What Not to Wear star Stacy London coming to Books and Books
She'll give fashion advice
Meet the one and only Stacy London at a signing for her book The Truth About Style (Viking, $32.95) Monday, October 8, at 2 p.m. at Books & Books, Bal Harbour Shops in collaboration with Neiman Marcus.
With her talent for seeing past disastrous wardrobes to the core emotional issues that caused these sartorial crises, style savant London has transformed not only the looks but also the lives of hundreds of guests who have appeared on TLC's What Not to Wear. Typical quote:
"Fashion is for followers who march in lockstep. Personal style, on the other hand, means listening to beat of your own heart.” London is not your typical lollipop head. she suffered from severe psoriasis. In The Truth About Style, London shares her own often painful history (In college, she became anorexic and by the time she began at Vogue, London’s weight had doubled) and her philosophy of the healing power of personal style.
On Our Radar
- Christina Milian models in Miami Beach
- What's up with Ryan Tannehill's mega contract?
- Instacart: An easier way to get groceries?
- Tony Romo eats his way through Miami
- Phil Collins in town
- Adrian Grenier guest of honor at magazine party
- Kings of Chaos at Hard Rock Live
- Joe Pepitone biopic penned by local screenwriters
- Talking to Beyonce's fitness guru Marco Borges
- Condo dwellers affected by Jonah Hill movie