What it looks like to ride a float off the ramp at Red Bull Flugtag Miami 2012
Take a ride on a float, off a 30-foot high ramp and into Biscayne Bay
Ever wonder what it looks like to be on one of those homemade flying machines that roll off the ramp and into Biscayne Bay during Red Bull Flugtag?
Watch the video above and get a taste, as our test pilot - Christine B. - takes a proud Orange Man float for a test flight into the water below. (Video by Tomas Loewy.)
Beginning at noon on Saturday, Nov. 3 Bayfront Park will transform into an air strip as Red Bull Flugtag makes its way back to Miami.
Thirty teams have built their homemade, innovative flying crafts, and were selected to enter the contest. So in front of an expected crowd of 85,000 in downtown Miami each team will roll it’s craft off a 30-foot ramp and see who can fly the furthest before landing in the waters of Biscayne Bay. (Flugtag is German for "Flying Day")
For more on Red Bull Flugtag Miami 2012, click here.
See and Do
- Bayfront Park hosts tree lighting event to kick off holiday season
- Momix will perform and teach a master class at Broward Center
- 17 Fun Things to Do This Holiday Week: Nov 23-29
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami this weekend - Nov. 20-22
- ‘Newsies’ dances its way back to South Florida with a charming leading man
- Some Miami Book Fair events of note (in a weekend of hundreds)
- Miami Book Fair, a literary cornucopia, kicks off
- Give Miami Day, Nov. 19, is a chance to support Miami charities
- 15 things to do with the kids this week: Munchkin Fun's Top Picks
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami this weekend - Nov. 13-15