Harding Ave., Surfside. 305-397-8494, joshsdeli.com
3. Traymore “presents food that is appealing and approachable.” May.
2445 Collins Ave., Miami Beach (Metropolitan by COMO). 305-695-3600, comohotels.com
4. Michael Mina 74 “is a must on any food aficionado’s checklist.” January.
4441 Collins Ave. (Fontainebleau), Miami Beach. 305-674-4636, fontainebleau.com
5. Restaurant Michael Schwartz “accomplishes the rare hotel-restaurant feat of appealing to locals as well as tourists.” November ’13.
1775 Collins Ave. (The Raleigh), Miami Beach. 305-612-1163, raleighhotel.com
- A barbecued grilled cheese with Heat -- Miami Heat, that is
- Here's why you should call Dolores ... Miami Smokers for the summer
- We ordered free ice cream from UberEATS. Here's what happened
- South of Spice dining event is a luxurious taste of South Beach
- These 9 Miami food and cocktail events are so good we can't pick just one
- Why this chef wants to bring fine dining to Cuba
- Uber will bring you free ice cream Friday
- Miami Chefs Taking Their Talents to Casa de Campo For a Weekend
- How this Indian restaurant is raising the foodie game in Kendall
- How you can get your gourmet doughnut fix in Miami Beach