What Not to Wear star Stacy London coming to Books and Books
She'll give fashion advice
Meet the one and only Stacy London at a signing for her book The Truth About Style (Viking, $32.95) Monday, October 8, at 2 p.m. at Books & Books, Bal Harbour Shops in collaboration with Neiman Marcus.
With her talent for seeing past disastrous wardrobes to the core emotional issues that caused these sartorial crises, style savant London has transformed not only the looks but also the lives of hundreds of guests who have appeared on TLC's What Not to Wear. Typical quote:
"Fashion is for followers who march in lockstep. Personal style, on the other hand, means listening to beat of your own heart.” London is not your typical lollipop head. she suffered from severe psoriasis. In The Truth About Style, London shares her own often painful history (In college, she became anorexic and by the time she began at Vogue, London’s weight had doubled) and her philosophy of the healing power of personal style.
On Our Radar
- Glades star Jordan Wall to appear at fundraiser
- Score tickets for concert at Microsoft store opening
- Will and Jaden Smith get photobombed at Heat game
- Luis Fonsi is engaged to model Agueda López
- Wendy Williams giving out advice at Books and Books
- Kris Humphries swarmed by fans in Miami Beach
- New Disney store to open at Bayside Marketplace
- Cat Daddy Jackson Galaxy coming to Books and Books
- Michael Schwartz goes family style at The Raleigh
- Bryan Adams to perform at Olympia Theater