What to drink when you are watching your weight
Miami Cocktail Company has low cal bevs
Love cocktails but hate the guilt? Miami Cocktail Company may be for you.
The local brand is getting known for its artisanal alcoholic drinks with with neither carbs nor sugar. Add to that: They don't have sodium, gluten, additives, preservatives or artificial flavors either. The first in the low-calorie ready-to-serve drink line are Piña Colada and Old Time Sweet Tea, which both scream glam picnic with their old school bottles. Don't think they don't have bite: all contain 15% premium top-shelf alcohol but only 37 calories per serving. The makers say both are best served over ice. For an extra homemade touch, squeeze a fresh lemon over the Old Time Sweet Tea and pour the Piña Colada into a clear pitcher over ice, with fresh pineapple and a few cherries.
Info: $14.99 a bottle; to find a retailer go to www.miamicocktail.com or join Miami Cocktail Company on Facebook for offers and news. Also available at Vintage Liquors.
On Our Radar
- Miami Beach, Miami Gardens among nation’s most dangerous suburbs
- Old Spice Guy Isaiah Mustafa spreads the love
- Will Smith seen relaxing at Zuma
- Local designer wins Lifetime's 'Under the Gunn'
- 'House of Cards' star Kevin Spacey dines out
- Austin Mahone celebrates 18th birthday
- Miracle Myles: Myles Chefetz's South of Fifth takeover continues with Prime Private
- Fashion designer Ariana Rockefeller at Alene Too
- Rafael Nadal spends time in presidential suite
- Mayim Bialik is a geek and plays one on TV