What to check out this week
CONTESTDoes the mere sight of a liquor bottle inspire you? Enter the Dewar's ``Studio D'' photo contest, which celebrates the new signature bottle design. Inspired by rock-and-roll photographer ...
We admit the concept is a bit unorthodox, but after this endless holiday season you're probably sick of smelling all that evergreen and bayberry anyway. If you are, White Castle has just the cure: the Original Slider-scented candle, which smells like a burger with onions. The candles cost $13 and can be purchased at HouseofCrave.com. The downside? Say goodbye to your New Year's diet; they'll make you really hungry.
Everyone deserves a little luxury at
this time of year, and you can find it at
the Spa at the Standard Miami Beach, which has just partnered with the renowned French skin-care line
Biologique Recherche. Try a 15-
minute Revital-Eyes treatment
($40 with any facial), which exfoliates and hydrates delicate eye and lip areas, or go crazy with the Oxygenating + Slimming Body Treatment (60
minutes for $160), which
includes a detoxifying
bath (you know you need
that), botanical oils massaged into the skin and a complete hydrotherapy session. The
skin-care line uses no artificial dyes or fragrances.
-- CONNIE OGLE
On Our Radar
- Victoria's Angel model in Miami for 2 appearances
- Want to spend New Year's Eve with Pitbull?
- Make-A-Wish Ball celebrates 20 years at the InterContinental Miami with Diana Ross performance, Oz theme
- Jingle Ball lineup includes big music names
- Stars come out for Book of Life premiere
- Launch of new Arts & Entertainment District features free coffee on Wednesdays
- Report: Miami ranks No. 1 for attractive people, nightclubs and singles scene
- CIndy Crawford does cocktails in Miami
- One Direction's Harry Styles does Miami
- For sale: LeBron James' Miami mansion