What to check out this week
POSE You don't have to be a size zero to feel like a supermodel. Just ask Toby English. The celeb photographer is the go-see man at Pics Boutique, a new studio in South Beach. Staff is on-hand...
Nothing to feel guilty about for picking up a bottle of Gucci's latest sumptuous scent, Guilty. Think floral with a hint of hedonism. Your nose begins its journey, picking up a mandarin rush, then moves onto pepper (no sneezing, though). Middle notes include lilac and geranium laced with peach. It's all Jennifer Lopez spritzes these days around the American Idol set. Well, she is the spokeswoman. $55 for a cute purse spray to $95, at department store counters.
You better work -- and talk about RuPaul's Drag Race. The time has come for you to lip-sync for your life! The (man) ladies are back on LOGOTV. Watch as contestants compete, presenting their own unique costumes and makeup, to be titled the ultimate drag queen. Did we mention RuPaul serves as their mentor/host--proof that this series will never be a drag. 9 p.m. Monday.
New, hip treasures keep popping up in the Wynwood District, and the latest is the El Bolero Room, upstairs at The Electric Pickle, the speakeasy lounge Miami has been missing. What previously felt like an abandoned warehouse has turned into a cozy, intimate lodge. Enter through a side door, go up a flight of stairs, and you're in a space that feels like a combination of old Miami, Chicago speakeasy and 1940s officers club. Soon there will be plenty of World War II Air Force photos from the designer's family heirlooms. 2826 N. Miami Ave., Miami. 305-456-5613.
On Our Radar
- Chris Bosh launches neckwear collection
- Estelle paints the town red at Blue Martini
- Giving advice on the modeling industry
- Maks Chmerkovskiy dancing into town
- Want to buy Scottie Pippen's house?
- Meet Jason Taylor at Macy's
- Popular TV anchor Louis Aguirre leaving Miami for Hollywood gig
- Diana Ross headlining annual gala
- Duran Duran movie coming to Miami Beach Cinematheque
- Tryouts for Estefan musical at Arsht