What Not to Wear star Stacy London coming to Books and Books
She'll give fashion advice
Meet the one and only Stacy London at a signing for her book The Truth About Style (Viking, $32.95) Monday, October 8, at 2 p.m. at Books & Books, Bal Harbour Shops in collaboration with Neiman Marcus.
With her talent for seeing past disastrous wardrobes to the core emotional issues that caused these sartorial crises, style savant London has transformed not only the looks but also the lives of hundreds of guests who have appeared on TLC's What Not to Wear. Typical quote:
"Fashion is for followers who march in lockstep. Personal style, on the other hand, means listening to beat of your own heart.” London is not your typical lollipop head. she suffered from severe psoriasis. In The Truth About Style, London shares her own often painful history (In college, she became anorexic and by the time she began at Vogue, London’s weight had doubled) and her philosophy of the healing power of personal style.
On Our Radar
- Glamorous red carpet for Miss Universe
- Amber Rose makes a splash in Miami
- Shannen Doherty talks new reality show
- Brazilian soccer star keeps the party going
- Joanna Krupa suing fellow Housewives star
- Magic Johnson at book appearance
- Justin Bieber misses another hearing
- Local attorney helps Linda Hogan
- Geraldine Chaplin to make rare appearance
- Sports Illustrated swimsuit cover model Nina Agdal shares exercise tips for the new year