What to do with kids in Miami Sept 10-16
What to do with kids in Miami Sept 10-16: MunchkinFun.com's top weekly picks
Get out of the house & have some fun this week with Munchkin Fun's top picks. Sign up for our newsletter & visit MunchkinFun.com daily for up-to-the-minute events, classes & family-friendly fun throughout South Florida.
Ease into a new week with free burgers & fries courtesy of Munchkin Fun Mondays at EVOS Pinecrest, explore the Girl Scout flower garden in Palmetto Bay, get courtside with a free tennis playday in the Grove, skate onto the ice with Disney on Ice at the AA Arena or decorate vegan cupcakes with your munchkin.
Find Baby Nurse Bliss
You're postpartum, exhausted & overwhelmed. Been there? A baby nurse can be a new parent's best friend, but finding the right fit can be tricky. We chatted with the expert - Melissa Turowsky, founder of RateYourBabyNurse.com, gives us all the details - what to look for, how to hire and how to make the most of the experience.
It's a great week to brush up on parenting basics. Find support in a Midtown or South Miami new mom group, join a free University of Miami parenting group in Doral or explore munchkin values and character development in a Beth David parenting seminar.
Rock out a mommy & me fun dance, make your munchkin's day at Miami Children's Hospital's character breakfast, play for free at Deering Estate, feast on artisan goodies in the Gables, BBQ at the Gold Coast Railroad Museum or get bookish with Kevin Henkes.
See and Do
- Discover Miami's Little Haiti neighbhorhood
- He was told as a boy he'd have to go to a deaf school—but he grew up to help make the music to Hamilton
- Las Olas Art Fair takes over the streets of Fort Lauderdale this weekend
- Coral Gables Hispanic Cultural Festival takes over the streets of City Beautiful
- 5 reasons you should check out the Mammography Art Initiative in Wynwood this weekend
- 7 free and cheap events in Miami this weekend - Oct. 21-23
- Miami's cultural itinerary courtesy of Prism Creative Group - Oct. 16-31
- Find your happy place at the Modern Life Mindfulness Festival
- Grovetoberfest Celebrates Six Years of Craft Beer
- Can this Miami political roast Make America Laugh Again? Let's hope so