What to do with kids in Miami Aug 27-Sept 2
What to do with kids in Miami Aug 27-Sept 2: MunchkinFun.com's top weekly picks
Get out of the house & have some fun this week with Munchkin Fun's top picks. Sign up for our newsletter & visit MunchkinFun.com daily for up-to-the-minute events, classes & family-friendly fun throughout South Florida.
Battle Rainy Day Blues
The house walls are starting to close in. Organize your munchkin's masterpieces with our new favorite app, check out our list of rainy day fun, venture out to an indoor playspace, pick up one of our favorite munchkin books or head into the kitchen with our favorite recipes.
Enjoy free screenings of The Red Balloon and Muppets from Space, celebrate the end of summer with a Key Biscayne BBQ, get spooky at MCM's Frankenstein Day or get groovy with your munchkin at a free mommy & me fun dance class at Le Petit Studio.
Flex Your Parent Power
Lots of opportunities to flex parenting muscles this week. Explore the ins and out of raising a healthy child at Whole Foods Coral Gables, check out the Alliance franc?aise open house, create a "conscious life with your children" at a Miami Beach parenting workshop or get sweaty with a prenatal fitness class.
Labor Day (and a bonus day off) await! Rock out at Viernes Culturales, save big at Jungle Island's Nabor Day weekend, ride the rails at Gold Coast Railroad's free first Saturday, treat munchkins to a character show & magician at Dolphin Mall's splashers kids club or enjoy arcade games, mini golf, rides and performances at the Dezer Collection's back to school bash.
See and Do
- Port-au-Prince Jazz fest comes to Little Haiti Cultural Center
- Disney's 'Worlds of Fantasy' skates into Miami
- Pigs Do Fly's 'Fifty Plus: A New Attitude' at Empire Stage brings a new batch of short plays
- Disney on Ice giveaways, kids cooking & freebie fun: Munchkin Fun's top picks for the week
- PAMM hosts monthly Free Second Saturdays event
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - Sept. 12-14
- Jungle Island plans giant transformation
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - Sept. 5-7
- Free admission to Jungle Island for South Florida kids through September
- Coral Gables Museum hosts 'The Big One', a collection of Hurricane Andrew photos