What to check out this week
DRINKTo ring in 2011 in style, sideswipe the obvious and look into another sparkling adult beverage. Saint Crystal, essentially vodka with bubbles, is made from a blend of primo grains from Cham...
Just in time for our annual vow-to-do-better resolution after another calorie-laden holiday season, SoulCycle opens its doors at the Mondrian South Beach, 1100 West Ave. New York's indoor cycling workout -- an intense 45-minute session of pedaling -- is a hot ticket item among the celebrity set. Tom and Katie were spotted in classes earlier this month, and Kelly Ripa, Kevin Bacon and Brooke Shields are also Soul-sters. The South Beach outpost will feature 30 bikes in a studio on the third floor of the hotel for $32 a session. And for those of you who believe shopping-is-my-cardio, head to the SoulCycle boutique. Doors opened, fittingly, the day after Christmas.
The holidays can do a job on your looks, what with all that gift wrapping (and ripping open), traveling, imbibing and general merrymaking. Even guys could use a little pick-me-up after it's all over. Look to local company MenScience Androceuticals, which recently released the Facial Tone Enhancer, a nifty combo of tinted moisturizer and liquid bronzer with an anti-aging boost of hyaluronic acid. Hey, it's important to look like you live in Miami even if you're spending time up in the tundra. $27, menscience.com .
No one wants to do too much shopping after Christmas, but here's something worth the investment: Rhode Island artist Lolita Healy has the cutest collection of New Year's Eve glasses to get the party started right. All are handpainted by the artist/hostess extraordinaire and Martini Moments author. Bring one over instead of a bottle of wine. $12-$25 at thelolitastore.com.
-- AUDRA D.S. BURCH
& MADDY MARR
On Our Radar
- Celebrity doctor's Grove home sells
- Miami teen hits the big time
- Inside details of Sofia Vergara's wedding
- DWTS cast members will present SWAY: A Dance Trilogy at Olympia Theater
- Trey Songz and friends spend the day giving back.
- Recap: Miami.com Experience - Pop-Up Dinner at Bocce with Sugarcane
- Tiger Woods' ex holds dinner in Palm Beach
- Jamaican pop star OMI at club opening
- Miami's (wannabe) adopted son David Beckham is 'Sexiest Man'
- Influence Miami at Bakehouse Art Complex