What's the Best? 5 Excellent Miami Restaurants
The five most recent restaurants to earn 'Excellent' 3.5-star Miami Herald reviews.
Miami Herald food critics haven’t awarded a 4-star (exceptional) restaurant review since February 2013 (Khong River House). This week’s 3.5-star (excellent) review of Oolite puts the Miami Beach restaurant in strong company. Besides Oolite, here are the five restaurants that most recently earned 3.5 stars.
1. The Forge “is like a classic movie you relish revisiting.” July.
432 41st St., Miami Beach. 305-538-8533, theforge.com
2. Josh’s Deli “is refreshingly un-trendy, putting out some of the very best food of its kind.” June.
9517 Harding Ave., Surfside. 305-397-8494, joshsdeli.com
3. Traymore “presents food that is appealing and approachable.” May.
2445 Collins Ave., Miami Beach (Metropolitan by COMO). 305-695-3600, comohotels.com
4. Michael Mina 74 “is a must on any food aficionado’s checklist.” January.
4441 Collins Ave. (Fontainebleau), Miami Beach. 305-674-4636, fontainebleau.com
5. Restaurant Michael Schwartz “accomplishes the rare hotel-restaurant feat of appealing to locals as well as tourists.” November ’13.
1775 Collins Ave. (The Raleigh), Miami Beach. 305-612-1163, raleighhotel.com
- The List: Casa D'Angelo's Angelo Elia
- South Beach openings: Soho Bay, David's Cafe, a new Dewey's, Bodega, Chicken Kitchen, La Savina
- Dewey LoSasso to run new restaurant at Schnebly Winery and Miami Brewing Co.
- American Social now open in Brickell
- Cibo Wine Bar expands to South Beach
- Top 10 most popular Miami food/drink places on Instagram in 2014
- The List: The Dutch's Conor Hanlon
- Stephen Starr to open second restaurant in Bal Harbour
- Philly diner Green Eggs Cafe opens in Aventura
- New restaurants add to Doral's food options