What it looks like to ride a float off the ramp at Red Bull Flugtag Miami 2012
Take a ride on a float, off a 30-foot high ramp and into Biscayne Bay
Ever wonder what it looks like to be on one of those homemade flying machines that roll off the ramp and into Biscayne Bay during Red Bull Flugtag?
Watch the video above and get a taste, as our test pilot - Christine B. - takes a proud Orange Man float for a test flight into the water below. (Video by Tomas Loewy.)
Beginning at noon on Saturday, Nov. 3 Bayfront Park will transform into an air strip as Red Bull Flugtag makes its way back to Miami.
Thirty teams have built their homemade, innovative flying crafts, and were selected to enter the contest. So in front of an expected crowd of 85,000 in downtown Miami each team will roll it’s craft off a 30-foot ramp and see who can fly the furthest before landing in the waters of Biscayne Bay. (Flugtag is German for "Flying Day")
For more on Red Bull Flugtag Miami 2012, click here.
See and Do
- What to do with kids in Miami June 17-23
- Cesar Millan, the Dog Whisperer, in Miami Beach to show us how to be the alpha dog
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - June 14-16
- Redland Summer Fruit Festival offers sweet and juicy fun in South Dade
- What to do with kids in Miami June 10-16
- Barefoot Wine Beach Rescue Project
- Big Gus of Spike TV's "Tattoo Nightmares" brings the ink to Miami's TattooLaPalooza
- Sky Riders at Miami Seaquarium
- Dino Island returns to the Miami Children's Museum
- City Theatre's ‘Summer Shorts’ returns to the Arsht Center