What to check out this week
CONTESTDoes the mere sight of a liquor bottle inspire you? Enter the Dewar's ``Studio D'' photo contest, which celebrates the new signature bottle design. Inspired by rock-and-roll photographer ...
We admit the concept is a bit unorthodox, but after this endless holiday season you're probably sick of smelling all that evergreen and bayberry anyway. If you are, White Castle has just the cure: the Original Slider-scented candle, which smells like a burger with onions. The candles cost $13 and can be purchased at HouseofCrave.com. The downside? Say goodbye to your New Year's diet; they'll make you really hungry.
Everyone deserves a little luxury at
this time of year, and you can find it at
the Spa at the Standard Miami Beach, which has just partnered with the renowned French skin-care line
Biologique Recherche. Try a 15-
minute Revital-Eyes treatment
($40 with any facial), which exfoliates and hydrates delicate eye and lip areas, or go crazy with the Oxygenating + Slimming Body Treatment (60
minutes for $160), which
includes a detoxifying
bath (you know you need
that), botanical oils massaged into the skin and a complete hydrotherapy session. The
skin-care line uses no artificial dyes or fragrances.
-- CONNIE OGLE
On Our Radar
- Florida has better taste in Halloween candy than most other states, says survey
- Phil Collins: 'I don’t like Miami particularly'
- DJ Irie gets put in the hot seat this Saturday at his own celebrity roast
- King Tide floods the streets of South Florida
- Jose Fernandez may get his own Miami street
- Orange is the New Black star gets her drink on
- Where to get hurricane updates without a TV
- Leonardo DiCaprio, Mark Ruffalo at “Before the Flood” screening
- What's closed in Miami because of Hurricane Matthew
- La La Anthony in Miami trying out cocktails