What to do with kids in Miami Feb 25- March 3
What to do with kids in Miami Feb 25- March 3: MunchkinFun.com's top weekly picks
Hope everyone had a great holiday weekend. Lots of fun on tap - sign up for our newsletter for up-to-the-minute events, classes & family-friendly fun throughout South Florida. Preview a few of the week's highlights below, enter to win tickets to Yo Gabba Gabba, learn how to meet Miami mom friends and check out Munchkin Fun's top 16 picks for the week.
Ride the rails with Thomas the Train, check out mommy & me at Jungle Island, bring the munchkins to the Miami Intl Film Festival, play tennis in Tamiami or hit the court with the Harlem Globetrotters. Get all the details here.
Check out a baby & me group in Key Biscayne, a parenting lecture on the Beach, an exploration of the benefits of child-led play in Midtown or a new parent class in Doral. Find the times, dates & locations here.
Take a Field Trip
Treat the munchkins to a field trip from the comfort of home with WPBT's KidVision. The local PBS station has created a series of field trips design to entertain, educate & inspire little ones. This week, get crafty at Joe Picasso's Pottery Studio and explore the potter's wheel, sculpting techniques, painting with glass and firing in the kiln. Start exploring here.
See and Do
- Discover Miami's Little Haiti neighbhorhood
- He was told as a boy he'd have to go to a deaf school—but he grew up to help make the music to Hamilton
- Las Olas Art Fair takes over the streets of Fort Lauderdale this weekend
- Coral Gables Hispanic Cultural Festival takes over the streets of City Beautiful
- 5 reasons you should check out the Mammography Art Initiative in Wynwood this weekend
- 7 free and cheap events in Miami this weekend - Oct. 21-23
- Miami's cultural itinerary courtesy of Prism Creative Group - Oct. 16-31
- Find your happy place at the Modern Life Mindfulness Festival
- Grovetoberfest Celebrates Six Years of Craft Beer
- Can this Miami political roast Make America Laugh Again? Let's hope so