What to do with kids in Miami April 2-8
What to do with kids in Miami April 2-8: MunchkinFun.com's top weekly picks
Get out of the house & have some fun this week with Munchkin Fun's top picks. Sign up for our newsletter & visit MunchkinFun.com daily for up-to-the-minute events, classes & family-friendly fun throughout South Florida.
The holiday countdown is officially on and we're swimming in Passover & Easter fun. Join a community seder, or bake up a flourless chocolate cookies or toffee-chocolate matzah. Alternately, egg hunt at Jungle Island, Zoo Miami or North Shore Park; make your own bunny ears; or toast a Peeps 'smore.
Tuesday is International Children's Book Day in honor of Hans Christian Andersen's birthday. Celebrate with library storytime in Pinecrest (10am, 5835 SW 11 St), the Grove (3:30pm, 2875 McFarlane Rd) or South Miami (7pm, 600 Sunset Dr); join the party at MCM (10am, 980 Macarthur Cswy); pop by your local bookstore; or spend some extra time curling up with one of our favorite munchkin reads.
Try Something New
Treat the munchkins (and yourself!) to a Tuesday treat with free cone day at Ben & Jerry's (April 3 from 12-8pm; free; various locations), explore animal interactions & crafts at Miami Seaquarium's mommy & me (April 4 at 10am; $12; 4400 Rickenbacker Cswy, Key Biscayne), check out a new parenting group (April 4 from 6-8pm; free; 3250 SW 3 Ave) in Coral Gables or treat the whole family to a bedtime story (April 5 from 7-8pm; free; 5810 Biscayne Blvd, Miami) at the Gathering Place.
Strap on your skates & help set a world record for the longest roller-skating conga line at Live Young, Skate On! Saturday afternoon. From noon-4pm, treat the whole family to prfoessional jam skaters, skate rentals, ice cream treats & free onesies. Apr 7, noon-4pm; Free; Collins Park: 201 21 St, Miami Beach
Munchkin Fun is Miami's first and only kids calendar & class directory. Sign up for our newsletter & visit MunchkinFun.com daily for up-to-the-minute events, classes & family-friendly fun throughout South Florida.
See and Do
- Ayikodans offers a prayer in the form of dance for its sixth season at the Arsht Center
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - Feb. 5-7
- Skateboards and jazz collide this weekend at YoungArts campus
- Actors’ Playhouse Company turns out a dazzling version of the musical ‘West Side Story’
- Latest touring version of the Tony-winning musical 'Book of Mormon' is a delight
- ‘The Nether’ raises provocative questions about the dark side of the web
- Slow Burn Theatre Company’s ‘Violet’ is a musical about the scars we carry
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami this weekend - Jan. 29-31
- 6 reasons Miami's drive-in theater is better than Netflix and chill
- Miami Events - February 2016