What it looks like to ride a float off the ramp at Red Bull Flugtag Miami 2012
Take a ride on a float, off a 30-foot high ramp and into Biscayne Bay
Ever wonder what it looks like to be on one of those homemade flying machines that roll off the ramp and into Biscayne Bay during Red Bull Flugtag?
Watch the video above and get a taste, as our test pilot - Christine B. - takes a proud Orange Man float for a test flight into the water below. (Video by Tomas Loewy.)
Beginning at noon on Saturday, Nov. 3 Bayfront Park will transform into an air strip as Red Bull Flugtag makes its way back to Miami.
Thirty teams have built their homemade, innovative flying crafts, and were selected to enter the contest. So in front of an expected crowd of 85,000 in downtown Miami each team will roll it’s craft off a 30-foot ramp and see who can fly the furthest before landing in the waters of Biscayne Bay. (Flugtag is German for "Flying Day")
For more on Red Bull Flugtag Miami 2012, click here.
See and Do
- 4 Not-So-Scary Halloween Events in Orlando
- These are the free and cheap events you can't miss in Miami this weekend - Oct. 28-30
- A Runner’s Guide To Miami
- Halloween events for families, fitness freaks and just plain freaks
- Discover Miami's Historic MiMo District on Biscayne Boulevard
- Little Haiti's galleries, shops and bars
- Discover Miami's Little Haiti neighbhorhood
- He was told as a boy he'd have to go to a deaf school—but he grew up to help make the music to Hamilton
- Las Olas Art Fair takes over the streets of Fort Lauderdale this weekend
- Coral Gables Hispanic Cultural Festival takes over the streets of City Beautiful