What to do with kids in Miami April 30 - May 4
What to do with kids in Miami April 30-May 4: MunchkinFun.com's top weekly picks
Get out of the house & have some fun this week with Munchkin Fun's top picks. Sign up for our newsletter & visit MunchkinFun.com daily for up-to-the-minute events, classes & family-friendly fun throughout South Florida.
Tuesday marks Mother Goose Day and we're quacking up with ways to celebrate. Make a paper plate goose; craft a feather collage; play a few rounds of duck duck goose; tell some classic nursery rhymes; explore moew crafts & songs here or head to MCM for a Mother Goose on the Loose celebration (May 1 at 3:30pm; Free with admission).
Enjoy free fitness with your munchkin at the grand opening of Baby Boot Camp Miami Beach (May 2 at 9am; Free), feast on treats & tours at the grand re-opening of Whole Foods South Beach (May 2 at 7am; Free), tour the stars at Miami Sci's fabulous first Friday (May 4 at 7:30pm; $4), get crafty at MOCA's creative arts for kids (May 5 at 2pm; $12) or enjoy a concert al fresco at the New World Symphony Wallcast (May 5 at 7:30pm; Free)
Cinco de Mayo arrives Saturday, bringing plenty of excuses to celebrate. Craft your own maracas or mini sombreros; make edible Mexican flags, fiesta fajitas or churros with your little ones; expand your Spanish vocabulary with munchkin-friendly flash cards; check out our Pinterest board for crafts, recipes & games; or book a sitter & head out for some adult fun.
Build with your little one at Home Depot's free kids workshop (May 5 at 9am; Free), celebrate all things fitness at Pinecrest's Fit Kids Day (May 5 from 10am-2pm; Free), enjoy live performances & a puppet show at the All Kids Included Family Arts Festival (May 5 from 10am-5pm; Free), take the stage with Henry and Mudge (May 5 at 11am; $3 and up) or dance the morning away with Momentum Dance Company's Counting Songs (May 5 at 11am; Free)
Munchkin Fun is Miami's first and only kids calendar & class directory. Sign up for our newsletter & visit MunchkinFun.com daily for up-to-the-minute events, classes & family-friendly fun throughout South Florida.
See and Do
- King Arthur and his knights get goofy in ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- ‘War Horse’ brings its imaginative, moving drama to Miami’s Arsht Center
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - Mar. 7-9
- Calle Ocho: 5 Things we are excited about this year
- Daddy Yankee reigns as the King of Calle Ocho
- World Golf Championships-Cadillac Championship brings golf and more to Doral
- Fair freebies, 110 years of Dr Seuss, Lego builds & 10 other fun things to do this week
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - Feb. 28-Mar. 2
- Carnaval on the Mile kicks off a busy month in Miami
- Whoopi Goldberg heads to the Arsht Center for a night of laughs