What to do with kids in Miami April 2-8
What to do with kids in Miami April 2-8: MunchkinFun.com's top weekly picks
Get out of the house & have some fun this week with Munchkin Fun's top picks. Sign up for our newsletter & visit MunchkinFun.com daily for up-to-the-minute events, classes & family-friendly fun throughout South Florida.
The holiday countdown is officially on and we're swimming in Passover & Easter fun. Join a community seder, or bake up a flourless chocolate cookies or toffee-chocolate matzah. Alternately, egg hunt at Jungle Island, Zoo Miami or North Shore Park; make your own bunny ears; or toast a Peeps 'smore.
Tuesday is International Children's Book Day in honor of Hans Christian Andersen's birthday. Celebrate with library storytime in Pinecrest (10am, 5835 SW 11 St), the Grove (3:30pm, 2875 McFarlane Rd) or South Miami (7pm, 600 Sunset Dr); join the party at MCM (10am, 980 Macarthur Cswy); pop by your local bookstore; or spend some extra time curling up with one of our favorite munchkin reads.
Try Something New
Treat the munchkins (and yourself!) to a Tuesday treat with free cone day at Ben & Jerry's (April 3 from 12-8pm; free; various locations), explore animal interactions & crafts at Miami Seaquarium's mommy & me (April 4 at 10am; $12; 4400 Rickenbacker Cswy, Key Biscayne), check out a new parenting group (April 4 from 6-8pm; free; 3250 SW 3 Ave) in Coral Gables or treat the whole family to a bedtime story (April 5 from 7-8pm; free; 5810 Biscayne Blvd, Miami) at the Gathering Place.
Strap on your skates & help set a world record for the longest roller-skating conga line at Live Young, Skate On! Saturday afternoon. From noon-4pm, treat the whole family to prfoessional jam skaters, skate rentals, ice cream treats & free onesies. Apr 7, noon-4pm; Free; Collins Park: 201 21 St, Miami Beach
Munchkin Fun is Miami's first and only kids calendar & class directory. Sign up for our newsletter & visit MunchkinFun.com daily for up-to-the-minute events, classes & family-friendly fun throughout South Florida.
See and Do
- Munchkin Fun's top picks for family fun July 27 - Aug 2
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - July 24-26
- Overtown Music & Arts Festival is a soulful afternoon in historic Miami neighborhood
- International Salsa Festival takes over Tamiami Park for three days of salsa's finest performers
- Munchkin Fun's top picks for family fun July20-26
- Free and Cheap things to do in Miami - July 17-19
- The Project [theatre] takes over Bardot with immersive hip hop theater
- 15 things to do with the kids in Miami July 13-19: Munchkin Fun's Top Picks
- ‘Operation Pedro Pan: The Cuban Children’s Exodus' at HistoryMiami commemorates a dramatic migration
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - July 10-12