What it looks like to ride a float off the ramp at Red Bull Flugtag Miami 2012
Take a ride on a float, off a 30-foot high ramp and into Biscayne Bay
Ever wonder what it looks like to be on one of those homemade flying machines that roll off the ramp and into Biscayne Bay during Red Bull Flugtag?
Watch the video above and get a taste, as our test pilot - Christine B. - takes a proud Orange Man float for a test flight into the water below. (Video by Tomas Loewy.)
Beginning at noon on Saturday, Nov. 3 Bayfront Park will transform into an air strip as Red Bull Flugtag makes its way back to Miami.
Thirty teams have built their homemade, innovative flying crafts, and were selected to enter the contest. So in front of an expected crowd of 85,000 in downtown Miami each team will roll it’s craft off a 30-foot ramp and see who can fly the furthest before landing in the waters of Biscayne Bay. (Flugtag is German for "Flying Day")
For more on Red Bull Flugtag Miami 2012, click here.
See and Do
- Seaon of the Arts: Top theater events of 2014-15
- Disney on ice, mini camps & specialty crafts - Munchkin Fun's picks for the week
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - Sept. 19-21
- Pop-Up Parks Sprout in Downtown Miami Parking Spaces on Friday
- Port-au-Prince Jazz fest comes to Little Haiti Cultural Center
- Flamenco legend Antonio Canales performs with 'Siudy Between Worlds' at the Arsht Center
- Disney's 'Worlds of Fantasy' skates into Miami
- Pigs Do Fly's 'Fifty Plus: A New Attitude' at Empire Stage brings a new batch of short plays
- Disney on Ice giveaways, kids cooking & freebie fun: Munchkin Fun's top picks for the week
- PAMM hosts monthly Free Second Saturdays event