What to check out this week
DRINKTo ring in 2011 in style, sideswipe the obvious and look into another sparkling adult beverage. Saint Crystal, essentially vodka with bubbles, is made from a blend of primo grains from Cham...
Just in time for our annual vow-to-do-better resolution after another calorie-laden holiday season, SoulCycle opens its doors at the Mondrian South Beach, 1100 West Ave. New York's indoor cycling workout -- an intense 45-minute session of pedaling -- is a hot ticket item among the celebrity set. Tom and Katie were spotted in classes earlier this month, and Kelly Ripa, Kevin Bacon and Brooke Shields are also Soul-sters. The South Beach outpost will feature 30 bikes in a studio on the third floor of the hotel for $32 a session. And for those of you who believe shopping-is-my-cardio, head to the SoulCycle boutique. Doors opened, fittingly, the day after Christmas.
The holidays can do a job on your looks, what with all that gift wrapping (and ripping open), traveling, imbibing and general merrymaking. Even guys could use a little pick-me-up after it's all over. Look to local company MenScience Androceuticals, which recently released the Facial Tone Enhancer, a nifty combo of tinted moisturizer and liquid bronzer with an anti-aging boost of hyaluronic acid. Hey, it's important to look like you live in Miami even if you're spending time up in the tundra. $27, menscience.com .
No one wants to do too much shopping after Christmas, but here's something worth the investment: Rhode Island artist Lolita Healy has the cutest collection of New Year's Eve glasses to get the party started right. All are handpainted by the artist/hostess extraordinaire and Martini Moments author. Bring one over instead of a bottle of wine. $12-$25 at thelolitastore.com.
-- AUDRA D.S. BURCH
& MADDY MARR
On Our Radar
- Demi Lovato: Eating disorder started when I was toddler
- Rap mogul Birdman dating Toni Braxton
- Sarah Jessica Parker popping in to Bloomingdale's Aventura
- 3 rare pre-embargo Cuban cigars to buy in Miami
- How to get the celebrity bikini body you crave
- Luis Guzman in Miami: Spanish is easier than French
- Miami artist Becky Rosa unveils massive public art installation at Wynwood gallery
- Antonio Banderas: I have an attachment to Miami
- Runway Reviews from Miami Fashion Week 2016
- Do you live in one of the most stressed out places in Florida?