What to do with kids in Miami April 23-29
What to do with kids in Miami April 23-29: MunchkinFun.com's top weekly picks
Get out of the house & have some fun this week with Munchkin Fun's top picks. Sign up for our newsletter & visit MunchkinFun.com daily for up-to-the-minute events, classes & family-friendly fun throughout South Florida.
Extend Earth Day fun with free admission to Fairchild (April 23 at 10am; Free) or an eco-friendly Baby's Healthy Home seminar in South Miami (April 24 at 6pm, $45), catch a Tuesday afternoon mommy & me movie on the Beach (April 24 at noon; $9), enjoy an al fresco screening of Puss in Boots in Midtown (April 25 at 8pm; Free), take the stage with A Very Old Man with Enormous Wings (ongoing; $20) or celebrate National Airplane Day at MCM (April 26 at 3:30pm; Free with admission).
Enjoy face painting, treats & behind the scenes action at the Miami Childrens Theater open house (April 28 from 10am-5pm; Free) brush up on child safety in North Miami (April 28 from 10am-4pm; Free), treat munchkins to games & food at Family Counseling Service's family fun day (April 28 from 10am-1pm; Free), hop to the stage with Peter Rabbit & the Garden of Doom at Actors' Playhouse kids fest family weekend (April 28 from 11am-5pm; Free) or get sporty with Fin Fest 2012 at Sun Life Stadium (April 28 from 1-5pm; Free).
Tap Your Princess Power
National Princess Week is officially underway, bringing infinite reasons to celebrate princess power. Explore princess backstories & hometowns, take a princess quiz, make your own Belle or Cinderella crown or bake up a batch of princess cookies. Bonus - comment here on who your munchkin's favorite princess is & enter to win a princess-perfect prize.
Shop fresh produce & artisan treats at the recently relocated Gables farmers market (April 28 from 8am-1pm; Free), get in the kitchen with the Heart of a Chef Festival at Fairchild (April 29 fro 4-7pm; $30), get geeky with DNA Day at Miami Sci (April 28 from 10am-5pm; Free with admission), read up with Saturday storytime in the Gables (April 28 at 10:30am; Free), enjoy art projects & scavenger hunts at family day at the Bass Museum (April 29 from 2-4pm; Free) or build with Curious George in Kendall (April 29 from 1-2pm; $5).
Munchkin Fun is Miami's first and only kids calendar & class directory. Sign up for our newsletter & visit MunchkinFun.com daily for up-to-the-minute events, classes & family-friendly fun throughout South Florida.
See and Do
- City Theatre and Island City Stage team up for Shorts Gone Wild
- Munchkin Fun's top picks for family fun July 27 - Aug 2
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - July 24-26
- Overtown Music & Arts Festival is a soulful afternoon in historic Miami neighborhood
- International Salsa Festival takes over Tamiami Park for three days of salsa's finest performers
- Munchkin Fun's top picks for family fun July20-26
- Free and Cheap things to do in Miami - July 17-19
- The Project [theatre] takes over Bardot with immersive hip hop theater
- 15 things to do with the kids in Miami July 13-19: Munchkin Fun's Top Picks
- ‘Operation Pedro Pan: The Cuban Children’s Exodus' at HistoryMiami commemorates a dramatic migration