What to do with kids in Miami Oct 8-14
What to do with kids in Miami Oct 8-14: MunchkinFun.com's top weekly picks
Get out of the house & have some fun this week with Munchkin Fun's top picks. Sign up for our newsletter & visit MunchkinFun.com daily for up-to-the-minute events, classes & family-friendly fun throughout South Florida. New week, new fun! Check out our American Girl sneak peak, enter our doll giveaway and stay updated on giveaways, news & events via Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest.
Get School Savvy
Starting to think about school for your munchkin? Early childhood education is a lasting gift, but finding the right fit can be overwhelming. We spoke with Temple Beth Am Day School about 10 things to look for in an early childhood program (your new must-keep list!). The details might surprise you...
It's a great week to nurture experienced & budding readers. Score your little one's first library card, check out some of our favorite kids books, explore one of our favorite bookstores or treat munchkins to storytime in Sunny Isles, Pinecrest, Key Biscayne or the Grove.
Lots of fun on tap - hit the stage with Peter Rabbit in the Gables; enjoy arts & crafts, food trucks & performances at Curtains Up! in Aventura, get festive at a family-friendly Oktoberfest, treat teachers to free admission at Miami Seaquarium or celebrate one year of The Gathering Place in Midtown.
See and Do
- YoungArts kicks off Outside the Box series with a show by musician Dave Eggar
- Carbonell winners take the stage at South Miami-Dade Cultural Arts Center
- Pumpkin patches, parties and trick-or-treating: Munchkin Fun's 2014 Halloween Guide
- MIFFecito: A Shot of Cinema
- Grovetoberfest brings craft beer to Miami's masses
- Playwright Vanessa Garcia tackles identity in exile in her new play 'The Cuban Spring'
- Two generations of Latin music-makers gather in Miami for Red Bull Siempre Fresco
- Trick or treating, holiday crafts & The Lego Movie: Munchkin Fun's top picks for the week
- Casino Night event in Coral Gables benefits at-risk children
- The Beatles arrive at HistoryMiami