What we’re checking out this week
Don’t miss the real star of the Real Housewives of Miami and self proclaimed witch Elsa Carreras Patton on Watch What Happens Live with Andy Cohen at 11 p.m. Tuesday ...
GK Hair’s Keratin treatment is a must for any South Floridians who have trouble with frizz. Available at Brownes & Co, Nue Studio, Paula’s Hair Salon and Frank Provost, the treatment locks in hair color, reduces styling time, creates shine, detangles and straightens unruly curls. After your treatment, you’ll want to keep your hair looking glam with GK’s shampoo, conditioner and serum. www.gkhair.com
Just in time for the Sony Ericsson tournament, Lacoste has developed a new cologne inspired by tennis pro Andy Roddick. A masculine scent, Lacoste Essential is a mix of tangerine, bergamot, rose, black pepper, sandalwood, patchouli and wood accord. It’s a must for any athlete. Lacoste Essential Eau de Toilette Spray retails for $52 and is available at Macy’s.
You’ll need something in your tummy before hitting the beach on Sundays. The Forge has launched its weekly brunch which pairs Dewey LoSasso’s “progressive American” cuisine with unlimited mimosas and a bloody Mary bar. Invest $55 per adult and enjoy a grand tasting table for self-service starters and your choice of one of 15 entrée options. Starters include ricotta-berry blintzes, oak-grilled turkey sausage and vanilla yogurt and berries while entrées include truffle-topped mac & cheese, egg white frittata, steak & eggs and Angus short rib pot pie.
Valerie Nahmad Schimel, Juan Lopez and Micaela Hood
On Our Radar
- One Direction loves Florida, records concert special
- Celebrity spotting in Miami
- What did most Miamians search for in 2014?
- See Fort Lauderdale native Jason Kennedy tie the knot
- Fleetwood Mac drummer Mick Fleetwood showcases his photography
- Ne-Yo plays Santa Claus in Kendall
- Rosario Dawson in Miami to talk new movie
- Diner en Blanc lands on Miami Beach
- Annie stars in Miami
- Shakira's mansion reportedly back on the market