What to drink when you are watching your weight
Miami Cocktail Company has low cal bevs
Love cocktails but hate the guilt? Miami Cocktail Company may be for you.
The local brand is getting known for its artisanal alcoholic drinks with with neither carbs nor sugar. Add to that: They don't have sodium, gluten, additives, preservatives or artificial flavors either. The first in the low-calorie ready-to-serve drink line are Piña Colada and Old Time Sweet Tea, which both scream glam picnic with their old school bottles. Don't think they don't have bite: all contain 15% premium top-shelf alcohol but only 37 calories per serving. The makers say both are best served over ice. For an extra homemade touch, squeeze a fresh lemon over the Old Time Sweet Tea and pour the Piña Colada into a clear pitcher over ice, with fresh pineapple and a few cherries.
Info: $14.99 a bottle; to find a retailer go to www.miamicocktail.com or join Miami Cocktail Company on Facebook for offers and news. Also available at Vintage Liquors.
On Our Radar
- Fleetwood Mac drummer Mick Fleetwood showcases his photography
- Ne-Yo plays Santa Claus in Kendall
- Rosario Dawson in Miami to talk new movie
- Diner en Blanc lands on Miami Beach
- Annie stars in Miami
- Shakira's mansion reportedly back on the market
- Owen Wilson: I heart Miami
- Kim Bokamper to retire
- A Quick Q&A with Speedster Usain Bolt
- Where's Leo? DiCaprio makes the rounds at Art Basel