What it looks like to ride a float off the ramp at Red Bull Flugtag Miami 2012
Take a ride on a float, off a 30-foot high ramp and into Biscayne Bay
Ever wonder what it looks like to be on one of those homemade flying machines that roll off the ramp and into Biscayne Bay during Red Bull Flugtag?
Watch the video above and get a taste, as our test pilot - Christine B. - takes a proud Orange Man float for a test flight into the water below. (Video by Tomas Loewy.)
Beginning at noon on Saturday, Nov. 3 Bayfront Park will transform into an air strip as Red Bull Flugtag makes its way back to Miami.
Thirty teams have built their homemade, innovative flying crafts, and were selected to enter the contest. So in front of an expected crowd of 85,000 in downtown Miami each team will roll it’s craft off a 30-foot ramp and see who can fly the furthest before landing in the waters of Biscayne Bay. (Flugtag is German for "Flying Day")
For more on Red Bull Flugtag Miami 2012, click here.
See and Do
- The 5 biggest lies about Miami traffic
- Miami Bike Paths Guide
- Florida Supercon 2016
- Free and cheap events in Miami this weekend
- 6 Best Things To Do Inside in Miami When It's Hot as Balls Outside
- Planning Your Girlfriend Getaway in Miami
- Five ways to punish Miami drivers who keep plowing through the poles to get to the I-95 express lanes
- 15 cultural events in Miami you can't miss - June 16-30
- 13 hot events in Miami in July 2016
- Fourth of July Guide: Where to watch fireworks in South Florida on July 4