What to check out this week
POSE You don't have to be a size zero to feel like a supermodel. Just ask Toby English. The celeb photographer is the go-see man at Pics Boutique, a new studio in South Beach. Staff is on-hand...
Nothing to feel guilty about for picking up a bottle of Gucci's latest sumptuous scent, Guilty. Think floral with a hint of hedonism. Your nose begins its journey, picking up a mandarin rush, then moves onto pepper (no sneezing, though). Middle notes include lilac and geranium laced with peach. It's all Jennifer Lopez spritzes these days around the American Idol set. Well, she is the spokeswoman. $55 for a cute purse spray to $95, at department store counters.
You better work -- and talk about RuPaul's Drag Race. The time has come for you to lip-sync for your life! The (man) ladies are back on LOGOTV. Watch as contestants compete, presenting their own unique costumes and makeup, to be titled the ultimate drag queen. Did we mention RuPaul serves as their mentor/host--proof that this series will never be a drag. 9 p.m. Monday.
New, hip treasures keep popping up in the Wynwood District, and the latest is the El Bolero Room, upstairs at The Electric Pickle, the speakeasy lounge Miami has been missing. What previously felt like an abandoned warehouse has turned into a cozy, intimate lodge. Enter through a side door, go up a flight of stairs, and you're in a space that feels like a combination of old Miami, Chicago speakeasy and 1940s officers club. Soon there will be plenty of World War II Air Force photos from the designer's family heirlooms. 2826 N. Miami Ave., Miami. 305-456-5613.
On Our Radar
- Wilmer Valderrama in Miami
- Vanilla Ice headed to the Design District?
- Thrive Seminar, Nelson Foundation will award local entrepreneur $10,000 on Thursday on Miami Beach
- Comedian Jo Koy at Magic City Casino
- Want to get gorgeous fast? Glamsquad is one solution
- Puff Daddy and pals to take stage at Fontainebleau
- Miami Marlins star Giancarlo Stanton single & looking
- Brandon Flowers cancels Fillmore concert
- Zac Efron makes surprise visit to Regal, spins at Grand Central
- Ice Cube and co in town for 'Straight Outta Compton'