What To Do With Kids in Miami Mar 5-11
Entertain the whole family with Munchkin Fun top picks for family fun in Miami March 5-11
Get out of the house & have some fun this week with Munchkin Fun's top picks. Sign up for our newsletter & visit MunchkinFun.com daily for up-to-the-minute events, classes & family-friendly fun throughout South Florida.
Lots of class action on tap this week. Get fit for free at the grand opening of Baby Boot Camp South Miami (March 6, 9:45am; Shops at Sunset Place: 5701 Sunset Dr, South Miami; free), celebrate Seuss on the loose at MCM (Mar 6, at 3:30pm; Miami Children’s Museum; free with admission), explore mommy & me at the Seaquarium (March 7 at 10 am; $12), get crafty at MOCA (Mar 8 at 10am; $12), or brush up on potty training tips in Kendall (Mar 5 at 11am; 8854 SW 129 Terr, Miami; $50).
Happy Hump Day
Wednesday (Mar 7) is bursting with fun. Celebrate Purim at Esther's Enchanted Ballroom (3:30pm; 2625 SW 3 Ave, Miami; Free) or a Miami Beach carnival (3:30pm, 4144 Chase Ave, Miami Beach; Free), rock out with a free Orchestra Miami concert in Pinecrest (7:30pm, 11000 Red Rd, Pinecrest; Free)), treat munchkins to a Spanish storytime in North Miami (10am; 18 Ave & NE 185 St, North Miami; Free) or catch an al fresco screening of The Natural (8pm, 500 17 St, Miami Beach; Free).
Skate Away With Toy Story
Skate away with Buzz, Woody & the gang. Disney on Ice: Toy Story 3 glides into town March 22-25 and Munchkin Fun is giving away 8 tickets! To enter, just post a pic of your munchkin in his Toy Story finest on our Facebook page & get all your friends to like it. The two pics with the most likes on March 18 will win four tickets each - happy skating!
A munchkin rite of passage takes center stage as the Miami Children’s Theatre presents the 25th Annual Putnam Spelling Bee Contest at the Dave & Mary Alper JCC. The sweet, funny show tackles family-friendly themes like winning, losing and friendship. Mar 9-11 at 8pm; 11155 SW 112 Ave, Kendall; $15
Get your Irish on a bit early as Coral Gables jumps on the St Patty’s Day bandwagon a week in advance. Sport your favorite green outfit and prep the family for a day of Irish music, dance, crafts and food (think corned beef, cabbage & soda bread). Munchkins will love the clowns, face painting and rock climbing while the adults will enjoy the full bar. Mar 12 at noon; 2800 Ponce de Leon Blvd, Coral Gables; Free
Munchkin Fun is Miami's first and only kids calendar & class directory. Sign up for our newsletter & visit MunchkinFun.com daily for up-to-the-minute events, classes & family-friendly fun throughout South Florida.
See and Do
- YoungArts kicks off Outside the Box series with a show by musician Dave Eggar
- Carbonell winners take the stage at South Miami-Dade Cultural Arts Center
- Pumpkin patches, parties and trick-or-treating: Munchkin Fun's 2014 Halloween Guide
- MIFFecito: A Shot of Cinema
- Grovetoberfest brings craft beer to Miami's masses
- Playwright Vanessa Garcia tackles identity in exile in her new play 'The Cuban Spring'
- Two generations of Latin music-makers gather in Miami for Red Bull Siempre Fresco
- Trick or treating, holiday crafts & The Lego Movie: Munchkin Fun's top picks for the week
- Casino Night event in Coral Gables benefits at-risk children
- The Beatles arrive at HistoryMiami