What's the Best? 5 Excellent Miami Restaurants
The five most recent restaurants to earn 'Excellent' 3.5-star Miami Herald reviews.
Miami Herald food critics haven’t awarded a 4-star (exceptional) restaurant review since February 2013 (Khong River House). This week’s 3.5-star (excellent) review of Oolite puts the Miami Beach restaurant in strong company. Besides Oolite, here are the five restaurants that most recently earned 3.5 stars.
1. The Forge “is like a classic movie you relish revisiting.” July.
432 41st St., Miami Beach. 305-538-8533, theforge.com
2. Josh’s Deli “is refreshingly un-trendy, putting out some of the very best food of its kind.” June.
9517 Harding Ave., Surfside. 305-397-8494, joshsdeli.com
3. Traymore “presents food that is appealing and approachable.” May.
2445 Collins Ave., Miami Beach (Metropolitan by COMO). 305-695-3600, comohotels.com
4. Michael Mina 74 “is a must on any food aficionado’s checklist.” January.
4441 Collins Ave. (Fontainebleau), Miami Beach. 305-674-4636, fontainebleau.com
5. Restaurant Michael Schwartz “accomplishes the rare hotel-restaurant feat of appealing to locals as well as tourists.” November ’13.
1775 Collins Ave. (The Raleigh), Miami Beach. 305-612-1163, raleighhotel.com
- Doubling down: Chefs Jeff McInnis and Janine Booth to open second Miami Beach restaurant
- The List: 10 best Miami restaurants with Sugar Factory's chef
- Miami food events: Pubbelly gets fishy, Vagabond chef Alex Chang cooks at Fooq's
- 9 new Asian restaurants in Miami and Miami Beach
- 5 restaurant openings to know about in Miami and Fort Lauderdale
- Miami's 10 best restaurants with chef Jimmy Carey of Jimmy'z Kitchen
- 51 restaurants serving Thanksgiving in Miami and Fort Lauderdale
- Taste of Design gala is Saturday at the Moore Building in Miami
- Miami's 10 best restaurants with chef Makoto Okuwa
- Giveaway: Win tickets to Savor the Season party in Brickell