What's the Best? 5 Cool Ice Cream Shops
Five places to scoop up a cone or cup of your favorite flavor.
Here’s where we go to cool out with a cone or cup of ice cream (and our favorite flavors):
1. The Frieze.
The Heat’s Chris Bosh inspired a peanut butter ice cream base mixed with housemade fudge and chocolate chips.
1626 Michigan Ave., Miami Beach. thefrieze.com
The guava-kissed Abuela Maria is excellent, but we can’t resist the creamy goodness of Azucar’s avocado ice cream.
1503 SW Eighth St., Miami. azucaricecream.com
3. Yo Mama’s.
The popcorn ice cream is like a trip to the movie theater, if the showing were in Alaska.
901 Sunrise Ln., Fort Lauderdale. yomamasicecream.com
Dulce de leche made with Cuban coffee and supercooled with liquid nitrogen is our go-to.
17831 Biscayne Blvd., Aventura, and 8271 SW 124th St., Pinecrest. chillnicecream.com
5. Wall’s Old Fashioned.
In the winter, Wall’s seasonal eggnog flavor is outstanding; this time of year, go for the refreshing raspberry sorbet.
8075 SW 67th Ave., Miami. wallsicecreamfl.com
- Burger Beast's Croquetapalooza to showcase one of Miami's favorite comfort foods
- What's the Best? 5 Choice Cheese Shops in Miami and Broward
- Pubbelly goes vegan Oct 2
- Eat well & do good at OTC Sept 22
- Updated: Miami restaurant openings, closings and more
- Miami's Best Pizza to close after 44 years in Coral Gables
- Miami food to star on Bravo's 'Best New Restaurant'
- What's the Best? 5 Miami Coffee Shops
- Truffles and caviar on menu at Haven craft beer dinner in Miami Beach
- Interactive brunch benefits United Way of Miami-Dade