What's the Best? 5 Cool Ice Cream Shops
Five places to scoop up a cone or cup of your favorite flavor.
Here’s where we go to cool out with a cone or cup of ice cream (and our favorite flavors):
1. The Frieze.
The Heat’s Chris Bosh inspired a peanut butter ice cream base mixed with housemade fudge and chocolate chips.
1626 Michigan Ave., Miami Beach. thefrieze.com
The guava-kissed Abuela Maria is excellent, but we can’t resist the creamy goodness of Azucar’s avocado ice cream.
1503 SW Eighth St., Miami. azucaricecream.com
3. Yo Mama’s.
The popcorn ice cream is like a trip to the movie theater, if the showing were in Alaska.
901 Sunrise Ln., Fort Lauderdale. yomamasicecream.com
Dulce de leche made with Cuban coffee and supercooled with liquid nitrogen is our go-to.
17831 Biscayne Blvd., Aventura, and 8271 SW 124th St., Pinecrest. chillnicecream.com
5. Wall’s Old Fashioned.
In the winter, Wall’s seasonal eggnog flavor is outstanding; this time of year, go for the refreshing raspberry sorbet.
8075 SW 67th Ave., Miami. wallsicecreamfl.com
- Michelle Bernstein's kitchen team comes together at new Michy's
- The List: Miami's best food with Barceloneta's Juliana Gonzalez
- The List: Top bites in Miami with Finka's Eileen Andrade
- Chef Danny Grant and John Kunkel's 50 Eggs part ways
- Guess where we're eating, win tickets to see Robert Irvine Live
- New Spanish restaurant Piripi to open March 30 in Coral Gables
- Taste of Tennis to pair pro players and Miami chefs
- Bombay Darbar moving to bigger space in Coconut Grove
- The List: Eating in Miami with Azul chef William Crandall
- Texas de Brazil, Basil Thai now open at Dadeland Mall