What's the Best? 5 Cool Ice Cream Shops
Five places to scoop up a cone or cup of your favorite flavor.
Here’s where we go to cool out with a cone or cup of ice cream (and our favorite flavors):
1. The Frieze.
The Heat’s Chris Bosh inspired a peanut butter ice cream base mixed with housemade fudge and chocolate chips.
1626 Michigan Ave., Miami Beach. thefrieze.com
The guava-kissed Abuela Maria is excellent, but we can’t resist the creamy goodness of Azucar’s avocado ice cream.
1503 SW Eighth St., Miami. azucaricecream.com
3. Yo Mama’s.
The popcorn ice cream is like a trip to the movie theater, if the showing were in Alaska.
901 Sunrise Ln., Fort Lauderdale. yomamasicecream.com
Dulce de leche made with Cuban coffee and supercooled with liquid nitrogen is our go-to.
17831 Biscayne Blvd., Aventura, and 8271 SW 124th St., Pinecrest. chillnicecream.com
5. Wall’s Old Fashioned.
In the winter, Wall’s seasonal eggnog flavor is outstanding; this time of year, go for the refreshing raspberry sorbet.
8075 SW 67th Ave., Miami. wallsicecreamfl.com
- Kitchen changes at Miami Beach restaurants The Dutch and Essensia
- Stephen Starr's The Continental opens in Miami Beach
- The List: Miami's best foods according to BLT Prime chef Dustin Ward
- Klima debuts paella brunch in South Beach
- Oolite closes kitchen amid eviction proceedings from Miami Beach
- The List: Miami's best foods according to Spiga's Saele Cantoni
- DIRT restaurant to boast clean eating in South Beach
- Gastro moves: GastroPod closes at Aventura Mall, Gastrobar opens in Sunny Isles
- The List: Miami's best bites with Soho Bay's Ricky Sauri
- Jugofresh to open healthy pop-up restaurant in South Beach