What to drink when you are watching your weight
Miami Cocktail Company has low cal bevs
Love cocktails but hate the guilt? Miami Cocktail Company may be for you.
The local brand is getting known for its artisanal alcoholic drinks with with neither carbs nor sugar. Add to that: They don't have sodium, gluten, additives, preservatives or artificial flavors either. The first in the low-calorie ready-to-serve drink line are Piña Colada and Old Time Sweet Tea, which both scream glam picnic with their old school bottles. Don't think they don't have bite: all contain 15% premium top-shelf alcohol but only 37 calories per serving. The makers say both are best served over ice. For an extra homemade touch, squeeze a fresh lemon over the Old Time Sweet Tea and pour the Piña Colada into a clear pitcher over ice, with fresh pineapple and a few cherries.
Info: $14.99 a bottle; to find a retailer go to www.miamicocktail.com or join Miami Cocktail Company on Facebook for offers and news. Also available at Vintage Liquors.
On Our Radar
- Justin Bieber settles paparazzo lawsuit
- Sara Bareilles to headline gala
- Boca Raton's Ariana Grande splits from rapper
- Bryan "Birdman" Williams pays up
- Luis Miguel takes a bath in real estate deal
- Michael Buble's Instagram post criticized
- Estefans’ star search is over for ‘On Your Feet’
- Artist Romero Britto sues Apple
- Dave Chappelle parties, Bow Wow holds court
- Mario Lopez serves as grand marshal at Miami Beach Gay Pride parade