What it looks like to ride a float off the ramp at Red Bull Flugtag Miami 2012
Take a ride on a float, off a 30-foot high ramp and into Biscayne Bay
Ever wonder what it looks like to be on one of those homemade flying machines that roll off the ramp and into Biscayne Bay during Red Bull Flugtag?
Watch the video above and get a taste, as our test pilot - Christine B. - takes a proud Orange Man float for a test flight into the water below. (Video by Tomas Loewy.)
Beginning at noon on Saturday, Nov. 3 Bayfront Park will transform into an air strip as Red Bull Flugtag makes its way back to Miami.
Thirty teams have built their homemade, innovative flying crafts, and were selected to enter the contest. So in front of an expected crowd of 85,000 in downtown Miami each team will roll it’s craft off a 30-foot ramp and see who can fly the furthest before landing in the waters of Biscayne Bay. (Flugtag is German for "Flying Day")
For more on Red Bull Flugtag Miami 2012, click here.
See and Do
- 5 kinds of guys you'll wind up meeting in Miami's dating scene
- Friends of The Underline hosts #PokemonGoUnderline social media contest
- So you think you can dance? Prove it on National Dance Day with the Miami City Ballet
- 7 things you must taste when in Miami
- 9 Instagram-Worthy Photo Opps in Miami
- 10 free and cheap events in Miami this weekend - July 22-24
- Things we discovered on a 74-mile car trip on the Tamiami Trail from Miami to Naples
- Finding craft beer at Miami sports venues
- 9 events you can't miss in Miami - August 2016
- 9 weird things you see in Miami