What's the Best? 5 Cool Ice Cream Shops
Five places to scoop up a cone or cup of your favorite flavor.
Here’s where we go to cool out with a cone or cup of ice cream (and our favorite flavors):
1. The Frieze.
The Heat’s Chris Bosh inspired a peanut butter ice cream base mixed with housemade fudge and chocolate chips.
1626 Michigan Ave., Miami Beach. thefrieze.com
The guava-kissed Abuela Maria is excellent, but we can’t resist the creamy goodness of Azucar’s avocado ice cream.
1503 SW Eighth St., Miami. azucaricecream.com
3. Yo Mama’s.
The popcorn ice cream is like a trip to the movie theater, if the showing were in Alaska.
901 Sunrise Ln., Fort Lauderdale. yomamasicecream.com
Dulce de leche made with Cuban coffee and supercooled with liquid nitrogen is our go-to.
17831 Biscayne Blvd., Aventura, and 8271 SW 124th St., Pinecrest. chillnicecream.com
5. Wall’s Old Fashioned.
In the winter, Wall’s seasonal eggnog flavor is outstanding; this time of year, go for the refreshing raspberry sorbet.
8075 SW 67th Ave., Miami. wallsicecreamfl.com
- Dale Talde's top 10 things to eat in Miami
- South Beach sushi pop-up Prey puts invasive species on the menu at 1 Hotel & Homes
- The List: 10 best Miami foods with Batch Gastropub's Kevin Danilo
- 2 new Coral Gables restaurants opening this week: Trust & Co. and Ichimi
- Worth the drive: Clay Conley opens Grato restaurant in West Palm Beach
- A Top Chef's 10 favorite foods in Miami
- Former Zuma chef, manager to open KYU restaurant in Wynwood
- Kris Wessel to open barbecue joint in Miami's Little Haiti
- Is it worth it? Quality Meats Miami Beach debuts $64 Chicken Parm Pizza
- The List: 10 best South Florida restaurants according to Rick Mijares